*******Odyssey: Console Release ETA. *******

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I can assure you that it is the same game, the framerate can be better because the series x has the fps boost and auto hdr. If the game has the framerate not blocked the improvements are immediate even without fps boost
maybe i misunderstood the post i responded to.

Now things getting started to be redicioulis, connection issues? Mentioned in there Financial Report? Perhaps they should be honest, this is so cringe and absolut disrespecting for the whole community. All the problems we have with this games are just simply connection issues? Broken promises ? Delays over delays? Or the awful technical state of EDO? All this issues are connection issues? Sorry but this is a big lie.

@sallymorganmoore
How do and good day me lady, an easy'ish one for you as Update 7 has moved to next week for EDO will that delay the parity update for consoles, Ok well there's a second one any idea when we'll find out what's gonna be included in this update. Just trying to find something to look forward to ;) 🤞
cheers me dears

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
@sallymorganmoore
How do and good day me lady, an easy'ish one for you as Update 7 has moved to next week for EDO will that delay the parity update for consoles,
Hello Commander! o7 So yes, basically to keep things running as efficient as possible over here we really want to aim for literal parity with releasing the updates too, so..see update 7 as one big swag bag for all.

Ok well there's a second one any idea when we'll find out what's gonna be included in this update. Just trying to find something to look forward to ;) 🤞
cheers me dears
Haw I'm afraid it'll be the usual approach really - I'll be jamming together the update notes and getting those out on the morning for the most accurate list of what's going in.

You'll already be aware of this so my apologies, but there is the update thread over here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/developer-update-3-august.589045/ with a bit more on SOME (I can't stress SOME enough) of the issues tackled and what not.

Hello Commander! o7 So yes, basically to keep things running as efficient as possible over here we really want to aim for literal parity with releasing the updates too, so..see update 7 as one big swag bag for all.

Haw I'm afraid it'll be the usual approach really - I'll be jamming together the update notes and getting those out on the morning for the most accurate list of what's going in.

You'll already be aware of this so my apologies, but there is the update thread over here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/developer-update-3-august.589045/ with a bit more on SOME (I can't stress SOME enough) of the issues tackled and what not.
Sally, general question, are there plans to provide some gameplay to Exobiology. It seems like the victim in all this, and it's a aspect that I think I might really have enjoyed if there was something more to it. Thanks, and hoping you pop up irrepressibly on my desktop soon. :)

sallymorganmoore

Sally, general question, are there plans to provide some gameplay to Exobiology. It seems like the victim in all this, and it's a aspect that I think I might really have enjoyed if there was something more to it. Thanks, and hoping you pop up irrepressibly on my desktop soon. :)

Hey Angus!!
Where we are trying to introduce modest, funky new bits and bobs to vamp up gameplay experiences a bit across these updates to keep things varied (like adding turrets and such), we're keeping a strong focus on ironing out people's horrible issues at the moment to get the game to a place where we can then comfortably consider more gameplay focused updates and tweaks moving forward.

It's the reason I can't give any exacts on when the team will focus more on gameplay elements, like suggestions toward Exobiology - it's not us shirking anything away in that area.
Hope this helps even a little bit.

It does, Sally, thanks. And as a mark of my gratitude I bring a free suggestion! (You lucky, lucky, lady!). :)

When you take a sample with the scanner, you should have to mix and match at a molecular level, to find the key to unlock the genetic code, this presented in a simple 3D environment perhaps similar to the line vectors used in 8 bit Elite. Totally do-able to solve the puzzle but with bonus points for speed/economy like planetary scanning.

Not sure if this is partly me, or somebody else from the Alpha.

Hello, I understand that we are talking about "parity" between the pc versions and the console versions but we kindly ask two things: 1) when odyssey will be released on consoles? 2) why this deafening silence on the console version? I supported you by buying the game twice, once on xbox (my main account) and once on pc including Odyssey expansion. I would like not to be forgotten please. p.s. you can check my stats on xbox my gt is MX Shadowlord and you will see that I gave so much to the game as many other console players.

What get me triggered is that there is no mentioning in the financial report about the consoles? Clear my mind, but it’s feels like the EDO expansion for consoles feels like never happens.

no answers, no further information. That’s definitely not the way, to show open communication to us. So clear question here

@sallymorganmoore will elite Odyssee see the lights on consoles or not? This is already the final question, that we can’t expect any timelines for the consoles it’s a bittersweet fact, but one thing should be possible, and that is to confirm that EDO will come to consoles or not.

will elite Odyssee see the lights on consoles or not? This is already the final question, that we can’t expect any timelines for the consoles it’s a bittersweet fact, but one thing should be possible, and that is to confirm that EDO will come to consoles or not.
We aren't going to get a response to that question . Can you imagine if they turned round and said nope we will not support consoles now rather than leave it for 6-12months and then say it . Think of the arx they would lose . They will keep us hanging on til either it comes out ? Or at the last minute like The EDO drop ? Sally bless her heart can only tell us what she is allowed . Try Arthur ? DB ? Bruce ? Ohhh yeah they don't answer pings . Fdev have no idea when or if EDO will drop for us the console players as they can't get it right for the PC players .
We will just have to wait and see

We aren't going to get a response to that question . Can you imagine if they turned round and said nope we will not support consoles now rather than leave it for 6-12months and then say it . Think of the arx they would lose . They will keep us hanging on til either it comes out ? Or at the last minute like The EDO drop ? Sally bless her heart can only tell us what she is allowed . Try Arthur ? DB ? Bruce ? Ohhh yeah they don't answer pings . Fdev have no idea when or if EDO will drop for us the console players as they can't get it right for the PC players .
We will just have to wait and see
Yes, but they can confirm, that is on course or not. Imagine the breake of trust, when they tell us that the consoles are going to expire. It’s a shame, that a publisher who was nominate with this game, back in the days change their mindset so hard that they ignore a complete community (consoles)

the funny thing is that they give us a update for Horizon, in better words? The console version is complete lost, and they will give us some improvements, to hang around, till mid 2022y or forever. The only good thing is that the azimuth saga is in 4th chapter, which means that they do some significant development in the backround. So there is the next question, what will happens after this, the pc commanders are hungry to get the hands on lore stuff with only Odyssee context, or they will expend the maintaince Mode for consoles and we will wait a long time to the for example the Thargoids in flesh.

its now a long time without any news about the consoles. And it’s time to give us something to hope, because all goodwill in honor, a update to Horizon, wouldn’t stop the outcry’s of the consoles

I don't think they can confirm as they don't really know if they can manage it ?

Just hope they don't mess around with EDH at all ....

That can't have a definitive answer yet. Frontier don't know what it will take to get Odyssey running properly on PC so of course they don't know whether the console hardware will be able to run that. I've said before that I do think PS5/Series will be ok, but I have my doubts that PS4 or One/X will ever see Oddysey. It's just too much development cost to invest in a superseded platform.

Honestly that would be financial suicide. I lone ED but I am not going out and buy a new series x console just to play this game. A 1x is a fine console and is as good as mid level oir higher gaming pc. With the cost of video cards today if they can not get this game playable on a 1x then this game will die. People are not going to spend the money for high end gear just fo ED. The issue is they need to optimize thier code and they are working on it. I for one am willing to wait.

This is a big we don’t give a dam about the console community we are not ‘core’ community not important enough, all the updates coming out are just improving the new release it’s not fixing any supposed game breaking bugs that stop them bringing it out on console. Yet another betrayal

Why release to console with all these problems, especially the performance issues. fix all this then release on console and if there are console specific bugs then fix those.

sallymorganmoore

@sallymorganmoore will elite Odyssee see the lights on consoles or not? This is already the final question, that we can’t expect any timelines for the consoles it’s a bittersweet fact, but one thing should be possible, and that is to confirm that EDO will come to consoles or not.
[/QUOTE]

My response to this question remains the same as the other few 100 I've typed up in here, Sasa.
More information on console release won't come from me in a forum reply, but we will be ready with a more formal update as soon as it's available to share.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom