Odyssey delay - how will you bridge the gap?

• Thread starter Deleted member 182079
  • Start date

Deleted member 182079

D
Don't play every day, instead wait until you've come up with something outside the game first.
Just fly around collecting mats with no expectations of anything more in your play session.

Realistically it's going to be a mix of both, I play Elite when I feel like it, and I won't if I prefer something else. The point of the OP was more along the lines of "you want to play Elite, but how will you keep yourself busy until Odyssey?", could've possibly worded it better but ho-hum.

In contrast, just for me, any permutation of resetting your account didnt work. Unless you're planning on moving to the new account somewhat permanently (moving to colonia, oob etc) i always found the new or reset accounts fizzle. The credit progression kills it pretty much, and engineering because you know about just becomes a grind.

Yes, this is exactly my experience, and which is why I purchased a second account on Steam when it was on sale. It was initially fun, but at a certain point (usually around the time when you have 3-4 engineers unlocked, and fly a medium ship) I start to feel limited due to the lack of mats, possibly credits, certainly lack of FC, so revert back to my main account. 90% of cosmetics is also tied to that, which is the reason why I will likely leave the alt account behind once Odyssey hits. Not buying it twice that's for sure.

See all the things you havent yet? I still have so much to do. Maybe get cracking on the list? Though this has fizzled for me as well. For me i can't get over the guardian lore not appearing in the codex archive. Really.. you can just read the cannon website as a passive aggressive protest to why they didn't add something so important to the feature.

There's not a lot I have left that I want to see - Planet of Death will be ticked off soon, and lore wise... I kept my alt account in the bubble to go sightseeing (tourist beacons, Generation ships, that sort of stuff), but haven't been able to motivate myself doing so. It's just un-inspring flavour text most of the time ("This waterworld is famous for its water creatures").

However, I think what will work for me is to re-jig my fleet continuously - had a blast last night repurposing my planet-lander Viper 3 into a Core miner, cracked a single core worth 18t and made a nice 20m credits all within 20 minutes. I think for me, things become stale because I get bored flying the same old builds, and I might just want to experiment more with that. At the end of the day, that's what this game is about - flying spaceships.

Find a friend to play with? Though maybe not, is rubber banding npcs really normal?? How does multiplayer even happen?

Already gone into that on a previous page, I don't think the multiplayer experience of Elite is a particularly good one if you want to be serious about it, so will keep it light touch, which works for me.

Play elder scrolls online, horizon zero dawn, red dead redemption 2, get into a fighting game.
There's been a period (during 2019/2020) where I played Elite almost exclusively, but that seems to have come to an end. Still don't think I'll cut it out of my rotation completely, as I still have fun playing it - just not as much as I used to but it still gets the nod over the rest of my library more often than not.

As for fighting games, those tend to agitate me so I'm steering clear - exception being Streets of Rage 4, that's ace.

Best of all, with the ps5 there should be a good generational gap coming in the next 2 years.. all the ps3 era titles in your backlog really should be done sooner than later.
Bought a new desktop (will never buy a 'gaming' laptop ever again, complete waste of money in the long run) which has opened up a new world of hi-def gaming for me. Playing RDR2 at 60fps in 2k resolution, or indeed Elite, is like playing a new game entirely.

I just started another expedition, this time with my brother on board. Gonna jump my carrier ~14k lightyears to a Nebula I "discovered" while browsing the galaxy map. I'm aware the place, in all due likelihood, has already been "strip-searched" years ago, but it still might be a nice spot for some exploration anyway. 30 jumps one way, so we'll see when we're coming back to the bubble.

Top Bottom