Odyssey Update 7 has broken my limpets.

Limpets can't track items unless I select the dropped item before launching the limpet and then the limpet can't pick them up. Can't even manually scoop items.
I've logged the issue, the first I've had in quite some time.

They will also all crash into a asteroid repeatedly until you fly away even though their is other mats all around they will just mass die over and over..

I mean sure limpets would die stupidly before but you can now basically empty your cargo hold and they will keep dieing.

that was not happening before.

The problem seems, that material fragments spawning from asteroids during mining do not move out of the asteroids. (Mineable mineral fragments do.)
They are just staying at their spawn location, causing the limpets to crash into the asteroid/object that spawned them.

Last edited:
Not related to Update 7. This happens and happened for multiple reasons.

Did you encounter this with core or laser mining?

Not related to Update 7. This happens and happened for multiple reasons.

Did you encounter this with core or laser mining?
For me it happens during laser mining for engineering materials.
When I point the laser at the asteroid the mineral and material chunks keep spawning until the asteroid is depleted.
You can see the mineral fragments and only the mineral fragments moving away from their spawn location at the asteroid's surface.
All the while the the engineering material chunks stay at their spawn location, cliping in and out of the rotating asteroid, causing the collection limpets to collide with the asteroid.

Excuse my prosaic writing style, but have to make sure that everybody understands the difference between how this bug affects materials and not minerals.

The problem seems, that material fragments spawning from asteroids during mining do not move out of the asteroids. (Mineable mineral fragments do.)
They are just staying at their spawn location, causing the limpets to crash into the asteroid/object that spawned them.
Can confirm your analysis, that is exactly the problem. Dam annoying.

For me it happens during laser mining for engineering materials.
When I point the laser at the asteroid the mineral and material chunks keep spawning until the asteroid is depleted.
You can see the mineral fragments and only the mineral fragments moving away from their spawn location at the asteroid's surface.
All the while the the engineering material chunks stay at their spawn location, cliping in and out of the rotating asteroid, causing the collection limpets to collide with the asteroid.

Excuse my prosaic writing style, but have to make sure that everybody understands the difference between how this bug affects materials and not minerals.

I think you explained fine. I have not mined for a while so I can not confirm this (new) behaviour.. I hope someone else can confirm.

Bit of a necro, but coincidentally I mined yesterday and had the exact behaviour as described by @Spacelumbus

Top Bottom