OK... We know it is is borked, but...

at this point, the only thing i want from fdev is to release a dedicated server and update the client to allow us to connect to an arbitrary dedicated server vs the official servers if we want. The dedicated server should ideally be a linux application but if necessary, it could at least be wine compatible.

The dedicated server would then be able to be configured how we want (including adding systems or creating custom replacements for existing ones) and adding mods to the client that override specific targetted things like missions, ai routines, all names/text, ui, commodities etc, ships, etc..

that's all they need to do at this point. No need to want this or that tiny thing.. give us this and everyone can have everything they want (except the pvp only crowd...that would require an entirely new game client/server stack)

oh and missions to board megaships and the like to power up their reactors, put out fires, kill scavengers, scavenge, kill more scavengers. One coulf fight one's way through other ships, you know like a space battle, then board the ship to complete the mission on foot... that sort of thing

And of course, we'll need one for the Empire as well:

Liven_AA.jpg

Back on topic:
I would like to see PP get an overhaul, more about conflict and takeover than expansion as the powers have built now. I would need to speak to the guru first though, to gain approval and sample some of his delights.
BGS as well, i'm not as well versed these days but always first love.
Then lore / story stuff tied to all things it can be, plants, clans, goids and many others...
All the things really though that are fun and have something to them.

I speak for myself, but really all I want is it to be playable to start with and for them to deliver on what they promised.
  • stable FPS
  • Some kind of response on the botched planet tech. so far there has been 0 meaningful response (which is very telling btw)
  • clear blue sky - like the steam footage show.
  • fix color pallet and lighting / lighting effect

Most of the planets atmospheres I land on tend to be blue. What is your experience?

I want...

MUST STOP WRITING WISH LIST TOO BIG.

All that potential, lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed that they basically ignored everything and just had a nice time playing the game on last night's live stream. A missed opportunity to perhaps answer some questions honestly

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
VR - seated mode with stereoscopic headlook and mouse (or controller, or even HOTAS) aim.

And more integration of the foot parts with the main game, material to be interchangable - find data for ship upgrades in stations computers, materials for gun upgrades on ground

let me open a cargo box of personal weapons and take out a weapon (not upgraded, and not upgradeable at all - my headcanon why our guns are so expensive)

Did I mention VR?
Yeah, VR would be great is expected.

Last edited:
An actual expansion.

What i got right now feels like the beginning stages of development.
it feels like a grab bag of half thought out ideas, quickly pasted together, the team that was working on Exobiology has made some amazing organics to encounter, but interaction with them is not well thought out, and has no extra gameplay. The FPS elements, while fun?, are about a decade behind everyone else's fps ideas, Character graphics are basic, we do not even have emotes, bodies are not lootable and AI is offensively stupid. mission gameplay, in general, feels like such a mixed bag of stuff, none of it coherently linked to the original game. BUGS, CRASHES, a lighting and texturing system that should be quietly taken off to its happy place never to be seen again. Yes at the right angle at the right hour on the right planet, it can look pretty, but it should be looking pretty for the entire game. (and as some have noted, some of the new procedural textures and surface maps look very tyled

Top Bottom