Official Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous reveal!

Just hours ago, a new trailer of the new Netflix TV show, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, a TV-PG fully fledged CGI animated show of eight episodes, has just released! Days ago, rumors that sprouted from Twitter say the TV show was delayed for September due to voice actors not being able to record their lines from home during the COVID-19 lockdowns. Now, that part seems true as the show is scheduled for September 18.

(The trailer)
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4CyBdeaZBo

As stated above, it will have eight episodes, but how long these episodes will run nobody knows yet. Several pictures of the show have also sprouted. One of which shows Bumpy the baby Ankylosaurus,
JurassicWorldCampCretaceous_Season1_Episode5_00_06_29_19-1024x576.png

and also, as first marketed as a Camp Cretaceous mini-figure: Pasaurolophus with bioluminescence.
agflz9dpenrjyfqfm9pr.jpg
CampCr15Mini1__53148.1595525909.jpg

Left: Promotional screenshot. Right: The minifigure with the Camp Cretaceous collection pack at the very bottom right.​

Last edited:
Trailer looks cool... but what's up with those Parasaurs and their posture? They look like they're dragging their tails along the ground... so outdated looking... then again, it appears they're also being depicted as semi-aquatic which is also extremely outdated...

This looks like a show for 3 year old kids. Didn't think it would be that bad.
Well, it's TV-PG rated, so it's a little more general audience friendly than the PG-13 live action films. So, I don't think it's necessarily for kids of all ages, it's just made a little more "family friendly", but not too infantile.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I think the trailer looked alright. It definitely looks like a show I'd be interested in watching, 'cause dinosaurs and exciting situations. I think the teaser does what it's supposed to: establish the premise of the show and present some exciting situations the main characters will get into over the course of the series. I'm hoping we'll see another trailer that will flesh out the show before it premieres on Netflix.

(Please note: I don't know anything about Camp Cretaceous beyond the information that's already public on the Internet. I have no secret information or anything like that).

Dreamworks Animation have been behind some really good shows recently, like Voltron: Legendary Defender, Trollhunters, Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts, etc. So I'm cautiously optimistic about Camp Cretaceous. :)

Shows seems interesting, I am curious how the structure of the story would be like since I think it takes place during the indominus rex breakout in the 2015 film. I think it will be soft canon like JWE, but I will tune in to see how the direction of an animated series for JP/JW would be like.

Also, this is going to be very pessimistic, but how dangerous will things get? With Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, if there is a child, that child would not die or get injured from dinosaur attacks. And with a main cast being all children, the element of suspense would disappear. The only one that comes to mind that is the exception to this rule is Cathy Bowman from the lost world (which she survived), but since then the children are basically dinosaur proof.

It sounds silly, but I would like it if the danger becomes realized in this netflix series. If we are going to be invested in these characters, but they would survive till the end and everyone is okay and no one but the bad guys get hurt, then where is the suspense? I missed that element of suspense with this franchise.

to be honest it kind of looks like Planet zoo but that's not a bad thing I have to admit I was surprised by the animation but now that I look at it I realized this is still in production until they finally finish it at launch on Netflix.

even though this is aimed towards kids although then again DreamWorks has a history where most of their movies are mostly for everybody of all ages so I don't mind if they has also dark elements for older audiences as well in the series.

I'm looking forward to this series because it's more Jurassic world content and then who knows which new dinosaurs will be introduced into the Canon because this series is considered to be Canon by Steven Spielberg and Colin trevorrow. Not to mention it's going to take place during the events during the first film and after. Looking forward to it September 18th.

Trailer looks cool... but what's up with those Parasaurs and their posture? They look like they're dragging their tails along the ground... so outdated looking... then again, it appears they're also being depicted as semi-aquatic which is also extremely outdated...
I mean the original Jurassic World doesn't exactly pride itself on dinosaur accuracy. I feel like it might be a partial reference to the original Jurassic park ride at Universal studios, but it is a bit of a stretch.

