OK ... This is now a problem

Mauve Adder / Taupe Cobra / Orange Sidewinder

This is happening to everyone in heavily populated systems with a ton of fleet carriers such as Col 285 sector cc-k a38-2.

All of the issues in the issue tracker are being answered with the same boxed response of "invalid" with a link on how to improve your connection.

This is most certainly not a connection issue on our end.

Surely the devs are aware of this issue. But this is now a problem. I am very patient but my patience is starting to wear thin.

At least let us know that this is being worked on. A little communication goes a long way.

**Edit
This seems to be affecting console players more than PC... But if you are on PC and experiencing these same issues please throw your voice in.

**Edit 2
It does appear that Fdev are aware of this issue and it will possibly be addressed in the upcoming patch notes. They should be posted Monday.

Last edited:
I think we should be allowed to destroy fleet carriers, pesky clutter.
I had repeated fails last night and stopped trying after an hour. Really frustrating.
Sorry to hear that... I think we need to be very vocal about this just until we know that they know that this is a very large issue.

Me too. FD sould test their **** on less than ideal networking situations.

*gear

Yeah, I have always wondered about this - I;ve always assumed they test it over a local network, and if it's ok, they just say - yeah that's fine.

However, now, they are mostly working from home, so how would that work? they must be using the actual internet for it - I would guess they all have pretty great connections but still - they must be getting forced into using less than perfect connections now so what gives?

I go to Ltd spots for money so that I don't have to go to Ltd spots ... It's a vicious cycle lol
There's other ways though, especially if too many players crowded in the same space is causing issues. I've picked up about 3 billion since March, none of it through mining. Seems like a lot of players buying a fleet carrier don't take it out of the system they buy it in anyway (or take it to go and do the same thing they were doing before they bought it), so you have to ask if all this is worth it.

If it's not for a fleet carrier, there's definitely ways of getting hold of credits that don't involve dodging a rainbow of snakes.

Have you tried following their advice?
I don't know what that advice was, but have you tried port forwarding f.ex?
It's not a network issue it's a widespread issue involving memory capacity / network stability on the server side in heavily populated systems with lots of fleet carriers. But to answer your question yes I humored their advice... And no it didn't do anything.

There's other ways though, especially if too many players crowded in the same space is causing issues. I've picked up about 3 billion since March, none of it through mining. Seems like a lot of players buying a fleet carrier don't take it out of the system they buy it in anyway (or take it to go and do the same thing they were doing before they bought it), so you have to ask if all this is worth it.

If it's not for a fleet carrier, there's definitely ways of getting hold of credits that don't involve dodging a rainbow of snakes.
True there are different ways of making money... Just not as efficiently... Also I like "rainbow of snakes" my new favorite phrase...

On PC my game is quite stable, even in carrier heavy systems.
Not so much on XB where i get a quite amount of Orange Sidewinders (i have to completely quit the game to get out of the Orange loop) or the occasional Mauve Adder

Edit: same home network with 500 mbps fiber link connection. PC is using Wireless AC network and the XB is using wired gigabit connection.

Top Bottom