Odyssey trailer - thoughts?

So got a TL: DL for this link - I'm not inclined to listen to over 2 hours of inane chatter (which I'm sure others enjoy immensely - but I found I was 'zoning out after the first 3 minutes) to get to the 'assessment'.
Or is it just a "They thought it was a very early build too and were less than spellbound?"

Given how closely you've been on this thread nothing new. If anything its good to hear other people being honest as well. On the forums you get in trouble for it and have to defend yourself for the exact same ideas. They're a neat bunch though, theres one white knight, one skeptic, one realist, and this other guy. Excellent balance if that's how you set your eq.

Given how closely you've been on this thread nothing new. If anything its good to hear other people being honest as well. On the forums you get in trouble for it and have to defend yourself for the exact same thing.
Thats great, thanks... I would have liked to hear a 'different' take on things but we only appear to have optimists, like me, who see potential - and pessimists who see exactly what is shown and believe it can be no better.

Both points of view equally valid, of course, and makes fabulous discussion material in the absense of actual DLC on our PCs.

Thats great, thanks... I would have liked to hear a 'different' take on things but we only appear to have optimists, like me, who see potential - and pessimists who see exactly what is shown and believe it can be no better.

Both points of view equally valid, of course, and makes fabulous discussion material in the absense of actual DLC on our PCs.

Absolutely. Well i've always thought all feedback before release is valuable to frontier. Its free market research from people who care enough to spend a decent amount of time typing for the game. Reading text from all viewpoints everyone has credibility here. You have to assume that at some level frontier are professionals, they're not princesses bearing their sensitive hides and will faint at the smallest suggestion of imperfection. In the end, the better the result everyone wins.

.... well.. they're not exactly being princesses they just aren't given development to finish the features.

EDIT: Well we'll just be trolling or hoping if we speculate on more than we've seen. We have to wait.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Well i've always thought all feedback before release is valuable to frontier. Its free market research from people who care enough to spend a decent amount of time typing for the game. Reading text from all viewpoints everyone has credibility here. You have to assume that at some level frontier are professionals, they're not princesses bearing their sensitive hides and will faint at the smallest suggestion of imperfection. In the end, the better the result everyone wins.

.... well.. they're not exactly being princesses they just aren't given development to finish the features.

EDIT: Well we'll just be trolling or hoping if we speculate on more than we've seen. We have to wait.
Exchanging opposite views is healthy discussion, you and me must be bursting with health and vitality by now! :devilish:

I'll even offer thanks to you for making the discussions lively - it has been great to 'argue the toss' - I don't suppose you're up for another 19 days worth..? ;)

Exchanging opposite views is healthy discussion, you and me must be bursting with health and vitality by now! :devilish:

I'll even offer thanks to you for making the discussions lively - it has been great to 'argue the toss' - I don't suppose you're up for another 19 days worth..? ;)

Haha cheers to you too. Yeah, i also admit without an opposing view conversations become very short. And as much as white knights probably dislike me, always said they play a beneficial role in the ecosystem, dealing with real trolls and lost star citizen people that wonder by etc. One of you guys has even started to make regular positivity threads instead of just being derogatory to the poster at the smallest mention of criticism, which i very much respect.

Yeah i look forward to many more exchanges with you RC as odysee arrives.

I hope frontier are going to handle it differently this time though. The cm's are different, so there's a start.

I don't know about 19 days. It can only be better though. Crappy and combat is literally the worst info possible. On average well be able to forgive / ignore a bit more for any other feature im sure. "I don't like the panelling color... but its still a space station who cares!"

Deleted member 182079

D
those missions worked really well if you were part of a group initially solving them (and they both needed groups, but hey - this is an MMO). They were weeks of fun co-operative gameplay. Things that are added to move the game-world along are always going to be less impressive solo or after the fact, but I do like they they put stuff in game rather than just announce on Galnet 'stuff happened off camera, here are some Guardian modules etc'.

One of the problems with these missions now being documented is that it is now more a case of 'join the dots'. Having said that, now that the obelisks (mostly) display the glyphs required you could do either without a guide other than a 'where are the suitable sites'.
Yeah, I understand that - just not my cup of tea personally though (in games I'm not usually a team player, and I find the puzzles often too abstract for my mental capacities - I get why they have to be but I usually just end up following the herd once it's all worked out), and even with the glyph displays (which I only noticed last time I tried, second half of last year iirc) for me it's too much of a grind to try all the various combinations; too repetitive and with the awkward cargo UI and the 2t limit of the SRV (I still have mild hopes about additional SRV types, though probably setting myself up for disappointment here) made this a lot more unpleasant of a gaming experience than it had to be.

I don't mind though if they keep these types of challenges in the game, the sandbox is big enough for all sorts.

Deleted member 182079

D
I don't know about 19 days. It can only be better though. Crappy and combat is literally the worst info possible. On average well be able to forgive / ignore a bit more for any other feature im sure. "I don't like the panelling color... but its still a space station who cares!"
Having listened to last night's stream I feel a bit more at ease now with regards to my concerns about the gameplay video shared. I have no reason to believe the CM's/Frontier are lying or hiding anything from us because they'd just end up with egg on their face in 19 days when people can experience the product for real.

How big the gap will be between the build they used for the video and the actual Alpha remains to be seen but until then and unless FDev share more recent footage in the meantime, I'll reserve judgement until the Alpha hits.

Yeah, animations aren't perfect and they should fix it, but remember, it's still pre-alpha. I hope they'll fix it.
I would like to see ship's interiors in the same way like it is in Star Citizen. Why? Because it would make game more immersive, more interesting, more exciting, at least for me. Ahh, and of course much more natural. Probably we won't be able to see interiors at the beginning, but maybe in the future? I hope so.

Yeah, animations aren't perfect and they should fix it, but remember, it's still pre-alpha. I hope they'll fix it.
I would like to see ship's interiors in the same way like it is in Star Citizen. Why? Because it would make game more immersive, more interesting, more exciting, at least for me. Ahh, and of course much more natural. Probably we won't be able to see interiors at the beginning, but maybe in the future? I hope so.

There's little chance interiors aren't coming to the game.

Top Bottom