Odyssey Update - Weapon Engineering Recipe Fixes

Cooking.jpg

its blueprints

Good evening, can I clarify what it means:
  • Removal of ingredients which are not required in certain recipes
Does this mean that these ingredients (for example, purchase data) will be completely removed from the game or will the unnecessary materials simply be removed in some improvements?

What I would really like to see is a way to check recipes when I'm away from engineers and collecting material and compare what I need with what I have. And while they're fixing things, I would like to have the materials deducted from my inventory and not just server side.

Taking a note here: only positive answers so far. Like in the old days (mostly). Encouraging! 🍻

All this negativity stance toxicity has to turn around, and the sooner the better. It helps nobody, and in large parts, it's unjustified too. Let's face it.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Well, not good for me and the ones that already wasted materials, but my alts and the rest of the commanders that are late to the party will certainly enjoy this

Cheers!
Should have waited for the console version. Sorry. ;) (At least you can play it Northpin, small mercies).

We expect that starting by listing the ingredients correctly, we'll see a lot fewer concerns about the amount of mats required. If there needs to be further balancing, we're open to feedback!
My feedback...

Having non-removable mods and a very large amount grinding required to upgrade weapons and suits, points to the time requirements being "artificially" pro-longed. EG it seems to be designed to keep players in-game for as long as possible, for the least amount of content.

I would love to see the materials required being reduced by at least 50% or make them removable.

Please.

Even if it's a big text block, seeing the changes in context for what would be extraneous on which would be a good discussing point for what Frontier's targeting on material quantities.

If there needs to be further balancing, we're open to feedback!
Feedback points:
  • Mods should at the very least be replaceable with another mod (similar to experimental effects).
  • There are around ~65 data materials that are not used in -any- upgrade, mod or unlock. Assets have more pointless items than those with an actual use as well but it's much less. Still the sheer amount of useless data/assets is absurd and it seems to just be there to muddy the loot pools, making collecting what you actually need take a lot longer with the already un-fun RNG. Either reduce that stuff or make the requirements less, like at least 50% less.
  • Individual data/asset limits please! The 1000 shared limit is terrible. We already went over this with the old engineering mats, why is this happening again?! I'm constantly at the 1000 limit, having to go back to a bar, use yet another 3rd-party tool to figure out which items have zero use and need to be sold or traded... this is not fun (and it's why I've stopped trying to upgrade gear altogether until big changes are made).
  • Barman should/could be a data-trader, that would mitigate some of the ~65 useless data mats at least... It's weird they are not selling drinks and instead be a weird kind of pawn shop, but if anything would make sense for a barman is that he'd be selling information on the side, so data.

Though honestly this is just trying to fix more engineering grind which is not fun gameplay at all. What I think would have been more fun gameplay wise... if there was a science corner in a captain's office or even a separate lab room on large ships to analyze all the new plant samples, perhaps do research or have certain combinations unlock new unique gear perks/improvements (a la tech brokers unlock once buy after with credits), instead of this grindy mats + engineers way. It would be gameplay loops that'd make people have a reason to go out and scan all the new organic plants and unlock gear improvements along the way. But I guess since interiors are pointless according to Frontier I doubt that's ever going to happen.

Last edited:
Bruce, you young scamp, it's not "recipes", it's "Blueprints". Don't go listening to the Devs, they're all absent minded professors. :)

My feedback...

Having non-removable mods and a very large amount grinding required to upgrade weapons and suits, points to the time requirements being "artificially" pro-longed. EG it seems to be designed to keep players in-game for as long as possible, for the least amount of content.

I would love to see the materials required being reduced by at least 50% or make them removable.

Please.
Sounds reasonable, or just making some of them more accessible/common would work for me.

Seconding this. I'm trying to imagine a semi-casual player managing to accumulate enough power regulators or manufacturing instructions to upgrade even a single suit!
All you have to do is get to allied status with the factions of a station and they start throwing huge amounts of materials your way for rewards. Since I'm doing the Imperial rank grind I'm allied with every minor faction in Ngalinn, Mainani, and Aitvas. On the board every manufacturing instruction reward is 4-5. With NPC mission givers that can be boosted to 10 with negotiation.

Greetings Commanders,

An update containing two bug fixes will go live shortly after the time of this post:

• Corrections to erroneous numbers in weapon engineering recipes
  • Removal of ingredients which are not required in certain recipes
These issues affected the accuracy, headshot damage and weapon range modifications of various weapons.

If you encounter any further issues, don't hesitate to leave us your feedback. No downtime or disruption to gameplay will be necessary.

O7
Glad you're fixing stuff but are these the kind of fixes that have pushed console back again, hardly game breaking

Seconding this. I'm trying to imagine a semi-casual player managing to accumulate enough power regulators or manufacturing instructions to upgrade even a single suit!
Also would like to point out the ridiculousness of 31 power regulators for a full suit upgrade from G1 to G5... while apparently SRVs run on just one. Not to mention the size of these canisters, where are they putting them?!? Why is this even a required material to upgrade a suit, makes zero sense. Maybe one for the required power but... ugh.

It really is not a problem to get enoug mats (in decent time) for upgrade on foot stuff once you learn how things works. And these mats are for engineer/trader (payment), it is not meant to be used in upgraded stuff :)

Last edited:
We expect that starting by listing the ingredients correctly, we'll see a lot fewer concerns about the amount of mats required. If there needs to be further balancing, we're open to feedback!
There still problems regarding mats for unlock engineers.
Smear campaigns are too difficult ( I found just one and I'm grinding specifically for 3 weeks), restore power/recover base disappeared from a lot of systems.
Also "Opinion polls" seems excessively difficult to find imho.
I know many players found such things. But not all of us has huge amount of playtime just to grind dozens of very rare stuff.
I stopped to play ED just to find time to get mats for suits/weapons upgrades and engineering. That is too much.

My problem is more so that I cannot trade for these RNG mats at all. Should be more like Horizons. Not sure why such a big change was made and honestly it doesn't make sense that everything isn't tradable by some means.

Top Bottom