Odyssey Ground combat suggestions

What are some of the features you feel should be included in the Odyssey expansion? Personally I would love to see some military Sim type combat scenarios involving NPCs involving real strategy with ground and aerial combat like Arma rather than something which is a little too arcady like planetside. Also damage and damage effects should be realistic. Bullet Sponge damage is going to be a huge turn off for me. I'm hoping large scale skirmishes will be possible, but I don't know how that will work with instancing still problematic.

What are some of the features you feel should be included in the Odyssey expansion? Personally I would love to see some military Sim type combat scenarios involving NPCs involving real strategy with ground and aerial combat like Arma rather than something which is a little too arcady like planetside. Also damage and damage effects should be realistic. Bullet Sponge damage is going to be a huge turn off for me. I'm hoping large scale skirmishes will be possible, but I don't know how that will work with instancing still problematic.
I'm afraid you're going to invite 'tHiS iSn'T cAlL oF dOoDy' comments

Elite is a Sim after all, ground combat should therefore be more realistic than call of doody. Otherwise it will just be an odd divergence from space to ground combat.
Like I said, the naysayers automatically will conclude that it is emphatically, without a doubt, morphing into CoD or Apex or Fortnite, whatever. The same people constantly complain about his game regardless. Take it for what it isn't worth

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Better yet, kidnap gankers and shoot their pods into the sun. Then strip their ship for engineerring materials.
If it could be done to gankers it could also be used by gankers.

.... and the decision that meant that players are not loot piñatas was made long ago (as players can collude for any rewards uncontested).

System security response time should be immediate and sufficient enough to ensure escape for victims. Anywhere else though it's a risk you should be willing to take.

Top Bottom