Oh right yeah, that makes sense...

No, mostly you get Data missions to "relieve the famine" or outbreak... Have you had your minimum recommended daily allowance of data?

Actually, it's pretty common to get very good payouts for basic medicines in famine systems... I've seen as much a 4,000 credits per ton of profits on them so it's worth checking out.

Bought loadsa food cartridges and took them to a system in a state of famine. Obviously I'm an idiot thinking food would be in demand in a famine state system. In fact every single food is in abundant supply there.
. Perhaps outbreak systems export medicines too...

Crazy huh? The BGS is a joke and always has been. Don't try to put any logic in things like this in this game.

My favorite thing is the way a multitude of problems seem to be solved via the application of alcohol.

"Help the war effort by supplying 480t of liquor"
"Assist with famine relief by supplying 600t of beer"
"Quell civil unrest by providing 550t of bootleg liquor"
Etc.

ED has taught me that adding booze to a precarious situation is a surefire way to resolve it. [up]

Last edited:
Bought loadsa food cartridges and took them to a system in a state of famine. Obviously I'm an idiot thinking food would be in demand in a famine state system. In fact every single food is in abundant supply there.

Was the station you docked at in famine? The system state reports the state of the controlling faction, I believe, so some stations in that system may actually be a different state.

I've shipped lots of food to famine states in the past for good money.

Was the station you docked at in famine? The system state reports the state of the controlling faction, I believe, so some stations in that system may actually be a different state.

I've shipped lots of food to famine states in the past for good money.
You're doing it wrong. You are supposed to go to the wrong station and make a complaint thread, without first checking your facts.

My favorite thing is the way a multitude of problems seem to be solved via the application of alcohol.

Etc.

ED has taught me that adding booze to a precarious situation is a surefire way to resole it. [up]

[video=youtube;hUVwR0rw5fk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR0rw5fk[/video]

Sorry OP but famine does indeed create demand for food products. Not just that but it artificially jacks up the prices too. But as somebody else mentioned, famine, like all BGS states, applies to a faction, not a whole system. You have to bring the food to the right station.

Last edited:

Etc.

ED has taught me that adding booze to a precarious situation is a surefire way to resole it. [up]

I laughed a lot here. Thank you. I have also learned much of the fabled "BGS"

It's like starving to death on a deserted island with a shipwrecked tanker full of hot dogs because you're kosher VEGAN.:D
FTFY

Seriously though, the mechanic is stupid, famine systems should pay though the nose for food, massive demand. Same thing with outbreak and medicine.

Etc.

ED has taught me that adding booze to a precarious situation is a surefire way to resolve it. [up]

My favorite is famine and outbreak relief through landmines

Etc.

Well.. technically alcohol IS a "solution".

Science/chemistry ftw!

Can you post the system name, wanna check something. In general you should filter for low population to maximise profits, although famine work is best for just gathering data/mats. Outbreak pays a lot better, still for pure cash you are better off just hauling out of refinery/industrial systems in boom.

Also another note, don't use the wiki, I know it tells you to buy food catridges, ignore it. For example, you can buy fish from anywhere from 300cr-500cr per tonne, take it to a low population famine system, you can sell it for over 3000cr per tonne.

@Stealthie - Gotta keep those troops happy with liquor and hookers, 5$, love ya long time.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ireland was exporting food during the 1845 Potato famine. Maybe the aristocrats in that system are profiteering at the expense of the poor starving masses. Perfectly historically legitimate.

Etc.

Alcohol fixes all problems. Thought everyone new that.

Top Bottom