Game Discussions Official Sony Playstation 5 teardown video

Sony officially showcased the PS5 teardown in the video below. It is spoken in Japanese, youtube subtitle options are ready to be enabled.

I like the direction they took showcasing the inside of the console, I hope it is a practice they and other console manufacturers do with future hardware installments.

Yes, really impressed with Sony choosing to do their own tear down video, it's not as detailed as something from iFixit but does the job nicely. Few things I noticed from it:
Side panels are definitely removable and changeable, as far as I am aware this was only rumoured before.
The M.2 bay looks like it has room for drives with a heatsink and has all four length options.
It didn't look at all difficult to tear down, obviously that remains to be seen given that it was a shortened vid.
They used liquid metal TIM and not the usual grey gunk :)

They also appear to have picked their smallest engineer/technician to do it, the PS5 looks humongous next to him :D

Edit: They also really have gone to town on the stand, liked that it has a holder for the screw and screw hole cover :)

Last edited:
Sony officially showcased the PS5 teardown in the video below. It is spoken in Japanese, youtube subtitle options are ready to be enabled.

I like the direction they took showcasing the inside of the console, I hope it is a practice they and other console manufacturers do with future hardware installments.
That is a very clean design. An it look like it will be dead easy to maintain and repair this console.

When I was a small child I did a tear down of mums best radio. She wasnt very pleased. I just wanted to see if there were really small people in side doing the talking.

I did a very similar thing, only I decided to unscrew the back of the TV when I was three years old. I wanted to see where the people were. It was an ancient telly built some time in the 1960s, and there was a million volts running through that thing when it was on. It's amazing I'm still alive, frankly. :ROFLMAO:

In a slightly out of the topic post to this thread, I just got lucky and secured myself a PS5!!!!!

They don't sell PS5 preorders in large quantities here, from what I understand, each store is limited to 30 PS5 consoles for preorders (20 physical and 10 digital). And so far, there have been 2 preorder opportunities in Bahrain, and like 10+ places to place a preorder. So like around 400 PS5's are going to be released on November 19th if there are no additional preorder waves.

I called a local game shop today out of curiosity on PS5 preorders and potential availability on November 19th and asked if they still accepted preorders, knowing the 2nd opportunity was 3 days ago. Alas, he said all preorders are done, and it will be hard to get new consoles fast after the 19th of November as they do not know how much ps5s will come, and when they will come. So I accepted it and thanked the guy, coming to terms that I may not get one until 2021 even.

One minute later, he called me. I was surprised cause our conversation was over, I picked it up and he told me.

"Hello sir, so regarding PS5 preorders, we actually have an extra PS5 physical edition, the customer that reserved one in the second preorder wave has yet to pay for it and was not answering our phone calls for the past 3 days. If you want, you could buy that PS5 if you could pay for it now as it is still not purchased"

Ai0Qw21.gif

One minute later and with the transaction completed, I now have a PS5 and 3D headset fully secured and receipt ready! I have not been this excited since the PS2 release way back when. Looking forward to trying it out and sharing with you all what the console is like!

With the recent teardown of the playstation 5, a lot of people took note on how the sides plates are removable. With those side plates being removable and not voiding the playstation 5's warranty, people have been speculating that the PS5 would be really customizable, allowing for a more personalized PS5 system if players want. This is similar to the PS4's plate replacement, but seeing as this changes nearly the whole look of the PS5, it might lead to more interest to customize.

And so, a new shop has been setup to take this opportunity and develop other plates for the console. With 5 options to go by, black, red, blue, jungle cameo, and chromatic.

BlackFront_1716x1512.png

Redleft_1716x1512.png

Blueleft_1600x.png
Camoright_1600x.png

Chromaticright_1600x.png

As is, I say wait until reviews to see what the final product is like as it could be of a cheap quality. Regardless, this is a great aesthetic feature to get a PS5 and personalize it as you wish. I might wait until sony releases their product line of side plates as they have the cool playstation symbols texture on it that I like. I might settle for the default white, or get it in black or playstation 1 grey, or better yet, I want to grab a white pair of side plates and customize them with my illustrations on them. I am also interested to see if the lights from the console are adjustable to other colors besides blue, but it seems like an awesome time to have the same console for the next few years and update its look as opposed to trade it in (if possible) for the limited and often expensive alternative consoles. Will you be interested in stuff like this?

