Official FDev Damage Stats for Every Weapon

All frag cannons including the Pacifier now updated to 2.2.03.

Further amendments will now follow and I will confirm once complete.

All plasma accelerators including Advanced Plasma Accelerator now updated to 2.2.03.

Added new plasma 'absolute damage' 60-20-20 calculation to notes - reflected in figures in tables.

Updated all lasers (the changes being to fixed beams, fixed pulse, and to bursts of all variants - fixed, turreted and gimballed) including, as above, the Cytroscrambler and Pulse Disruptor.

EDIT: Retributor Beam Laser now also updated.

Last edited:
Semi OT question...

I have seen a couple of people on this forum mention that weapons with special effects like the Pulse Disruptor, is less effective on AI ships than on player ships - is this true?

Semi OT question...

I have seen a couple of people on this forum mention that weapons with special effects like the Pulse Disruptor, is less effective on AI ships than on player ships - is this true?

I have never tested against NPC's but I would observe that back in the heat meta days, contrary to the prevailing view on these forums, I could completely disable AI in moments by using stacked thermal cascade packhounds (ie NPC's were as affected by heat as players, it was just that most PvE players were misled by the lack of weaponised heat in their builds into thinking otherwise).

So my personal guess would be that NPC's are likely to be equally affected in this instance also.

Very well done.

TY!

Thread now fully up to date for Live 2.2.03

Final amendments made just now:

- Cannon buffs (all sizes and variants as per patch notes)

- Enforcer Cannon (tiny unannounced nerf from 3.0 damage per shot to 2.9 damage per shot, consequential changes to DPS, DPE etc. made)

- Added Armour Piercing Value for every weapon

o7

TRUESILVER

This is one of those posts I've had stickied for months, and I really do appreciate you keeping it updated.

One thing I'm not seeing, but for which FDev provide in-game stats is heat; It would be very useful to have heat/second in the same table - especially since the adjustments in 2.2.03.

Since you obviously know your stuff, do you happen to know where I can find information for the stat changes with experimental effects? Incendiary rounds for example state "large portion converted to thermal" but it doesn't say exactly how much, nor does it state what the DPS boost is. The unwelcome side effect is a 200% increase in heat generation and that isn't even mentioned at all!

o7

This is one of those posts I've had stickied for months, and I really do appreciate you keeping it updated.

One thing I'm not seeing, but for which FDev provide in-game stats is heat; It would be very useful to have heat/second in the same table - especially since the adjustments in 2.2.03.

Since you obviously know your stuff, do you happen to know where I can find information for the stat changes with experimental effects? Incendiary rounds for example state "large portion converted to thermal" but it doesn't say exactly how much, nor does it state what the DPS boost is. The unwelcome side effect is a 200% increase in heat generation and that isn't even mentioned at all!

o7

Hi there,

Thanks indeed for your interest - funny coincidence but were you by any chance AFK at the main HIP 202722 star port last night? If it was you, I was snooping around in my Federal (!) Courier hoping to attack your Imperial (!) Corvette ... but you never undocked, lol!

For the side effects of specials, see this thread of mine ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ects-of-weapon-special-effects-complete-table

... for the special themselves I'm not aware of any definitive work and haven't done a thread myself.

However, dealing specifically with incendiary, which is a regular question, in its original incarnation it turned 100% kinetic into 100% thermal plus 20% kinetic, making a healthy 120% total.

Now it turns 100% kinetic into 95% thermal, with the missing 5% being lost.

About heat, yes it's possible that for the next version of the tables I may add a thermal load column.

o7

Last edited:
I'll have access to the cytoscrambler, I'll let you know the stats :)

Interestingly, the 650m range cytoscrmabler will have access to the long range engineer tweak. Wonder if that might make it borderline useful...

I cannot fathom why they gave it that abysmal range when a regular laser has 3000 meters.
According to E:D shipyard it has a range of 1000 meters but falloff at 600 meters.

With 1/3 the range the damage should be MASSIVE against shields as compensation.

Hmm, would it function with Scramble Spectrum?

- Take out shields
- Cannot damage hull but can cause malfunctions

With scramble spectrum and improved range it might be useful

I cannot fathom why they gave it that abysmal range when a regular laser has 3000 meters.
According to E:D shipyard it has a range of 1000 meters but falloff at 600 meters.

With 1/3 the range the damage should be MASSIVE against shields as compensation.

Hmm, would it function with Scramble Spectrum?

- Take out shields
- Cannot damage hull but can cause malfunctions

With scramble spectrum and improved range it might be useful

Although the Cytoscrambler does indeed offer potentially massive damage against shields now, that of course depends upon its shots connecting.

