'Oh for a docking computer . . .'

Guest193293

G
Alex murmured as he began to match rotation and slowly approached.
'Waste of money . . .' Elyssia chided. 'If you can't dock without losing your paintwork, you shouldn't be in space.'
Alex was a great flier. But snaking neatly into the reception bay of a Coriolis station was his greatest weakness.

Very neat flying but,...

It would be more impressive with a bigger ship.
And haven't you worked out how to exit SC with the entrance to space station in front of you?

Sorry for criticism, I've just sat in an ISO20K compliance meeting for 3 hours.

Had to vent on someone.

It still was a nice landing.

😉

Guest193293

G
Very neat flying but,...

It would be more impressive with a bigger ship.
And haven't you worked out how to exit SC with the entrance to space station in front of you?

Sorry for criticism, I've just sat in an ISO20K compliance meeting for 3 hours.

Had to vent on someone.

It still was a nice landing.

😉

I don't exit SC in front of the station because it remove the part where you need to fly and maneuver to the entrance from wherever you've exited SC, I like to do it because it is rewarding and make me practice. Even better with a coriolis station since sometimes you don't know where is the entrance.

I don't exit SC in front of the station because it remove the part where you need to fly and maneuver to the entrance from wherever you've exited SC, I like to do it because it is rewarding and make me practice. Even better with a coriolis station since sometimes you don't know where is the entrance.
Well that's fair enough, great for the video also. I was being a bit facitious.
Must try it myself. See if I can do better.
As for posting to YouTube, that might be a challenge! 🤔

I'd give it a 3/10. Some nice control shown, but there was no boosting, nor satisfying electrical crunching of the shields against the station nor even ricocheting off the toaster rack to guide your entry.

Nice landing. I use a similar approach to the slot but your touchdown was way better than mine. I tend to arrive in a screech of rending metal and sparks, leaving three deep grooves in the pad from somewhere near the edge to the docking clamps at the centre target.

o7

Nice landing. I use a similar approach to the slot but your touchdown was way better than mine. I tend to arrive in a screech of rending metal and sparks, leaving three deep grooves in the pad from somewhere near the edge to the docking clamps at the centre target.

o7
A time tested and reliable braking technique right there! :)

Top Bottom