Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

3 1/2 hours into dowloading and I still have 2 hours to go!!!!!

27mb per sec reported by my provider and yet I'm only just getting over 3mb per sec. Anyone know how I can get to the speed I pay for?
Phone them up, whinge, say you're looking at other providers and aren't happy with the service you are getting, DO NOT be aggressive to the person on the phone

Yeah, there should be ways of making a few bucks in the station itself I think, or be able to do some no-cost missions (no travel fees).
There are several missions available that are listed as Zero Threat level, and so shouldn't require any combat involved.

You know you can Re-interact with the NPC to see a different mission if you dont like the one they offer you.

Or of course you could just use your default starting Pistol thats already in your inventory.

There are several missions available that are listed as Zero Threat level, and so shouldn't require any combat involved.

You know you can Re-interact with the NPC to see a different mission if you dont like the one they offer you.

Or of course you could just use your default starting Pistol thats already in your inventory.
And the travel is free? I think the issue was more about that they ran out of money for Apex travel.

I'm in!

Silky smooth 15fps in the station, but it does look nice.

Anyone figured out how to get to the hangar? says I have no ship docked
Probably because you don't have any ships in Alpha phase 1. :D

You're not supposed to have any ships. They'll release them in phase 2.

He's right though...

They only gave us 50K starting credits.

The only Gun available at start, also costs 50K cr.

The "Apex Interstellar" travel costs 100cr.

So if you buy a Gun, then go take a mission, and have to use Apex Interstellar to get there, you're stuck and can't go cause you have no credits left.

It would be advisable for Testers to try to find a Non-combat related mission to get started, so they can immediatelty earn a few extra credits, then go buy extra gear, weapons, etc for the tougher missions.
Also, these things are exactly what they should report. Properly, and a bit calmer ideally, but still. Let's not waste an alpha by blaming everything on the user. You shouldn't be able to get stuck within a minute, obviously.

He's right though...

They only gave us 50K starting credits.

The only Gun available at start, also costs 50K cr.

The "Apex Interstellar" travel costs 100cr.

So if you buy a Gun, then go take a mission, and have to use Apex Interstellar to get there, you're stuck and can't go cause you have no credits left.

It would be advisable for Testers to try to find a Non-combat related mission to get started, so they can immediatelty earn a few extra credits, then go buy extra gear, weapons, etc for the tougher missions.
do some mining

Keyboard and mouse not responding, joystick not working...

I'm just, standing there.... can't move or do anything, other then hit ESC to bring up the menu, whch i did and went to look at the controls and I found that the "On Foot" controls are not mapped to anything, at all... and I am unable to change them.
Had this problem but I solved it by using the default Mouse+Keyboard. I thought the game was stuck...

😭Gosh. With the speed it's downloading right now, I'll be here all day. It's in the "sync files" state right now, and earlier it told me it would take 44 days to finish... now it's only 2 hrs (for the past 2 hours)... uggghh... Oh, well, I'm sure by the time I'm done there's a patch already. :D

Stupid question - how do I conduct the Alpha in VR ? After all, I had to start the non-VR option in the Frontier menu to be able to download the Alpha...

Did both of those. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
The heck. That's weird. Have no armchair IT support answers left to give'ya. If it's any comfort, I still haven't finished download and install. Started like 2 1/2 hours ago, and it's only halfway through "sync". (Hint: don't download over Wifi...)

Stupid question - how do I conduct the Alpha in VR ? After all, I had to start the non-VR option in the Frontier menu to be able to download the Alpha...

Phase 1 isn't really supporting Alpha on foot, which is the only bit you get to do at the moment, apparantly even if you do start it in VR you just get a flat screen in front of your face (as per one of the updates back at the tail end of 2020)

Top Bottom