Odyssey - Apex Interstellar Transport ideas

First of all, I haven't played the alpha, and I know that the taxi service is a point of contention among alpha players, however, I like the idea of it, journeying takes time, but perhaps the execution needs fleshing out?

I think it would feel more immersive if NPCs joined you on your journeys, however this wouldn't necessarily make sense if you're travelling to more remote locations, so I propose two different types of service:

Small Shuttle - This is called as and when, you're the only passenger. Used in-system to get from A to B.

Large shuttle - This service runs on a schedule and is for traveling between systems or stations, you have a boarding time and NPCs and other players would board with you to whatever the desired system/station is. When you get there you disembark and book another shuttle if you intend to continue your journey.

The other aspect I would like to talk about is things to do while you're in transit. I've heard a lot of players just tab out to watch YouTube and such. What if the shuttles had on-board entertainment, such as mini games, comics, user generated short stories, perhaps you can even watch twitch streams, all in-game, all on the shuttle? This would serve to keep more players in the game but also make the ride more enjoyable.

Just some ideas, I love what you are doing with Odyssey and I can't wait to play it on my PS5 when the console update drops.

Cheers!

Top Bottom