With the recent teardown of the playstation 5, a lot of people took note on how the sides plates are removable. With those side plates being removable and not voiding the playstation 5's warranty, people have been speculating that the PS5 would be really customizable, allowing for a more personalized PS5 system if players want. This is similar to the PS4's plate replacement, but seeing as this changes nearly the whole look of the PS5, it might lead to more interest to customize.

And so, a new shop has been setup to take this opportunity and develop other plates for the console. With 5 options to go by, black, red, blue, jungle cameo, and chromatic.

BlackFront_1716x1512.png

Redleft_1716x1512.png

Blueleft_1600x.png
Camoright_1600x.png

Chromaticright_1600x.png

As is, I say wait until reviews to see what the final product is like as it could be of a cheap quality. Regardless, this is a great aesthetic feature to get a PS5 and personalize it as you wish. I might wait until sony releases their product line of side plates as they have the cool playstation symbols texture on it that I like. I might settle for the default white, or get it in black or playstation 1 grey, or better yet, I want to grab a white pair of side plates and customize them with my illustrations on them. I am also interested to see if the lights from the console are adjustable to other colors besides blue, but it seems like an awesome time to have the same console for the next few years and update its look as opposed to trade it in (if possible) for the limited and often expensive alternative consoles. Will you be interested in stuff like this?
Being reasonably competent with an airbrush...I used to custom paint all my Xbox's from the original to the 360 and up to the Xbox one...haven't got around to painting the One X yet, more due to 'can't be bothered' rather than anything else.

I've painted my PC cases in the past as well...but since it's purely for my own benefit, there seemed little point. My current Corsair case is just the original plain old graphite paint on steel.

That aside, customisation options are always good...especially if they're as easy as replacing a side panel or 2. I'd probably go for the customisation option with the PS5 if I ever got one...mainly because I absolutely detest white plastic... it makes the PS5 aesthetically more like a kitchen appliance rather than something I'd sit under a monitor :D

fK90izH.jpg

NDv0cEZ.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I am aware of the memes in how it looks like a tower in Dubai, and it does 😂

I LOVE your airbrush work. Appropriately, Demon Souls is going to be a big game to be sold on the PS5 when it launches. I could see a lot of players who would love to have their PS5's to have such a style.

I am mostly someone who does simple cartoon character drawings. I did a poster sometime ago of a 120x120 artboard filled with cartoon doodles, similar to the Doodle Man's work. I want to grab a pair of PS5 sides and a sharpie and doodle on those cases ✍. But they have to be separate plates, I am a big nerd in having the default look of console as my first console, and this PS5 is tempting to be my first custom console since it is exchangeable.

I'm probably one of the few people not excited about the PS5. I've become somewhat disillusioned with Sony over the years, and I'm actually considering the new XBox if I were to ever get a new console. Until then, my PS4 and gaming laptop have me covered.

I'm probably one of the few people not excited about the PS5. I've become somewhat disillusioned with Sony over the years, and I'm actually considering the new XBox if I were to ever get a new console. Until then, my PS4 and gaming laptop have me covered.

That is a good move. The PS4 is still a good console to play with today, and a good portion of next gen games are also going to be playable on the older system. One of the funnier things I noticed is that there are games that are actually getting a boost in loading on the PS4 in preparation for the PS5. Like the Last of Us has a shortened loading period to 14 seconds compared to the previous 2 minutes load period. So I could see some life in the PS4 still for the next year or so as it still has a large install base and PS5 systems are limited as is.

Plus it won’t be a pain getting a next gen console if you wish to make the jump later on. Costs could be lower, improvements to the systems would be made, systems would be more available, you have a larger library to choose from either console, and we would actually have hands on experiences being shared then.

Top Bottom