ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

1610558815550.png

And do all that grinding a second time around? No thanks :D
It isn't that bad second, or 3rd or 4th, time around as against the first, as the player already has 'unlocked' most / all and knows the most efficient approach.
I have 2 accounts that have been reset (one is still in the starter area after being reset in December, waiting for someone to join me) and was able to approach engineering and rank in a much less haphazard way in the replays.

If it was my choice I probably decide to delay the whole lot until next Christmas and really work on upping the quality of the update an add some additional features like walking around our ships. PS5 specific features, all us ps5 owners know what we want added. An may be weather. An a few more secrets for us all to find. An comets, if they aren't already in!
All i can say is....' Good job it ain't your Choice'...Let me weigh this up..... Play Odyssey in May(ish) or December. Thats a tuff one, Hmmmm Let me think???

Thanks for the update. Hard to take and I'm completely gutted but I also understand. How about a few new ships and a couple of little events like the Adamastor to tide us over while we wait, some more patiently than others

It isn't that bad second, or 3rd or 4th, time around as against the first, as the player already has 'unlocked' most / all and knows the most efficient approach.
I have 2 accounts that have been reset (one is still in the starter area after being reset in December, waiting for someone to join me) and was able to approach engineering and rank in a much less haphazard way in the replays.
Thing is, I still have PTSD from the Imp rank grind :ROFLMAO: I've heard it's less harsh now, but I am not ready to willingly try it on myself yet. I'd rather play on my Epic free commander instead. Btw. I wonder who from PC commanders didn't get the free Epic engineer material storage locker oh wait a second copy of the game. The few Epic haters notwithstanding.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Delays are understandable, however I feel the pre-orders should not have started yet. The pre-order should not have been announced until consumers could be told what the release date was.

Just for added info, pre orders can be probably refunded no questions asked at any point before release. Like most other regular pre orders.

Alpha is early spring now, interesting. More interesting to me is the phased consoles release, I'm glad that the entire release isn't being delayed because of consoles, which I'm sure will be to the anger of some. It's hard not to look at the console 'delay' without thinking of Cyberpunk and it's own problematic release on consoles, so I think in the end everyone will benefit from the extra development time. Phased approach to features in the alpha is... interesting to say the least, and a little surprising, because I honestly thought we'd be playing the alpha in February.

Thanks for the update.
Would like to see the pc players reactions if they were delayed till sep. And the consoles we due out in spring ✌️🤣 it’s player discrimination 1/2 the player base is console based. They broke my heart by skipping us again. Great for the PC boys do they can easily get all the close discoveries just like the beginning great Fdev. It’s just badly managed time or else it would be all finished at the same time right 🤣✌️It’s already delayed everything is so why release 3 months early on 1/3 of you’re platform loyal customers I’m just as much one as a pc player no?

Whelp the delay was expected. "ALPHA – EARLY SPRING 2021" probably April.

Why not take the time to polish up the game by pushing back pc release on par with consoles ? The first few weeks are going to be mess anyway due to all the bugs.
You don't want another petition.

They should have enough time during the alpha period to polish the PC version.

As a console player on XBox this is very disappointing and worrying news. I have a feeling now that I can't shake in that ED Odyssey might NOT ever get released on console. Why the split on platforms, doesn't make sense. It also doesn't help that there has been no gameplay shown on consoles either, no showing of the new planetary tech on XBox one or PS4, nothing. If this turns out to be the case then I hope FDev have the decency to let us console players know sooner rather than later and not string us console players along on empty promises of such a great DLC that we console players might never get. I hope I'm wrong but I shall wait and see.:oops:

You're worrying too much. Frontier likes money which means making the game available to as many platforms as possible, including the base XB1/PS4 which the majority of console players will be playing on, even in Autumn. Not everyone can afford a PS5 or Series X, or not even the Series S with its £250 entry point.

And why would Frontier (or any other game developer) show a future DLC in Alpha state on consoles? The best looking version of the game will always be on PC. Frontier only get one chance to make an first impression to investors, the gaming media and to Commanders. PC is the best hardware to do that.

Top Bottom