Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

It's going to be nothing compared to the meltdown, as tons of people try to download the ALPHA, and the poor server hampsters won't be able to keep up on their little CPU wheels....

Actually it's not going to be a server hampster bottleneck, so much as over exhausted network carrier pigeons when you think about it.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

all hands on deck, or all hamsters in wheel?

A strange issue here...On my iPad Steam app, Odyssey are in my library ok, but on my game pc steam app its not. 😂 On my pc steam store Odyssey informs that its already in my library...but it only show up on my ipad steam library....now what? 😅 Elite Dangerous and Horizons are installed ok.

60GB !!! I'm going to have trouble finding 60GB and my 980Ti is looking like it might be underpowered now. New drive and GPU upgrade is a lot of moola. Odyssey might be a stretch too far with GPUs being rare as rocking horse at the moment. Had I known this before hand I wouldn't have bought the Alpha.
Refund it then.

I'm in the process of moving my ED install to my K: drive - the ancient SSD it was on barely has space.. K: is a Samsung 970 M.2 with 300GB free :)
Should also 'help' with loading the alpha if 'unoptimised' also means 'lots of files being loaded'

It's going to be nothing compared to the meltdown, as tons of people try to download the ALPHA, and the poor server hampsters won't be able to keep up on their little CPU wheels....

Actually it's not going to be a server hampster bottleneck, so much as over exhausted network carrier pigeons when you think about it.

The fresh batch of hamsters was onboad the stuck Ever Given. The replacemant hamsters for the replacement hamsters are still sailing around the Cape of Good Hope. Hence the delay

Previously all of the betas were installed in the same main directory, but a separate subfolder. From experience, I don't think what you want is possible, Alec :(
Sure it is, I just need to make that separate subfolder be a link to somewhere on my D: drive. The only issue is knowing the name of that subfolder. I'll wait until people have started downloading and then ask someone what the new folder is called.

Top Bottom