[FEDERATION] Official Recruitment Thread For the Earth Defense Fleet

I have a question about joining a group this one or any other one for that matter. If I chose to join does this make a change to my play style, what I mean is when and if needed I can be there for the group but am I still able to go off and be who I want to be in the game or am I bound by a code and hunted to death if I just go out and play o7

No. We appreciate if Commanders help the faction (f.e. in the Background Simulation) but they are free to do what they want – as long they don’t harm other EDF members/allies. Furthermore, as a member, you should not attack other gamers without a reason. If we attack, we have a reason to do so. And if we attack, we are hitting hard. But we are no Gankers.
After all, ED is a game and should be fun. Of course, I can only speak for the EDF. No idea what it is like in other groups. I am EDF member since late 2016 and never joined other groups or had the desire to leave.

No. We appreciate if Commanders help the faction (f.e. in the Background Simulation) but they are free to do what they want – as long they don’t harm other EDF members/allies. Furthermore, as a member, you should not attack other gamers without a reason. If we attack, we have a reason to do so. And if we attack, we are hitting hard. But we are no Gankers.
After all, ED is a game and should be fun. Of course, I can only speak for the EDF. No idea what it is like in other groups. I am EDF member since late 2016 and never joined other groups or had the desire to leave.
Thank you commander that is an answer I hoped for I will consider this o7 fly safe

Good Evening,

I've come back to the game after a long absence and am looking for a group of players to connect with. I'm mainly a PvE combat pilot and am currently learning about engineering, Thargoids, Guardians and am sure I'm missing a few things. I play a few days a week and am able to be on comms.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Djerung

Good Evening,

I've come back to the game after a long absence and am looking for a group of players to connect with. I'm mainly a PvE combat pilot and am currently learning about engineering, Thargoids, Guardians and am sure I'm missing a few things. I play a few days a week and am able to be on comms.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Djerung

Hi Djerung, now is a good time to join. The past few weeks, many new recruits joined our squadron. I’ll will be happy to help you with engineering – I like this stuff. We also have Xeno hunting experts that will be happy to share their knowledge. Looking forward meeting you on our discord server. O7

Last edited:
Hi Djerung, now is a good time to join. The past few weeks, many new recruits joined our squadron. I’ll will be happy to help you with engineering – I like this stuff. We also have Xeno hunting experts that will be happy to share their knowledge. Looking forward meeting you on our discord server. O7

Having a bunch of fellow new recruits is always nice, I'm not the only fresh meat haha. I'd be glad to have some help with engineering, it's a lot to wrap my head around! Xeno hunting sounds like fun to, I've got so many questions. I'll continue this dialogue on discord after this message. o7

Hello Commanders,

I joined EDF a week ago and would like to thank everyone that made me feel welcome and helped me settle in. I have played Elite Dangerous for 4 years, mainly solo or with close friends only. Now I have multiple friends who I can talk to and enjoy the game with.

I have enjoyed the mission set up, combat, wing play and general chat with other EDF members and would like to encourage the people who are thinking of joining a squadron to contact The Earth Defence Fleet Squadron for a fun and friendly experience.

Hello Commanders,

I joined EDF a week ago and would like to thank everyone that made me feel welcome and helped me settle in. I have played Elite Dangerous for 4 years, mainly solo or with close friends only. Now I have multiple friends who I can talk to and enjoy the game with.

I have enjoyed the mission set up, combat, wing play and general chat with other EDF members and would like to encourage the people who are thinking of joining a squadron to contact The Earth Defence Fleet Squadron for a fun and friendly experience.
Thank you for your support commander. It is the mission of the Earth Defense Fleet to provide a friendly community for elite dangerous commanders from all walks of life. We will to continue to provide content so that commanders can have a full Elite Dangerous experience.

CMDR GUNNAR LY REPORTING FOR DUTY (Kinda, he's 4 LOL).

But we love this and we are based in the neighborhood (Ohm City until we get permits for Sol), and will defend Sol, and will slay every last enemy of Earth, or die trying. We eat baby Goids, or try to but all that Ammonia is a PIA to get into the instapot!

Anyway, see you around Sol?, and feel free to hit us up on here :) And yeah, you have our support, for sure.

He is really getting into Elite tho, as you can see he wanted an Elite Bday Party this year:\

Source: https://youtu.be/QZvgh37S_qs

Source: https://youtu.be/HNCqC8VZvZw

Source: https://imgur.com/a/gEXqns7

Hi GUNNARLY,

good to see you take care for junior pilots. We need them – lots of nasty things out there in the void. 😊

Yes, our home system is Okinura (approx. 30ly from Sol). So the next time you are near this system, drop by at Fisher Terminal and say hello - or visit us on our discord server .

🍻

Hi there comrades!

Thank you for let me join in your team.

Хороший тамада и конкурсы интересные! ;)

Hello Commanders
Remember on your journey though the void you can always stop at our home system of Okinura for all your needs. We at the Earth Defense Fleet always welcome new visitors to Okinura and our stations are fully loaded with everything a commander may need.

What I think that makes the EDF great!

We accept anybody, regardless of nationality, or gender.
Though the most of us are from the USA and Great Britain, we also have members in, Australia, Germany, Portugal, Denmark, Belgium and Russia.
And everybody is free to participate in EDF activities, or peruse his personal projects.

And I want to end my post with these closing words:
Thank you to our wise leaders, you must be doing something running a squadron for about 4 years now.
Thank you especially to all the new members, who have committed themselves to such extent in the past weeks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom