Ok, I've found something new I want bad

Hello, Juscuz. :)

Seems like a fine idea, although I'm not certain ED is big-name enough for Metal Earth. I'd love to build a Cobra III, an Asp (in gold, naturally), a Coriolis station or one of the new Thargoid ships - I'm sure the results would look fantastic. :)

(BTW, to anyone considering buying Metal Earth's models, I suggest investing in a few pairs of appropriately-sized latex gloves. I sliced my fingers far too often building the R2-D2 model.)

I've got some of the aircraft kits that they have online. They were lots of fun to put together, but I would HIGHLY recommend using tweezers and gloves if you don't want to end up with dozens of cuts and scratches on your hands.

If I found out they were selling ED-themed kits, I would definitely buy some of them.

Thinking a bit more, are there any plastic model kits of ships from ED? If not, someone better get on that. If we don't get space legs soon, I'm going to start demanding my 1:72 scale cut-away Cobra III model with a full interior, dammit!

Put this thread necromancy down as a "shower thought", but if Bandai has licensing agreements with movies, tv shows and video games (largely from Japan), why don't Frontier have a chat with that other august UK establishment-- Airfix?

Either that or I'm going to go broke buying Airfix kits so I can bash them all together to make some Lakon ship in 1/72...

Put this thread necromancy down as a "shower thought", but if Bandai has licensing agreements with movies, tv shows and video games (largely from Japan), why don't Frontier have a chat with that other august UK establishment-- Airfix?
Yes please. Thread necromancy approved. Maybe we can get a few special Humbrol paints that match the in-game paint to come with the kits?
Either that or I'm going to go broke buying Airfix kits so I can bash them all together to make some Lakon ship in 1/72...
For your sake, I hope you aren't planning on making anything bigger than the AspX. You might need to downscale to 1:144 for the Chieftain family, and the Type 7/9/10 would probably need to be done in 1:288 or 1:350.

dxm55

Banned
You could probably make your own Papercraft elite ships if you were a handy 3DS Max user.

Once you've replicated the ship models, and then generated the textures on a UV map, you can then print out the texture map on a laser color printer and then cut them up and glue them together.

But you'll need to use more paper for tabs to glue the parts together though.....

Yes please. Thread necromancy approved. Maybe we can get a few special Humbrol paints that match the in-game paint to come with the kits?

For your sake, I hope you aren't planning on making anything bigger than the AspX. You might need to downscale to 1:144 for the Chieftain family, and the Type 7/9/10 would probably need to be done in 1:288 or 1:350.

Hey, if Wingnut Wings can make a fully detailed 1/32 scale Avro Lancaster with complete engines and internal structures...

But I've got a whole bunch of funky paints from Green Stuff World that are perfect matches for the Iridescent paintjobs.

Top Bottom