Odyssey Update - Weapon Engineering Recipe Fixes

I really think we should be able to remove mods, just like modules on ships. The permanency of these mods right now means that I'm going to google the meta builds, grind for that, and then never touch it again. If you allow us to remove things and 'mix and match,' then I'm definitely going to be inclined to unlock more mods and experiment (assuming the grind isn't insane, which it feels like currently). By locking us into permanent mods, there's no way I'm going to do any fun stuff, because I'll feel like I'm just wasting my time unless it's the meta.
Exactly this. Forcing players to grind endlessly to experiment with different mods is evil.

My google fu is not strong enough to find those "meta builds" though. Plus, I suspect there will be different "best builds" for different jobs. Stealth missions, for example might benefit greatly from noise suppression and quieter footsteps... while those mods would be pointless for ground massacres.

Stealth missions, for example might benefit greatly from noise suppression and quieter footsteps... while those mods would be pointless for ground massacres.

Everything can benefit from quieter footsteps, noise suppression and audio masking.
Including massacre. If the enemy is dead before he knows what hit him, mean no alarms and no enemies with shields up and no reinforcements.

On the other hand, no mission is as hard as not being doable in a store bought G3 suit & weapon. With no mods.

My three recommendations:

1) change engineers unlocks. "Opinion polls", "settlement defense plans" and such are way too rare. At least add them to mission rewards or something.

2) not being able to move mods is asinine.

3) allow all thingies to be traded.

These three things would alleviate the worst of it and make it tolerable or even interesting.

Personally I would have not any huge issue with permanent mods as long as there will be possibility to trade all needed materials (data included!). There also should be counter for materials sold to bartenders which will allow easy control about how far is unlocked access to engineer (especially when some things are quite rare). Suggestion, to allow use of more unused! (there is allot of them) data/materials for unlocking engineers, is really a good one!

Last edited:
Seconding this. I'm trying to imagine a semi-casual player managing to accumulate enough power regulators or manufacturing instructions to upgrade even a single suit!

the casual or the semi-casual will google (YT actually) his question and they will quickly learn how to do the relogsky game - after all, they're already used with it from Dav's hope and/or Jameson's Cobra

Me? I play long enough to get them without heavily relying on relogsky - and since i'm allied with the factions in the systems i'm wandering into, i'm often able to negociate missions rewards that give 10 MI or 4-5 PR or even 4-5 Suit Schematics (the later being the nemesis of my suit engineering, not PR, not MI)

FDev, please allow weapon/suit mods to be removed, stored, and swapped between weapons/suits. This will foster experimentation. People will build and try out crazy loadouts just for the fun of it. If it wasn't for the ability to try crazy ideas and swap engineered modules in ships, the AX combat meta would never have been discovered.

Also would like to point out the ridiculousness of 31 power regulators for a full suit upgrade from G1 to G5... while apparently SRVs run on just one. Not to mention the size of these canisters, where are they putting them?!? Why is this even a required material to upgrade a suit, makes zero sense. Maybe one for the required power but... ugh.
power regulators take 1 second to get ... you can get 10 billion of them in 10 minutes if not less..

Exactly this. Forcing players to grind endlessly to experiment with different mods is evil.

My google fu is not strong enough to find those "meta builds" though. Plus, I suspect there will be different "best builds" for different jobs. Stealth missions, for example might benefit greatly from noise suppression and quieter footsteps... while those mods would be pointless for ground massacres.
tehre isint a meta build. even ship flying theres no meta builds. i see regular fdls lose to cobras mk4 with reverbcascade mines .. the ground combat is easy that you can beat it in a flying suit .

there should be an option to scrap a suit/weapon, and get back materials for either :
keep suit cost materials or
keep mods materials

alternative would be to boost ALL material loot count by 3x, like they did for horizons engineering

Greetings Commanders,

An update containing two bug fixes will go live shortly after the time of this post:

• Corrections to erroneous numbers in weapon engineering recipes
  • Removal of ingredients which are not required in certain recipes
These issues affected the accuracy, headshot damage and weapon range modifications of various weapons.

If you encounter any further issues, don't hesitate to leave us your feedback. No downtime or disruption to gameplay will be necessary.

O7
Nice, but, any chance in getting the crafting costs drastically lower than they are? The whole system is so over the top with grind it has made me not even want to play. You need the upgrades to do content, in an acceptable manner, but can't do that when recipes are so laden with the very grind that was once removed from Engineering 1.0.

Please, please lower the grind.

Nice, but, any chance in getting the crafting costs drastically lower than they are? The whole system is so over the top with grind it has made me not even want to play. You need the upgrades to do content, in an acceptable manner, but can't do that when recipes are so laden with the very grind that was once removed from Engineering 1.0.

Please, please lower the grind.
Do you know that each Thursday after maintenance are randomly distributed suits and weapons upgraded up to lvl3 to on foot sellers? (Today is the best day for look around) It really is not hard find these suits or better weapons (as lvl1) with little traveling and with some luck there may be even mods (useful). And upgrading is actually not so big problem when you learn how it works and where to look for materials. There is actually zero need to do engineering for onfoot content, with some experience is lvl 3 enough. And there is also no need to upgrade all in day or two, its good occassional activity imo. More useful would be trading of all on foot "materials", but this was already suggested numerous times.

Agree on the point about data traders. The grind is just ridiculous around this. This is not fun gameplay wasting time hoping for a random RNG roll. You really need to add the capability to trade data as this is not fun at all the way it is.

For people talking about not needing G5 modded stuff. The only reason I am doing G5 stuff and farming Odyssey, in general, is for Thargoid foot stuff (if/when it ever comes). So G5 is important ;).

Top Bottom