The problem with the buffed 2.2.03 version is that the range goes up but the jitter has not gone down. As with a frag cannon, above 500m a vast amount of the potential damage simply disappears into the void.

Hence increasing the range yet further really wouldn't help because the further away, the greater the spread.

Personally, although I hate to encourage yet more RNGineering, I think there might be room for mods like Focused (or a new, 'Accuracy' mod) to reduce jitter at the expense of other things. That could be interesting and would effectively give the option of taking weapons like the Cytroscrambler or Frags and tuning them into something like a home-made Pacifier.

Although the Cytoscrambler does indeed offer potentially massive damage against shields now, that of course depends upon its shots connecting.

The problem with the buffed 2.2.03 version is that the range goes up but the jitter has not gone down. As with a frag cannon, above 500m a vast amount of the potential damage simply disappears into the void.

Hence increasing the range yet further really wouldn't help because the further away, the greater the spread.

Personally, although I hate to encourage yet more RNGineering, I think there might be room for mods like Focused (or a new, 'Accuracy' mod) to reduce jitter at the expense of other things. That could be interesting and would effectively give the option of taking weapons like the Cytroscrambler or Frags and tuning them into something like a home-made Pacifier.

And to require a lvl 5 engineering just to boost the range with +80% would still have it with about 50% range of regular small bursts that can instead be given +40% damage AND DPS.

The Cytoscrambler needs to be given the regular range of burst lasers, I mean, you already trade away 100% damage to hull so it's hardly an overpowered weapon.

The Cytoscrambler needs to be given the regular range of burst lasers, I mean, you already trade away 100% damage to hull so it's hardly an overpowered weapon.

Yes but as I say above I don't think that increasing range will actually achieve anything, in isolation. The problem is that jitter effectively creates a widening indiscriminate firing cone. You'll already struggle to get more than an occasional hit on the front end of an anaconda at 750m ... at 2 km there would be no point pulling the trigger even if it's broadside on ...

Yes but as I say above I don't think that increasing range will actually achieve anything, in isolation. The problem is that jitter effectively creates a widening indiscriminate firing cone. You'll already struggle to get more than an occasional hit on the front end of an anaconda at 750m ... at 2 km there would be no point pulling the trigger even if it's broadside on ...

Hmm, point taken, but improving the jitter would not change anything if the range is the same short one due to damage drop due to range.

So it's a small within 500 meter combat weapon that is fixed.

were you by any chance AFK at the main HIP 202722 star port last night?

Hah, yeah. I was probably cooking or number crunching the outfitting whilst posting on those exact sort of questions in this thread ;)

I'd just got back from Broo and Tod having G5'd all my Imperial Corvette's weapons. The jitter on Rapid fire was ruining my fun so I've gone back to scramble-spectrum overcharged with a corrosive/incendiary mix on the big MC's. I'm a filthy imperial at heart because I cut my teeth BH'ing for ALD in powerplay but I always felt the Anaconda and Cutter weren't agile enough.

However, dealing specifically with incendiary, which is a regular question, in its original incarnation it turned 100% kinetic into 100% thermal plus 20% kinetic, making a healthy 120% total.

Now it turns 100% kinetic into 95% thermal, with the missing 5% being lost.

Does that mean that it's now 115% total or does it only do thermal? I've noticed that the dps stats in game for my incendiaries are on average slightly lower than my corrosives, but perhaps that's because it's only listing the thermal in the way that phasing sequence adds bleed damage that isn't listed.

o7

Last edited:
Does that mean that it's now 115% total or does it only do thermal? I've noticed that the dps stats in game for my incendiaries are on average slightly lower than my corrosives, but perhaps that's because it's only listing the thermal in the way that phasing sequence adds bleed damage that isn't listed.

No, it has been nerfed fairly hard I'm afraid, from a previous total of 120% in a 100-20 thermal-kinetic split, to a current total of 95%, all thermal ... hence you're seeing the 5% DPS cut.

- - - Updated - - -

Added a fresh, 2.2.03 google spreadsheet courtesy of reddit user ollomulder:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19CPuuj7lBmMX3v55c85jydwqo_H-qnvvmbQaC6ctcms/edit#gid=0

... to the footnotes of the OP.

Thank you, Cmdr!

Last edited:

Minonian

Banned
Talking about weapons and damage stats?

Just got my python destroyed in combat zone about 20-30 sec or so, from full shields and hull into zero, with 3-4 shots. I'm not angry or whatsever, but the man wonders, What was that? To take down a heavily armored even if poorly tuned Python this fast?

Last edited:
Top Bottom