ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

Well it works great on Xbox one x - 4k setting with performance mode set.... ps4 pro works great too I’ve heard here

Not sure why those consoles have to wait until autumn , makes no sense.
my empty hermit life style times a lockdown was greatly looking forward to early spring , it’s I cool I can wait but as I say , it doesn’t make sense why the later consoles have to wait..... cyber spunk worked good on the Xbox one x as well , but regardless of bugs , it’s a bad game , bug or no bug it’s crap it made out it was something it never was , ie good
I'm not religious but i PRAY, Another space game comes out and we can leave ED in Achenar lol. Who knows, Maybe " The Expanse " will be made into a game. YA BELTER :p But we loners can dream.I'm on ps4 pro. works ok but the games got more bugs than Oxford has students

Not sure why those consoles have to wait until autumn , makes no sense.

It makes a lot of sense when you realise that building against multiple console platforms and PC all at the same time is a lot more work than just building against PC. You have to conclude that they have simply bitten off more than they can chew in the current climate.

fair enough comment , but we are a year into it now , it’s not like it’s the start of last year , we know we’re we at a lot more with vaccines on their way and so on , yes not out of the woods yet but can’t keep using that as an excuse now regarding current climate, if it were this time last year I’d agree

i can understand more time being needed for the standard consoles though , I guess that’s my point.

Last edited:
It makes a lot of sense when you realize that building against multiple console platforms and PC all at the same time is a lot more work than just building against PC.

I would have thought it would be the other way around since consoles have a hard-set hardware profile while PC run a gamut of various spec hardware.

Xbox uses a modified Win 10 kernel too I think.

Now FD can use this time and per-empt problems- engage with us a little and gain feedback on systems via the AMA but in reverse. Got a 'what would they like?' question- ask us and we give feedback and suggestions. Will save red faces later on and save time fixing them.
They might be better advised to ask via email than in the forums, that way they would at least reach all the players not just this little subset. But otherwise I agree.

Indeed, Frontier are clearly no longer the plucky little independant company trying to make good. It makes it all the more puzzling why they asked for £s in a KickStarter, effectively charitable donations, when they clearly didn't need them.

Apparently, If I remember rightly. The v1.0 version of Elite was already under production, in a prototype form, before the kickstarter. They already had the funds in place to develop the game. The kickstarter campaign was there to gauge if there was a demand for E:D (especially since Chris Robert announced a 'spiritual sequel' to Wing Commander) and the extra money raised was put towards developing Horizons. I think v1.0 eventually cost £8 million.

Putting the tin foil hat on, I think we were going to get an Elite:Dangerous anyway but it would have been different without the community engagement that came with the Kickstarter.

BTW, there already was a spiritual successor to wing commander, it was Star Lancer, which was followed up with a Semi-Online trading game called Freelancer. 🤔 Where have I heard that before????

It's no wonder we're in the :poop: in the 🇬🇧 what with our great leader 'Boris The Sensible'... tho it could be worse when looking 'elsewhere™🇺🇲'

Snipped a well intentioned but off topic discussion about logical fallacy arising from poorly understood statistical comparisons of demographics

Last edited:
So some say Consoles are Relics lol, I do believe that PC was long before any Console hit the shops. Now that's said, Are we all supposed to be somewhat worse players if not on PC? Seems indeed the favourite offcourse but remember THIS.. Consoles DON'T need mods to WIN. FDEV need some training for sure as clearly they are biting off more than they can chew and no matter the excuses. THEY SUCK.. But hay, Why does'nt Frontier hire people who can do there jobs. Not like they can't afford it. they even got a nice glass building to sell. SEEN THEY MASTERED WORKING FROM HOME. WAAAAAAA
Excuse me, I'm new here.
Where is the dislike button?

fair enough comment , but we are a year into it now , it’s not like it’s the start of last year , we know we’re we at a lot more with vaccines on their way and so on , yes not out of the woods yet but can’t keep using that as an excuse now regarding current climate, if it were this time last year I’d agree

i can understand more time being needed for the standard consoles though , I guess that’s my point.
Vaccines are on the way, I am just under 65 so will probably get mine around May, I suspect the console version of Odyssey will be launching around the time most of Fdevs staff are eligible.
Things are going to settle down but I really doubt they are going to go back to how they were 2 years ago

In another KickStarter I backed the company went bankrupt. KickStarter backers were not listed as creditors.
Isn't that part of the Kickstarter TOS?

PS
Even if you would be a creditor you probably wouldn't get anything.
The company is bankrupt. They don't have money...

Last edited:
Its a meme
elite0.png

Frontier, you have just killed your consol community and by the time you launch the game there will be already a lot more advanced games on the new generation consoles so, probably no one will play odyssay. Better dump the consloles from now not to disapoint us again in the autunmn.

What do you mean, "other way round"? PC is the primary development platform.

I understand that, I meant that I thought it would be easier to develop for consoles.

I imagine that it would be quite a challenge developing software to run well on systems with a ton of different hardware variables.

Top Bottom