Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

A question on the available space. Is it possible to have the alpha install on a different drive from the main game?

My main game is on my SSD C: drive which doesn't have 60Gb of space.
My D: drive has plenty of space tho.
If Frontier can tell us the name of the installation sub-directory where most of that 60Gb is going to go then I can always just create a link.
My System is similar. But I run Elite from the D: drive. Hopefully Alpha can be run from D drive too. :)

The meltdown on Twitter reinforces my decision to leave that platform :ROFLMAO:
It's going to be nothing compared to the meltdown, as tons of people try to download the ALPHA, and the poor server hampsters won't be able to keep up on their little CPU wheels....

Actually it's not going to be a server hampster bottleneck, so much as over exhausted network carrier pigeons when you think about it.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
A question on the available space. Is it possible to have the alpha install on a different drive from the main game?

My main game is on my SSD C: drive which doesn't have 60Gb of space.
My D: drive has plenty of space tho.
If Frontier can tell us the name of the installation sub-directory where most of that 60Gb is going to go then I can always just create a link.
Previously all of the betas were installed in the same main directory, but a separate subfolder. From experience, I don't think what you want is possible, Alec :(

Hey i just thought of this, but isn't elite on geforce now? And if so, would us low-spec plebs be able to play the alpha from there if need be? Never used that service up until now. :D

60GB !!! I'm going to have trouble finding 60GB and my 980Ti is looking like it might be underpowered now. New drive and GPU upgrade is a lot of moola. Odyssey might be a stretch too far with GPUs being rare as rocking horse at the moment. Had I known this before hand I wouldn't have bought the Alpha.

60GB !!! I'm going to have trouble finding 60GB and my 980Ti is looking like it might be underpowered now. New drive and GPU upgrade is a lot of moola. Odyssey might be a stretch too far with GPUs being rare as rocking horse at the moment. Had I known this before hand I wouldn't have bought the Alpha.
there will be a lot of optimizing between the launch of the alpha and the actual release, so if i where you, i'd hold off on upgrading for now

IKR? It's almost like this is a brand new game or something. My 486 will never cope...

Top Bottom