ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

PC release – late spring 2021
Console release – autumn 2021

Are you going to reset footfall naming when the console versions release?
(or delay naming as a feature until console releases)

Just wondering about platform parity, and allowing everyone to have fair crack at naming stuff first.

Are you going to reset footfall naming when the console versions release?
(or delay naming as a feature until console releases)

Just wondering about platform parity, and allowing everyone to have fair crack at naming stuff first.
They opened a Q&A thread on First Footfall, roughly anywhere with a permanent population above zero will have First Footfall already recorded the rest is up for grabs as soon as the PC game goes live on the main servers.

Interesting question: With Odyssey other Commanders are now physically in your ship with multicrew. What happens if they log out? Are they still sitting in my ship like in other mmos where there bodys just laying around sleeping? Right now if we log out we are at the last location we where, even on a planet or in space. But in our ships. With odyssey we don't need our ships anymore, does that mean if someone is logging out while in my ship he will stay there until he comes back or is he just respawning on the last space station or his ship which could be anywhere in space. For example, if we want to explore with another player in multicrew and we are near sag A, then we log out and later back in the game he is lightyears away back in his last location?
With Odyssey we should be able to fly together with friends who are more into walking around than flying a ship, but how does this work when he or she is part of my crew?

I would expect that it should work in the same way as an FC, if your docked in an FC when it jumps you go with it, this way they already have the mechanism in game for odyssey. I guess the player would be off deck sleeping somewhere when not logged in.

Guys you are doing well, Horizons is so good that I would say dont be hard on yourselves about needing more time and relax the pressure on yourselves -- Take the time out to relax and have a cup of Java.....

Spring starts late March and goes through late June. May is really pushing what I would call "early" spring so I'd expect that if they're still on time, we will see the alpha in April. So, April 30 it is 😁

Spring starts late March and goes through late June. May is really pushing what I would call "early" spring so I'd expect that if they're still on time, we will see the alpha in April. So, April 30 it is 😁
They are indeed interested in avoiding the period of sun and blue sky for the release. :)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

They are indeed interested in avoiding the period of sun and blue sky for the release. :)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
Unless things change radically, the alleged 'blue skies and warm temperature' season will still be locked down by all of the sensible countries... That is why so many of my fellow British citizens are busy booking their foriegn holidays for this year ;)

(and on a really positive note: I get my first COVID jab on Monday 🥳)

The press release fdev put out for investors said EDO would be out by 31st May, because that's their financial year end, so yeah the alpha should be (I guess) late March sometime or April?

Not a lot of time for a new dev diary, must be coming very soon .... * drums fingers impatiently, looks in Arthur's direction *

That would be perfect (end of march)

i can say, after a 2 year break i startet again in november, and i feel ready now!

i engineered, unlocked tech brokers, updated ship configs, joined a squadron, player in open, earned some cash, applied the ship kits.

end of march (on my birthday) i will gift me a new graphics card. soooo. i would agree to beta release then

Spring starts on St Davids day / 1st March! The end of May is the end of Spring.

Spring starts on St Davids day / 1st March! The end of May is the end of Spring.

Depends how you define "Spring", if by temperature and climate, is it same in Nordic countries as in UK?

Well let´s just hope alpha- / beta-phases will be long enough, so may just as well go with the UK (or southern) calendar spring.

Pretty sure we kickstarter hardened veteran testers will not be put off by the few early bugs, even if month too early.

Unless things change radically, the alleged 'blue skies and warm temperature' season will still be locked down by all of the sensible countries... That is why so many of my fellow British citizens are busy booking their foriegn holidays for this year ;)

(and on a really positive note: I get my first COVID jab on Monday 🥳)
I believe the British like Spain for the holidays.

A country at risk, however, for the Covid. :)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Like others I would prefer a polished release rather than a rushed buggy mess. Will fdev be extending both the alpha sales period as well as the alpha testing phase to be inline with the alpha launch

I'm wondering if, as a console player, I will see the planetary tech and lighting improvements once Odyssey is released on pc and will I see players/npc's walking around settlements from my SRV, even though I can't join them.

Top Bottom