Odyssey delay - how will you bridge the gap?

• Thread starter Deleted member 182079
  • Start date

Deleted member 182079

D
I've done pretty much everything I can/want to in Elite, so was looking forward to a whole bunch of new gameplay elements that Odyssey will inject into the game.

I moved my carrier to Colonia to spend time there until Odyssey releases, but that will only keep me busy for so long - it would've done the job for another couple of months but I feel like I should revisit this approach now, since it'll likely be at least another 5-6 months (even longer for consolieros). There's a few options in my mind:
  1. Dip in and out of the game, doing the same old stuff I did until now, but play less overall (currently booting the game up almost daily still but am playing other stuff more these days)
  2. Scorched Earth approach - full account reset (I actually bought a second account for this so unlikely to do this, too much to lose, primarily the lovely Triple Elite decal, and my FC)
  3. Rebuild my fleet from scratch but keep everything else (this is a contender but ultimately a waste of mats, and it won't be long until I'm back to where I'm now)
  4. Jump from CG to CG in the hope these keep me engaged (the last couple I didn't even bother signing up to due to their grindy nature)
  5. Park Elite completely and play something else (unlikely, I still enjoy playing the game, but it does feel a bit stale these days, not too surprising given how many hours I pumped into it)
I guess I'm asking for some inspiration to keep things fresh - so what about you lot?

Deleted member 182079

D
I wondered how long it would take until someone picked up on it;)

Still my most favourite CG/II fwiw

For me, personally it's option 5.

I'll have a look at the alpha gameplay and feedback once that goes live but I'm going to take another break until the Odyssey release. It means I will come back fresh and looking forward to playing again rather than dragging myself through the next six months, getting worked up over bugs and broken stuff.

But that is just me.

I didn't get it until I figured that ODY is probably officially delayed and you're asking what we do for the time of delay? I play other games. No point chasing lootocalypse. The only way me returning to ED is when ODY offers gameplay and not just another grind loop.

Deleted member 182079

D
Roleplay?
I'm not a natural RP'er and being Admiral King kind of ruins that prospect a little - supporting the Blue/Purple/Orange LHS XYZ Gang or some other cardboard cutout faction doesn't tickle me too much either. BGS work is too dull for me unfortunately (and as a loner CMDR not feasible outside backwater systems, I've tried).

Odyssey delay - how will you bridge the gap?

Are you suggesting they reintroduce Interstellar Initiatives?
Guess, you're not - maybe i read too much into it.

Well, i dont look forward to Odyssey as the savior of ED gameplay, just a mere addition that will not improve my experience of flying ships in Elite Universe.
So, not really fussed about the delay.

Anyway - gonna be following the story, doing some science, finding more salvage, triple-E-ing my n00b-zone CMDR, but first ... building yet-another Hyford assault ship (cobra this time) for some Colonia Unstable Core acquisition :D

Deleted member 182079

D
I didn't get it until I figured that ODY is probably officially delayed and you're asking what we do for the time of delay? I play other games. No point chasing lootocalypse. The only way me returning to ED is when ODY offers gameplay and not just another grind loop.
It is officially delayed, yes - I guess the difference between me and you is that I still actively enjoy and play the game, I don't actually want to abandon it (even temporarily). But at the same time, whenever I do log on I sit on the pad of my carrier, in my G5'd ship of choice (of 30), and ask myself, "Now what?". As much as I simply enjoy flying spaceships in this game, a purpose of sorts does help.

Deleted member 182079

D
Are you suggesting they reintroduce Interstellar Initiatives?
Guess, you're not - maybe i read too much into it.

Well, i dont look forward to Odyssey as the savior of ED gameplay, just a mere addition that will not improve my experience of flying ships in Elite Universe.
So, not really fussed about the delay.
Nope, not suggesting that. It was just a play with words, Elite nerd style.

Top Bottom