*******Odyssey: Console Release ETA. *******

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
If by “current gen” you mean the Series X and PS5, then also remember that Planet Coaster still has One and PS4 support, and Jurassic World Evolution will as well once it is released.
PS5 and XS are the current generation, as you would say this isn't up for debate.

Hopefully Odyssey will release with native support for current generation and work on last generation as well. Best of both worlds.

Deleted member 254248

D
My hunch is if they can get it working on last generation adequately it will be released there to make the maximum return. If they can't get it running well, then it may either be canned on console or released on current generation only.
They’ll get it working on current gen consoles, because they have no economic choice, it’s just going to take them a while to do so. Whether they’ll also have native support for next gen consoles at release, or if that will come later like Cyberpunk 2077 is what remains to be seen.

Deleted member 254248

D
PS5 and XS are the current generation, as you would say this isn't up for debate.
Scroll back up, we’ve had that conversation. :ROFLMAO: Industry versus dictionary terms.

It’s been actually kind of funny to watch. Gaming journalists tried calling the Series X and PS5 “current gen” back after they launched, and I believe it was Kotaku that had an article a couple of months after they launched about when Capcom announced the launch of a new game and they referred to the One and PS4 as current gen even after the X and PS5 had been released. The journalist wrote about what was current and next gen and why he said what he said. They’ve been calling the X and PS5 as “next gen” ever since. Some journalists are trying to change to “new gen consoles”, but everyone in the industry still calls them next gen consoles. I’m sure that will change at some point in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS5 was released in UK nearly a year ago so regardless of terminology used soon after launch we are now basically a year into the PS5, Xbox X generation. So PS5 and Xbox X are the current generation. PS4 and Xbox One are, by definition, last gen.

Now, its a fairly safe bet that no Odyssey is coming to any generation of console in 2021. So we might reasonably speculate that we aren't going to see Odyssey on consoles until Spring 2022 at the earliest. By then the current gen consoles are approaching 18 months since launch.

Now, we all know that FDev have made it clear that they are planning on releasing Odyssey on last gen consoles, for some reason. Probably due to last gen being current gen when they made those plans. Some questions for Frontier to consider: At what point in time since the launch of the current generation of consoles does the plan to release on previous generation become a liability? Would your plans change if you haven't released on consoles three years after the launch of the current gen?, 5 years? There must be a point where you would say its too long now, we should review our plan.

How about we go about this from a different angle and ask ,what will it take to get Odyssey up to the standard Fdev wants it to be ,besides time ?
In Words of Fdev. ,, nothing to share at the moment, please reconsider the statement which made for this,, or in words of CM ,, we have answered it 1000 times, we have no answers,, or in words of pc cmdrs ,, stop keep asking, we’re make the test for you,, or the trolling guys ,, I am the forum god and I decide that you are crybaby’s, it’s done when it’s done, meantime I will spend my entire day to crush your thread, nobody can harms me.,, or David response to this ,, …… tumbleweeds crossing the road….,,
ironic off

Last edited:
In Words of Fdev. ,, nothing to share at the moment, please reconsider the statement which made for this,, or in words of CM ,, we have answered it 1000 times, we have no answers,, or in words of pc cmdrs ,, stop keep asking, we’re make the test for you,, or the trolling guys ,, I am the forum god and I decide that you are crybaby’s, it’s done when it’s done, meantime I will spend my entire day to crush your thread, nobody can harms me.,, or David response to this ,, …… tumbleweeds crossing the road….,,
ironic off
I really hope you guys on PC. get put on the payroll as Q.A. ,cause to be brutally honest, you guys are the beta testers

Yes well Frontier disagree.
Obviously.

That's a point where i'm not d'accord with FD as i pointed out many many times. It won't change.

I am really curious how FD will wonder about, if they see diminshing console player login rates... or EDO sales that will not meet the expectations, when many a player left for good... we'll see. I get my popcorn ready. Somehow i don't feel like buying FDev shares :D:coffee:

Obviously.

That's a point where i'm not d'accord with FD as i pointed out many many times. It won't change.
Well to be brutally honest your happiness probably isn't a factor in their decision making.
I am really curious how FD will wonder about, if they see diminshing console player login rates... or EDO sales that will not meet the expectations, when many a player left for good... we'll see. I get my popcorn ready. Somehow i don't feel like buying FDev shares :D:coffee:

Their second Jurassic game is releasing soon it's a great time to buy shares in FDev.

I really hope you guys on PC. get put on the payroll as Q.A. ,cause to be brutally honest, you guys are the beta testers
Same from my side, it’s the great goal to bring elite in line for you, beside of that, many of our cmdrs on pc are switching at the moment between EDO and HRZN. I really hope that update 8 will increase the Performance, because for the moment you are the only from the community who paid for this product.

for us on the consoles, would it mean, running good on your machines there will be some guy who decide to take a look on the consoles.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom