Odyssey delay - how will you bridge the gap?

• Thread starter Deleted member 182079
  • Start date
Got to admit, even that is getting stale. Threads have been on a merry-go-round for a while now.
Oh, just wait until the 8A thrusters are added. That thing will spin...………..
Exploring:D
Yeah, that'll probably be me. This is the time of year I normally take a "vacation" from Power Play and go into the black to get lost somewhere. Last time it was the Formadine Rift. Might do it again since there's a lot of unexplored "first discovery" possibilities there. Might take a few months. After all, I'd wait for the first major patch to come out before getting Odyssey anyway.

For me, personally it's option 5.

I'll have a look at the alpha gameplay and feedback once that goes live but I'm going to take another break until the Odyssey release. It means I will come back fresh and looking forward to playing again rather than dragging myself through the next six months, getting worked up over bugs and broken stuff.

But that is just me.
If you want to get worked up over broken things have a go at SC, that's what I'm doing.

PC has nearly been trashed or bludgeoned into oblivion twice :)
Pug

Such as? Genuinely interested.
My todo list? Well aside from the pile in the OP of that Colonia thread (including waypoints for the journey back) here's a few others

• drive between some of the close planetary bases mentioned here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/neighbouring-surface-ports.562249/
  • visit the places highlighted in Buur's "Must see places between 100 and 500lys from Sol"
  • get back to Turning The Wheel
  • do a spot more core mining now PWA is fixed
  • do another attempt at the IronBucky challenge now I'm better at Wasat
  • get back into Fuel Ratting again and break 100 rescues

Deleted member 182079

D
My todo list? Well aside from the pile in the OP of that Colonia thread (including waypoints for the journey back) here's a few others

• drive between some of the close planetary bases mentioned here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/neighbouring-surface-ports.562249/
  • visit the places highlighted in Buur's "Must see places between 100 and 500lys from Sol"
  • get back to Turning The Wheel
  • do a spot more core mining now PWA is fixed
  • do another attempt at the IronBucky challenge now I'm better at Wasat
  • get back into Fuel Ratting again and break 100 rescues
Hmm, I might check out Buur's list.

3 things come to mind that could keep you occupied while awaiting odyssey.
First you could try Thargoid hunting especially now the credit rewards have vastly improved and CZ's are now back (for the time being). I make about 75million a day at present through killing Thargoids.
Secondly you could set yourself an exploration target to achieve. I would normally go into the void with a specific target in mind whether it be to find 50 Earth-Likes or 10 Wolf-Reyet Stars that kind of thing. Or get your name on a Ringed Earth-Like.
Thirdly you could always go crazy and go look for RAXXLA or the Dark Wheel station. I did for a while and enjoyed it.

Fly safe CMDR Q!!!!

Last edited:
Well, Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing and runs well enough on my system that I may never bother to come back to Elite. But hey, have fun waiting anyway. I'm sure it won't be a letdown in any way, shape, or form...

Kenshi and Dayz are also incredible timesinks.

Well, Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing and runs well enough on my system that I may never bother to come back to Elite.

That's some serious purchase validation you have going there. Let us know how interesting the game is once you've finished the story.

Last edited:
Kenshi and Dayz are also incredible timesinks.

That's some serious purchase validation you have going there. Let us know how interesting the game is once you've finished the story.

If that makes you feel better. I've done my time in Elite - 1400 hours since 2.3 - and this is as close to a 'quit' thread as I'll bother with. Time to move on.

Get better at flying my ship via organized PvP.

Although my ego gets bludgeoned at least once a week, I have improved. No, I will never be top tier, but I am learning what it takes.

I am going to guess that compared to PvEers, a lot of PvPers are not that interested in Odyssey. PvPers are into the really fantastic flight model. Like myself, some are primarily interested in skill rather than role play perhaps. And there are already great FPS games out there.

For me, getting better at fa off flying is like learning and mastering a musical instrument. There is always room for improvement.

Im going farm all the material types just in case they are needed for odyssey. I also want to build up my funds as if odysseys has no high ticket items i think i'll buy an FC for bulk mining/trading

If i do buy a FC then i'll rebuild all my ships around the FC

For me not much will change. I wasn't planning to get ED:O in the first place so no difference if it is delayed or not. To be very honest the more I see/read about ED:O the less I want it... I will probably get it at some point but will all that fluff around combat, nah, not my type of the game...

@ObiW

Lots of good suggestions already so something that hasn't been mentioned.

There's a Buckyball running now, if a random in-game challenge tickles an interest. I'll be putting an entry in at some point, to have some fun, see if I can avoid being interdicted and fly a sidewinder for the first time in ages. See here:

Or pick one of the standing time trials, doesn't have to be for time, just for doing something different and seeing new places:

Do you like the srv?
If so taking part in these is a hoot regardless of skill level:

or come join me for a bit on Pomeche, I'll be there for a while and I can promise 'interesting' terrain

Hope you find what you're looking for
o7

Edit: lastly, as an introvert who can be a bit anti-social I've been really enjoying the community around the Buckyballers and Elite Racers. Any in game interests that have a group associated? Even if it's just joining the Buur Pit or similar

Last edited:
I wont be purchasing odyssey, so I wont be missing anything. I have other games for fps running and gunning. Ive never had a want for space legs or anything like that. I'm lazy.

Top Bottom