Officiel Mods After the last content update/dlc

Pc are already modding game and my question IS Can we have mod being officiel when last content update Come for pc and console like what WE have on farming simulator for exemple

We probably won't get a theme kit like Planet Coaster, as this is being made in collaboration with the IP-stingy Universal Studios. JWE1 didn't get anything of this nature, so JWE2 probably won't either.

For a number of technical and other reasons, modding isn't something that is officially supported for the Jurassic World Evolution games. We don't have anything to announce about potential future mod support.
Technical reasons is not an argument. Not with this engine. The "other" reason is that Universal has final say about what is allowed in the game and what isn't, and does not want the game to be altered by users. They do not want their game, or IP, touched changed or altered. Also, there is a lot of money involved in licensing with anything Jurassic Park™, they are being very protective of their IP, and it is a very complex legal thing.

Simply put: Frontier is not allowed to make the game moddable.

But... technical reasons? Jens... come on man... you're better than that :D

We had this discussion so often.... are universal the bad guys or is it frontier?
I don't think the idea of publishing the mod support is bad after all official support has been discontinued and it could perhaps be implemented somehow.
But as long as DLC's with new dinosaur species are released, Frontier would only shoot itself in the foot if modders then implement new species for free ;)

For a number of technical and other reasons, modding isn't something that is officially supported for the Jurassic World Evolution games. We don't have anything to announce about potential future mod support.
I hope this will be read and answered (good morning btw!), but I am wondering if there are any legal issues to installing mods in the game? I know that in JWE1 there were no legal issues and I am curious for that situation with this game!

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hello again!

Unofficial modding or software that alters the game's code will always present a risk to players. For this reason, it is our recommendation that you do not use unsupported modding or clients of this nature.

Our full statement on modifying game files can be found in the game's EULA.

Hope that helps!

that's not quite the same as technical limitations, like you said earlier. as for the other reasons, there is an eula to hide behind, that basically means they want no one to touch their IP.

why not say it like it is, instead of this spinning stuff? why can't companies just be straight with their customers? are they so ashamed of their own demands that they don't dare to say em out loud?

Universal owns the IP, not to mention them being stingy and have firm grip with it. FD's hands are tied on that. So official mod support is out of the question.
With that being said, players are free to mod their game at their own peril.
Sure you can freely mod your game, but game updates tend to mess up mods, so if something breaks after a game update, that's on you.

They said mods will not be a thing. Why do people need the entire back story about why it's like this? It doesn't matter. Mods are not supported by Frontier. Case closed.

Top Bottom