Offline access for Sandbox Mode

On a recent pair of 5 hour flights and 3 hour layovers with crappy wifi, I would have loved to have gotten some time in working on a few building and coaster designs. Unfortunately, the game requires a live (and fairly viable) network connection in order to start.

It would be lovely to have either an "offline sandbox" mode where folks could craft, or a separate app that let us work on buildings for later import.

Thanks!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
On a recent pair of 5 hour flights and 3 hour layovers with crappy wifi, I would have loved to have gotten some time in working on a few building and coaster designs. Unfortunately, the game requires a live (and fairly viable) network connection in order to start.

It would be lovely to have either an "offline sandbox" mode where folks could craft, or a separate app that let us work on buildings for later import.

Thanks!

Hello jrconlin!

Im pretty sure you already can enjoy the game in offline mode [happy]

1. Start Steam online - make sure the Remember my password box on the login window is checked
2. Verify that all game files are completely updated - you can see the update status for a game under the Library section (when the game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode)
3. Launch the game you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download - shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played
4. Go to Steam > Settings to ensure the Don't save account credentials on this computer option is not selected
5. From the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select Go Offline
6. Click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode

Frontier Knowledgebase : https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=141

Last edited:
Ah, I suppose that would work if I was aware that I would be playing the game offline. Guess I'll have to add that to the pre-flight checklist.

Thanks!

Hello jrconlin!

Im pretty sure you already can enjoy the game in offline mode [happy]

1. Start Steam online - make sure the Remember my password box on the login window is checked
2. Verify that all game files are completely updated - you can see the update status for a game under the Library section (when the game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode)
3. Launch the game you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download - shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played
4. Go to Steam > Settings to ensure the Don't save account credentials on this computer option is not selected
5. From the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select Go Offline
6. Click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode

Frontier Knowledgebase : https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=141

But what, pray tell, are we supposed to do if Steam cannot be put into Online mode first?
This seems to be a bit backward, as login schemes go.

You can start steam in offline mode and launch any games. even online games (obviously you wont be able to play online)

It will say no connection available, start steam in offline mode

Brett C

Frontier
But what, pray tell, are we supposed to do if Steam cannot be put into Online mode first?
This seems to be a bit backward, as login schemes go.

It's simply due to our antitamper tech in use (session validation), along with keeping items in sync between the workshop and general cloud sync.

As long as you can login to steam at least once, you should be fine to play offline from that point onward, granted you'd end up getting an out of date client in due time. :)

You can start steam in offline mode and launch any games. even online games (obviously you wont be able to play online)

It will say no connection available, start steam in offline mode

If it had worked that way, I would not have been here posting in the forum. Alas, it gave me a popup message that said I had to turn on Online mode in Steam before I could launch the game, and I had the most recent client already. I've played it offline in that situation (at work, where I can't use the network) before without issue. Something changed.

It's simply due to our antitamper tech in use (session validation), along with keeping items in sync between the workshop and general cloud sync.

As long as you can login to steam at least once, you should be fine to play offline from that point onward, granted you'd end up getting an out of date client in due time. :)

Well, I have logged into Steam (the night before, from home, in fact), so I don't know why the session just up and died like that, when I'd done this before from home.

Mind you, I didn't say I wanted to be able to play it offline all the time, just that the option should be there all the time in case people want to make coasters when they're not on a network.

Top Bottom