OK (subjective), but why do I have to park in supercruise to use the FSS?

Is there a reason I can't just do this in normal space, since, ya know, that is basically parked anyway and we have the different HUD modes, or is this just an oversight of some sort?

Of course I would prefer other options to target and scan systems from an FPV while piloting my ship, but regardless, why is this the way it is, and will (hopefully) Frontier refine some of these mechanics in the future, please?

Maybe it uses warped space somehow? You know, using warp space as carrier for above light-speed signal transfer? Or maybe slightly greasy sulphur atoms? Neutrino drift?

:D S

Well, at least it is something to do in Supercruise. Maybe we could get the zero throttle limiter removed, so people can complain on the forum that clicking moving objects is really hard.

Play smarter, but either way, this is the game we have to work with, right? Just wondering if there is an actual reason for this.

And these have to be resolved using the FSS? Sorry, I've been out in the black for a year and a half, and before then for the most part as well. Not much going on in most of the systems I bother to FSS.

Cheers.
Yes and no. You can just target them but thats in supercruise too so im assuming that may be why

And these have to be resolved using the FSS? Sorry, I've been out in the black for a year and a half, and before then for the most part as well. Not much going on in most of the systems I bother to FSS.

Cheers.

Or is there?!

Cheers.

They can be, but you don't have to if you aren't interested in them, and to be honest they do tend to clutter the system map a bit, I would prefer a different mechanic for resolving USS as they are only relevant to particular activities and strictly speaking could be left off the exploration menu as it were, maybe you should switch to combat mode to view USS's.

Is there a reason I can't just do this in normal space, since, ya know, that is basically parked anyway and we have the different HUD modes, or is this just an oversight of some sort?

Of course I would prefer other options to target and scan systems from an FPV while piloting my ship, but regardless, why is this the way it is, and will (hopefully) Frontier refine some of these mechanics in the future, please?

It has to do with the fact that the spawning of instances and RNG rolls for planetary bodies only occurs in the "Supercruise" instance. Normal space is one type of instance layer, supercruise is another and hyperspace is a third.

transitioning to and from supercruise is a load screen, I think anyone of us here who are experiencing all the black adders, scarlet kraits and yellow sidewinders can see that by the fact that we are getting stuck when jumping to and from supercruise.

So all the exploration gameplay mechanics operate in the supercruise instance and thus load there. Doing it from normal space would require that you load things across instances, which as we've seen from people who try to supercruise to another star system, it doesn't exist until you actually transition, nothing is loaded. So just because you can lock onto a planet in normal space, doesn't mean it's actually loaded. Much in the same way you lock onto stars from the system map, you can lock onto the point representing that system in your location, but the system and all it's contents are not loaded.

this is why the FSS doesn't work in normal space, because there is nothing to render or load it's just points on the skybox.

Top Bottom