Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

This isnt showing for me in the launcher. I prepurchased the alpha through steam, but cant really tell if that puschase happened. If I look at my account at FDev, Im showing no purchases. Should I be re-purchasing it or something?

On Steam...

Do not launch ED Horizons.

Instead launch Vanilla ED...

Then the ED Patcher will come up with the Odyssey install.

Presuming your Steam currently shows that Odyssey is in your current DLC's for the game; if not then you might want to check your Steam purchase history.

I was down to 15 minutes left, chugging over 16mb/s but for the second time my whole IO is hanging totally... Never seen anything like this, it's a new machine. Elite launcher is killing it though...

It gets going again, just has these massive hangs. Bit weird given it's an nvme.

Still, 15m left...

Finished going through the "Preparing to update" phase...

Now in a "Syncing Files" phase, ETA listed 2 hours, averaging between 10.50MB/s and 11.20MB/s

Server down??
1617022367673.png

On Steam...

Do not launch ED Horizons.

Instead launch Vanilla ED...

Then the ED Patcher will come up with the Odyssey install.

Presuming your Steam currently shows that Odyssey is in your current DLC's for the game; if not then you might want to check your Steam purchase history.
Bought only the game, apparently, even though I stopped that before and tried getting the alpha expansion. So, I try and add the alpha expansion, and it says I already own it....all I can do is gift it, no way to purchase for myself. What?
Is this still available?

Download :)
I normally play in VR, so just setting up my 'flat screen' setup, and away we go
Stated it - it tried to launch in VR, so I quit out, and then re-launched the launcher - I now no longer have the Alpha as an option !!

LOL, download started, and finished just inside an hour. The button didnt turn to "Play" and went to a greyed-out "Install" button again, upon restarting the launcher, Odyssey is no longer on the list

• Like (+1)
Reactions: XLA
Bought only the game, apparently, even though I stopped that before and tried getting the alpha expansion. So, I try and add the alpha expansion, and it says I already own it....all I can do is gift it, no way to purchase for myself. What?
Is this still available?
Probably just refund the pre-order and re-buy with Alpha access.

Stated it - it tried to launch in VR, so I quit out, and then re-launched the launcher - I now no longer have the Alpha as an option !!
You sure you didnt start the Horizon launcher by accident? In Steam, make sure you select the non-Horizon version.

Top Bottom