Odyssey delay - how will you bridge the gap?

• Thread starter Deleted member 182079
  • Start date
It is officially delayed, yes - I guess the difference between me and you is that I still actively enjoy and play the game, I don't actually want to abandon it (even temporarily). But at the same time, whenever I do log on I sit on the pad of my carrier, in my G5'd ship of choice (of 30), and ask myself, "Now what?".
You have reached endgame, amassed assets. The thing I found most compelling was playing with a group role-playing a character with a plan to turn worlds into the workers' paradise.

Try to earn some more credits since the mining and delivery mission nerf to pay for tritium!
I would mine for tritium but I know I still wouldn't have enough time to fill my FC even with FD odyssey delays!

Mostly more of the same for me 🤷‍♀️

• continue unlocking markets in each economy
  • continue my support of several squadrons I'm in a diplomatic alliance with
  • continue exploring the nooks and crannies of the Bubble
  • continue looking for more edge-case $$$
  • revisit all of my home bases in the wake of station interiors release, to see which ones have the best view (and always keep looking for new ones)
  • make a trip to Colonia to swap a pin and buy some Federal and Alliance ships 😂 (☹)
  • engineer a few more ships

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
Try to earn some more credits since the mining and delivery mission nerf to pay for tritium!
I would mine for tritium but I know I still wouldn't have enough time to fill my FC even with FD odyssey delays!
See, this doesn't really work for me - credits to me need to have a purpose, to buy something I don't have. Seeing the balance go up and adding further zeros doesn't really fill me with satisfaction.

The FC running cost is almost too small to make a dent in my finances, I have to go and buy FC outfitting options to burn some credits (which technically aren't even gone as I can just uninstall them for a full refund). I have a fully fitted FC, a fleet of 30 ships. There's literally nothing in the game I can buy that I don't already have or want.

I've done pretty much everything I can/want to in Elite, so was looking forward to a whole bunch of new gameplay elements that Odyssey will inject into the game.

I moved my carrier to Colonia to spend time there until Odyssey releases, but that will only keep me busy for so long - it would've done the job for another couple of months but I feel like I should revisit this approach now, since it'll likely be at least another 5-6 months (even longer for consolieros). There's a few options in my mind:
  1. Dip in and out of the game, doing the same old stuff I did until now, but play less overall (currently booting the game up almost daily still but am playing other stuff more these days)
  2. Scorched Earth approach - full account reset (I actually bought a second account for this so unlikely to do this, too much to lose, primarily the lovely Triple Elite decal, and my FC)
  3. Rebuild my fleet from scratch but keep everything else (this is a contender but ultimately a waste of mats, and it won't be long until I'm back to where I'm now)
  4. Jump from CG to CG in the hope these keep me engaged (the last couple I didn't even bother signing up to due to their grindy nature)
  5. Park Elite completely and play something else (unlikely, I still enjoy playing the game, but it does feel a bit stale these days, not too surprising given how many hours I pumped into it)
I guess I'm asking for some inspiration to keep things fresh - so what about you lot?

Join the Small Seismic Charge Foundation, we have an action packed next 6 months of activities to get involved with, from knitting your very own C1 hardpoints, to carving them out of cucumbers.

and if you're a consolieros, double the fun!

See, this doesn't really work for me - credits to me need to have a purpose, to buy something I don't have. Seeing the balance go up and adding further zeros doesn't really fill me with satisfaction.

The FC running cost is almost too small to make a dent in my finances, I have to go and buy FC outfitting options to burn some credits (which technically aren't even gone as I can just uninstall them for a full refund). I have a fully fitted FC, a fleet of 30 ships. There's literally nothing in the game I can buy that I don't already have or want.
Get an alt.

Deleted member 182079

D
Get an alt.
Another one? :D

Already own one, and made that a single ship CMDR, but even there, after the initial 'new game' vibes wearing off, I can't be bothered to play it much because it has the same problem. Other than climbing the grindwall of choice (credits, mats, rank) of course. Which I won't do because this account won't get Odyssey (will only buy it once, for my main account).

I'm also not playing it right now because it was supposed to be used for light touch CG participation in the bubble. So will have to wait until the next suitable one shows up.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a console peasant, im not surprised by the delay but rather disappointed. I was hyped seeing dev vids recently.
But now I really dont care, im sick of waiting and hear excuses.
Im going to avoid hearing anything about this game now leading up until PC release. As it will just sour my already distaste for FD and its lack of time management. Congratulations FD you just made another fan into a foe.

Still not quad Elite yet, less then 1% of the galaxy has been explored.

There's still plenty of game for many of us

I have a fully fitted FC, a fleet of 30 ships. There's literally nothing in the game I can buy that I don't already have or want.

Only one FC? Pah.

I currently have two in the Bubble, and I'm about to send one of them to Colonia to top up my third with tritium.

Deleted member 182079

D
Only one FC? Pah.

I currently have two in the Bubble, and I'm about to send one of them to Colonia to top up my third with tritium.
I try to apply different playstyles between my accounts, so while my main is the FC billionaire type, the alt is the Mostly Harmless non-engineered Cobra Commander/Space Hobo. No point for me to duplicate gameplay between them, plus the alt account will likely be relegated to Tritium slave on the main account's FC once Odyssey hits.

@ObiW - as you are in Colonia (such a lovely place) you could consider searching for elusive WD class systems (my favourite), or Helium giants or undiscovered WR stars...
(EDSM is down currently so I can't find the name of the place I was when finding loads of Helium giants)

Or I could give you the location of a tiny HMC body to circumnavigate, only around 1,000 KM circumferance!

Same as always. Playing other VR games ;)

Drop by here if you fancy some ideas:

Currently I'm favouring the budget Battlefront joys of War Dust:

Source: https://youtu.be/NLcv302oNhU

And the irredeemable P2W (but lovely cloud tech) of War Thunder:

Source: https://youtu.be/9aZJPzo209M

Also pretty taken with this 'bullet hell' arena thing:

Source: https://youtu.be/hbzAKxADo-o

I'd probably give it a go myself if I could look past the Lego aesthetics :)
(Re)watch The Expanse and you'll feel right at home in Space Engineers.

TheExpanse_gallery_ConceptArt_07.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom