Oh well...I guess I'm totally finished with this game then.

DeletedUser191218

D
So I play on PS4. Tried to jump on tonight after a few months away. Save data is totally corrupt. I tried backed up data. Still crashing. So, as a test, i delete the save from my system (backup data still online) and launch a new game. Works fine so defo corrupt save file. Download the original save file and try launching again.....sidewinder and 1,000 credits. Somehow it copied over the online save AND system save (even though i switched off auto uploading specifically to avoid this).

I can't unlock all those engineers again. So I'm out. I'd offer you to haz my stuff...but I lost it all.

They will not be able to restore your previous CMDR but they could unlock the engineers, restore the credits and refill your materials on the new CMDR but you need to provide the info about what you had before.

So I play on PS4. Tried to jump on tonight after a few months away. Save data is totally corrupt. I tried backed up data. Still crashing. So, as a test, i delete the save from my system (backup data still online) and launch a new game. Works fine so defo corrupt save file. Download the original save file and try launching again.....sidewinder and 1,000 credits. Somehow it copied over the online save AND system save (even though i switched off auto uploading specifically to avoid this).

I can't unlock all those engineers again. So I'm out. I'd offer you to haz my stuff...but I lost it all.
That's hard. Damn, I hope they can restore your stuffz.

So what you’re saying is(in a Cathy Newman voice) I should log onto my PS4 profile every once in a while? I moved to PC in February and had to start over, but I don’t feel like loosing my PS4 CMDR’s stuff

See - this is the sort of attitude I don't understand. There is no progress as such in this game. It's a sim - sort of - like flight sims and such. The object is just to enjoy the experience. So you lose some stuff - so what? So you have to engineer again - so what? You will be playing the game to do that and that is the object of the game - to play it. There's no competition to win. There's no leaderboard, or prize for the winner, no end game, none of that. You play it for the experience and when the experience becomes boring you leave it for a while. And if you end up starting your run again from the beginning - so what? You're playing the game and that is the purpose - there is no other.

And besides, it actually doesn't take long to do it all again now that you know how. In fact, it actually gives you a goal and something to work towards. An additional reason to play.

Anyway, of course everybody plays their own way and for their own reasons - I'm just sayin' - I don't see the problem. Just play the game as you would have anyway and you will find that suddenly you are back to where you were when it all went bad. And probably had some fun in the process.

Hope Support can sort it out for you, but understand the frustration Elite is a true Love Hate relationship.

See - this is the sort of attitude I don't understand. There is no progress as such in this game. It's a sim - sort of - like flight sims and such. The object is just to enjoy the experience. So you lose some stuff - so what? So you have to engineer again - so what? You will be playing the game to do that and that is the object of the game - to play it. There's no competition to win. There's no leaderboard, or prize for the winner, no end game, none of that. You play it for the experience and when the experience becomes boring you leave it for a while. And if you end up starting your run again from the beginning - so what? You're playing the game and that is the purpose - there is no other.

I genuinely don't understand how you can't grasp the idea that losing all your ingame progress is a bad thing. I've got over two years invested in this game, if I lost all that progress through no fault of my own I'd be more than just irked.

If I want to start again, I'll do it on my terms.

Last edited:
Yep - I get that you are p...ed. But for me, and I realise that you are different and all that, it is the gameplay that I enjoy. Gear or no gear. To me, there is no such thing as "progress". Since there is no end game or end goal how can the concept of progress have any meaning? Progress towards what exactly?

And besides, it actually doesn't take long to do it all again now that you know how. In fact, it actually gives you a goal and something to work towards. An additional reason to play.

Anyway, of course everybody plays their own way and for their own reasons - I'm just sayin' - I don't see the problem. Just play the game as you would have anyway and you will find that suddenly you are back to where you were when it all went bad. And probably had some fun in the process.

And then he said... "It actually doesn't take that long..."
5bf.jpg

Eh, if you like playing ironman it's fine but doing the entire grind again, rank, mats, reputation and then leveling up with the engineer, no thank you especially when one lost it all due to a corrupt save file.

DeletedUser191218

D
They will not be able to restore your previous CMDR but they could unlock the engineers, restore the credits and refill your materials on the new CMDR but you need to provide the info about what you had before.

I'd expect they should be able to. Data must be archived. No tech company in the world wouldn't back up things like this. It would be a recipe for disaster.

Top Bottom