*******Odyssey: Console Release ETA. *******

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You like to remind me, for sure. Very aware.

Aww look it's Dazedreamer! You're here!
I know it stings when I do so, so I won't give you a repeat performance response like those from the previous replies I've had for you. Not until I have something you want to absolutely hear...read o7
Will I have it in time for Xmas 😉 not long left now lol. Still hanging 🤐

7 months seems quite optimistic considering that Frontier aren't developing Odyssey on console at the moment or, as far as we know, in the near future.

The initial plan was 19th May 2021 - Autumn 2021 - that was 4 to 6 months, not counting the estimated 1 month to fix EDO launch (if the launch went really well - which it did not happen)
Now whatever optimizations are done, they will work for consoles too (more or less, but at least a good part will work for the consoles too)

I am going to guess not if work hasn't begun on the console port. We of course don't know what work has or hasn't been done on it after it was delayed indefinitely by David.

Next year at the earliest is my guess.

19th May 2022 anyone?
How do buddy was talking about any news for consoles not just (o) pretty much over Odyssey now, I've well and truly departed that hype train. No point getting excited over something that may not even materialise within the next year. Fdev's only priority is pc clearly, whether it is at the expense of everything else remains to be seen. Just focusing on community news updates yada yada. 😉

The initial plan was 19th May 2021 - Autumn 2021 - that was 4 to 6 months, not counting the estimated 1 month to fix EDO launch (if the launch went really well - which it did not happen)
Now whatever optimizations are done, they will work for consoles too (more or less, but at least a good part will work for the consoles too)

The initial plan was a Dec 2020 launch.

The initial plan was a Dec 2020 launch.

which can only prove that plans can change

And since the planned dates already changed a lot, they are not giving any new dates unless they know for sure those deadlines will actually happen.
So, No News for the moment

But people can keep going Are we there yet 🤷‍♂️

which can only prove that plans can change

And since the planned dates already changed a lot, they are not giving any new dates unless they know for sure those deadlines will actually happen.
So, No News for the moment

But people can keep going Are we there yet 🤷‍♂️

When the delay was announced for all platforms, I don't think anyone thought that almost a year later we'd still be without Odyssey on consoles and with no target date in sight. Not even an estimated financial quarter ...

I think it's easy for CMDRs who have access to a PC to play Odyssey on, to try and minimise or undermine those who are asking for some light at the end of the tunnel. 🤷‍♂️

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
So it can be re-used for memes on twitter of course!
Oh, of course. Silly me.
Really helps with the motivation and productivity (as well as my sarcasm).

It was a community stream for Odyssey (according to the background in that screenshot). I tuned in as a console CMDR and true enough, left feeling side-lined and forgotten.
If you already knew it was focused on Odyssey why did you put yourself through that hardship and tune in if you already knew you'd end up here enticing people to make memes and keep the fire burning how you do?

It literally won't get you what you need personally any faster at all.

For your own comfort at this point, you could maybe find a way to rest up from this marathon that you're on in this thread, because it must be exhausting for you .
I'll keep on pushing to support and champion things within our remit for people who aren't going to drag us with daft pictures or stuff like that.

I think you're setting rather too much store by Frontier estimates, especially given recent events.

I just had a little look at Frontier's pre-Christmas release for 2021, Jurassic World Evolution 2, and found this titbit:

Jurassic World Evolution 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to 2018’s groundbreaking dinosaur park management simulation, and it’s coming 9th of November 2021 in both digital and physical form. That means there’s not long to wait before you’ll create your own Jurassic World on PC, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

So it's not that Frontier can't do simultanous development and release, it's just they can't do it (for whatever reason) for Odyssey.

Oh, of course. Silly me.

If you already knew it was focused on Odyssey why did you put yourself through that hardship and tune in if you already knew you'd end up here enticing people to make memes and keep the fire burning how you do?

For your own comfort at this point, you could maybe find a way to rest up from this marathon that you're on in this thread, because it must be exhausting for you .
I'll keep on pushing to support and champion things within our remit for people who aren't going to drag us with daft pictures or stuff like that.
In @boppa_ 's defence it did say it was the Colonia Bridge Community Goal and community news was mentioned at start. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything but how are we to know a stream is going to be only Odyssey focused if it's not mentioned on the schedule. As said no offence meant but the Odyssey banner is in the back ground and has been there for all streams excluding the unscheduled Xbox one's. Does that mean if we see that banner that we are to assume there is nothing console related so can tune out. Which in turn suggests that there's nothing livestream wise for consoles presently or in the near future bit harsh but if true I suppose it's better to know 😬

Oh, of course. Silly me.

What is your recommendation for console users at this point in regards to playing the game (which has been crashing on me more frequently lately btw) and/or tempering any expectation for Odyssey at the moment?

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
What is your recommendation for console users at this point in regards to playing the game (which has been crashing on me more frequently lately btw) and/or tempering any expectation for Odyssey at the moment?
Aware of the issues with crashes for sure, they've been fed back, full on continuing to push for you all on those kinds of things in line with the current schedule of work. They're not forgotten. Will do my best to update asap.

I'm losing the energy, I'm sorry. If we have any console related news on any streams, on the forum, on social we'll let you know in advance.
I'll still joining the streams console or not as I'm nosey, quite like all the screen shots that look sooooo much better than any of my attempts and like Lego ED ships far more than a 46 year old really should but hey it's all good...no judging :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom