*******Odyssey: Console Release ETA. *******

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile you can call people cry-babies, tell them to shut their pie hole, call them dense and spit vitriol in their direction and those posts get left up.. guess we just gotta be a PC boy then we can say what we like and be a rude wotsit to boot!

not that anyone here would actually want to and I'm glad we don't. But it is a little animal farm here with some being more equal than others.

You're kinda making their point.

Just sayin

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Contact a CM or support directly. @Sally
Yes but like I said, what are you meant to say.

"Hi, I'd like to report a post of mine being deleted."

"Ok, what post was it?"

"Well its been deleted so I can't show you, but it didn't contain anything bad."

"Ok, which mod deleted it?"

"I have no idea, they just deleted it without any reason or explanation."

"Oh I see. Well without the mods name or the post they deleted, what would you like us to do?"

"Nothing. Never mind. Forget it. I'm just venting my frustration."

"Ok have a nice day."

Last edited:
Yes but like I said, what are you meant to say.

"Hi, I'd like to report a post of mine being deleted."

"Ok, what post was it?"

"Well its been deleted so I can't show you, but it didn't contain anything bad."

"Ok, which mod deleted it?"

"I have no idea, they just deleted it without any reason or explanation."

"Oh I see. Well without the mods name or the post they deleted, what would you like us to do?"

"Nothing. Never mind. I'm just venting my frustration."

"Ok have a good day."
Cite the thread. This might come as a shock to you but mods can see deleted posts...

I wouldn't worry about it at all. As long as you can sleep at night what other people do is of no concern, I'm just pleased that xbox is well represented these days and nice to see the topic being kept to the forefront!

No, that would imply there is information but it is hidden.
Currently FD have stated quite clear they are postponing the work on consoles until the EDO works properly on PC.

There is no other NEW information besides that 👆
EDO is still being worked on PC. Update 8 was announced.
We will see after that how things will proceed, but for the moment there is no new information besides what was already announced.

I'm just amazed with the astonishing amount of patience Sally is showing while dealing with the constant Are we there yet?
The frustration (and the reason people keep asking for updates) is that the current approach of “we don’t know what’s wrong, what we need to do to fix it or what fixed even looks like” is no way to run a company.

So being told that the above completely ridiculous approach is what’s required before the console work can be “considered to be started on” is essentially no information at all.

The frustration (and the reason people keep asking for updates) is that the current approach of “we don’t know what’s wrong, what we need to do to fix it or what fixed even looks like” is no way to run a company.

So being told that the above completely ridiculous approach is what’s required before the console work can be “considered to be started on” is essentially no information at all.
It sounds like a catch 22 tbh.. Either they don't know which is incredibly damning or they do know but won't tell us which is incredibly frustrating. If it's the former admitting such is out of the question as it doesn't look good to the suits, if it's the latter then there is a reason that we aren't being told. Which is obviously in the company's best interest but not ours.

It sounds like a catch 22 tbh.. Either they don't know which is incredibly damning or they do know but won't tell us which is incredibly frustrating. If it's the former admitting such is out of the question as it doesn't look good to the suits, if it's the latter then there is a reason that we aren't being told. Which is obviously in the company's best interest but not ours.
I mean … they must at least know what they’re shooting for, right? As in FPS for a given graphical detail on a min-spec machine? If they don’t even know what their target is how the hell are they gonna know when “it’s ready”?!

I mean … they must at least know what they’re shooting for, right? As in FPS for a given graphical detail on a min-spec machine? If they don’t even know what their target is how the hell are they gonna know when “it’s ready”?!
Right.. the one good thing about designing for consoles is that you have a set specification requirement that you absolutely know ahead of time.. I think that's why they initially were going to focus on bringing it to consoles and leave the PC boys till later but then hit a snag and had to do a quick switch.

So yeah, they should have a target at least. Will they release it? Who knows at this stage.

Right.. the one good thing about designing for consoles is that you have a set specification requirement that you absolutely know ahead of time.. I think that's why they initially were going to focus on bringing it to consoles and leave the PC boys till later but then hit a snag and had to do a quick switch.

So yeah, they should have a target at least. Will they release it? Who knows at this stage.

What?

Are you saying Odyssey was going to be console first and PC second?

What?

Are you saying Odyssey was going to be console first and PC second?
After the release of Odyssey and the subsequent debacle Braben said they were going to concentrate on getting it right for console first and that would help iron out the problems for PC, then they did a 180.

I think the reason why the devs are not telling Sally, or us directly, about any kind of rough estimate, is because they more likely know that Odyssey won't work on old consoles, even though a few months ago they said a console release was definitely due in the Autumn.

I think they don't want to commit to anything and then have to go back on their word again.

As frustrating as the radio silence is, it also speaks volumes to me, so I'm just waiting for one day next year when we get the announcement saying that.....
'unfortunately due to technical barriers, etc... Odyssey will not be coming to consoles (or old consoles at least).'

Anyway, I'm going to bed.
o7

I think the reason why the devs are not telling Sally, or us directly, about any kind of rough estimate, is because they more likely know that Odyssey won't work on old consoles, even though a few months ago they said a console release was definitely due in the Autumn.

I think they don't want to commit to anything and then have to go back on their word again.

As frustrating as the radio silence is, it also speaks volumes to me, so I'm just waiting for one day next year when we get the announcement saying that.....
'unfortunately due to technical barriers, etc... Odyssey will not be coming to consoles (or old consoles at least).'

o7
Peace out my man.. I hear ya.

o7
Yeh, wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Nighty night! 😴

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom