Odyssey First Person Perspectives

I have been re-watching the few videos out about the upcoming expansion and there is a concern I have regarding first person.

I noticed in the videos the scan tool stuck right up in the view of the player, obstructing their natural vision, when walking forward like almost all first person shooter games.

I am writing this, probably in a vane hope, that the devs will at least give an option to remove this behaviour. It is massively unrealistic and I feel would be a terrible thing for Elite Dangerous.

It would be far better for ED to have the weapon, tool, or hands visible on screen ONLY when they would in reality be there in your natural vision. Ie. when aiming the weapon. when using the tool, or when manipulating an object. This is more natural and realistic and would preserve the beauty of the visual space when in fist person mode!

It’d be nice if they made like the Fallout games and let you “holster” gear when you aren’t using it.

I used a Fallout 4 mod that lowered your drawn weapon to a ‘relaxed’ stance when not aiming/firing, which would also be acceptable. Can’t imagine how much my puny arms will be hurting if I have to mooch about on my space-legs with weapons and scanners raised at all times.

I used a Fallout 4 mod that lowered your drawn weapon to a ‘relaxed’ stance when not aiming/firing, which would also be acceptable. Can’t imagine how much my puny arms will be hurting if I have to mooch about on my space-legs with weapons and scanners raised at all times.

Its going to G5 our forearms, if nothing else.

Top Bottom