Odyssey Update - Weapon Engineering Recipe Fixes

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

An update containing two bug fixes will go live shortly after the time of this post:

• Corrections to erroneous numbers in weapon engineering recipes
  • Removal of ingredients which are not required in certain recipes
These issues affected the accuracy, headshot damage and weapon range modifications of various weapons.

If you encounter any further issues, don't hesitate to leave us your feedback. No downtime or disruption to gameplay will be necessary.

O7

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Could the mat requirements on all EDO engineering recipes be reduced to alleviate grind? Perhaps by 50% or more?

This may be a post with a fire hazard attached! :D

We expect that starting by listing the ingredients correctly, we'll see a lot fewer concerns about the amount of mats required. If there needs to be further balancing, we're open to feedback!

Greetings Commanders,

An update containing two bug fixes will go live shortly after the time of this post:

These issues affected the accuracy, headshot damage and weapon range modifications of various weapons.

If you encounter any further issues, don't hesitate to leave us your feedback. No downtime or disruption to gameplay will be necessary.

O7
Thanks for the info, Bruce. (y)

Greetings Commanders,

O7
Please can you post the specifics of these balancing changes? Thanks :D

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Please can you post the specifics of these balancing changes? Thanks :D

Hey Stuart, we're not offering to specify each instance of a number change or word change this time because it affects various modifications of various weapons across all manufacturers. Suffice to say the requirement listings post-change should be accurate.

All I wanna know is if Inara has updated already.

EDIT:

Doesn;t look like it, my crafting list still has the same number of stuphz needed for Karma AR-50 headshot damage.

Well, not good for me and the ones that already wasted materials, but my alts and the rest of the commanders that are late to the party will certainly enjoy this
I don't mind really. Most important thing right now is improving experience going forward.

We expect that starting by listing the ingredients correctly, we'll see a lot fewer concerns about the amount of mats required. If there needs to be further balancing, we're open to feedback!
Hey Stuart, we're not offering to specify each instance of a number change or word change this time because it affects various modifications of various weapons across all manufacturers.
We'll have to wait and see, but:
These issues affected the accuracy, headshot damage and weapon range modifications
I'm assuming these were the only 3 types of mods changed (granted, across different weapon types which require different recipes).

Please, do keep discussions on this area open. Material requirements is excessive right now across the board, not only for engineering mods, but also for upgrading gear. One of the reasons: we can't remove/replace modifications.

So, in order to try something new, we need to upgrade a whole new suit, and then apply new engineering to it. Although we do get a glimpse by only applying one effect to a G2 suit/weapon, having it fully upgraded and engineered with the mods and how they interact/work together is required to fully evaluate the combo.

Thanks Bruce!

Please, do keep discussions on this area open. Material requirements is excessive right now across the board, not only for engineering mods, but also for upgrading gear. One of the reasons: we can't remove/replace modifications.

So, in order to try something new, we need to upgrade a whole new suit, and then apply new engineering to it. Although we do get a glimpse by only applying one effect to a G2 suit/weapon, having it fully upgraded and engineered with the mods and how they interact/work together is required to fully evaluate the combo.

Thanks Bruce!
Seconding this. I'm trying to imagine a semi-casual player managing to accumulate enough power regulators or manufacturing instructions to upgrade even a single suit!

Top Bottom