Also, this is going to be very pessimistic, but how dangerous will things get? With Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, if there is a child, that child would not die or get injured from dinosaur attacks.
It's a good point, I imagine there will be adult characters that could potentially happen to (woman on the radio for example, ACU personnel), but yeah, beyond a camp counsellor or two there's probably no-one to really get attached to.

A lot of the trailer really seems to be in a short time frame, it'll be interesting to see just how many episodes the Indominus escape takes up.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
A lot of the trailer really seems to be in a short time frame, it'll be interesting to see just how many episodes the Indominus escape takes up.

The show itself is 8 episodes long, so I'm guessing they'll get to the plot of JW fairly quickly. The Indominus will probably escape towards the end of episode 1 or 2, after some fun and exciting camp experiences for the kids.

The show itself is 8 episodes long, so I'm guessing they'll get to the plot of JW fairly quickly. The Indominus will probably escape towards the end of episode 1 or 2, after some fun and exciting camp experiences for the kids.
I'd probably put it at the end of episode 1, I have the feeling that it'll extend past the end of Jurassic World by a day or so

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I'd probably put it at the end of episode 1, I have the feeling that it'll extend past the end of Jurassic World by a day or so
That sounds reasonable. I doubt they'd want to keep "the good stuff" (the I. rex escaping) hidden from the audience for too long, since that's the main crux of the story.

That sounds reasonable. I doubt they'd want to keep "the good stuff" (the I. rex escaping) hidden from the audience for too long, since that's the main crux of the story.
Using it as a stinger for the first episode also lets them handle it that way while using the episode to more intro characters and show off some parts of the park...I'm kind of hoping we'll see the Predator Quarantine Facility that appeared in Evolution of Claire

If this series means more vehicles and other attractions are revealed in the Jurassic World CC Series I'm all for it! Meaning Frontier can add some of these attractions in the future in Jurassic world evolution, since apparently this series is supposed to be Canon taking place during the 2015 Jurassic world movie and before Fallen Kingdom I can't wait to see what is in store for us in this series.

I found something interesting which details the show more without spoiling anything too much of what it has to offer. An interview with director, Colin Trevorrow, about the show on Filmweb.pl.

HOWEVER, I will warn you all now that the language of this article and the website itself is in Polish, so unless you understand Polish or you use an online translator like Google Translate (like I use myself) to help you automatically translate the text for you, you might not be able to understand what it's saying.

But, big YouTuber, Klayton Fioriti, did post a video about it to translate it to his viewers (which is how I found the article in the first place). Now, full disclosure, I don't really watch any of his videos myself because they can be mostly opinionated and trivial at best, which is why I don't generally watch them for personal research on "past posted facts" (even though he does give out most, if not all, of the factual stuff from the franchise itself), but he did give some thoughts and opinions that I thought were interesting in this particular video of his that I do recommend checking out, aside from translating the text from the Polish article for you.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Bh9J33XEc

Last edited:
This Series could Introduce New Vehicles New Rides and Attractions for Frontier to include into Jurassic world Evolution.

A Inspiration for a Jurassic world Tour Gate.....
Jurassic_World_Camp_Cretaceous.jpg

A New High Hide Kind of Ride For the Guests to View Dinosaurs.
MV5BMjE4N2U1OWEtNDJiZC00ZjIxLWI1YzctNDg3ZTczNTlkYWJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQWRvb2xpbmhk._V1_.jpg

A New Redwood's Building for our guests to Enjoy in Jurassic world Evolution....
jurassicparkcampcrestaceous-740x431@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Oh? How so? I'd love to hear your take :)

I just always thought the Jurassic franchise was about bringing dinosaurs to life and at the same time create a thrill about the animals and what they were capable of. I know everything is about money in the end, but the LEGO collaborations and now this, turns the franchise into something childish, which I just doesn't feel right about. It takes something away from the majestic feel of the dinosaurs, even though I know it's for entertainment purposes and revenue.

I saw the first movie in the cinema when I was 3. I wanted to see real life dinosaurs. I hated regular animated kid dinosaurs growing up. They didn't give me the feel of real animals. I might've been a weird kid though. Not going to argue that. :LOL:

Top Bottom