Horizons Old Probe or Nav Beacon? With The Markings RF-78

Found this on the planet well heading out into deep space. It has the markings RF-78 and gives of a single.

Tried using the data scanner all it did is say public on the target panel.

Not sure what to do with it. tried shooting it run into it and nothing.

Two screenshots here.
SdiQh2T.jpg
aRFeb55.jpg
uKcoKp7.jpg

Video of taking a look around it.
[video=youtube;dXCh7AQBtfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXCh7AQBtfM[/video]

5 minute record of the single it's broadcasting
[video=youtube;lmoN8kzUMAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmoN8kzUMAY[/video]

Last edited:
I found on on a hi metal moon in beta hydri- looked just like that

(...hmm same color ground, too)

Had creepy musical sounds coming from it- got my canopy really close to get it all. And this one was data scannable

no shadowplay of it (this time)

In Beta Horizons I found several like this in Merope- but they couldn't scan (conspiracy!)

Found out it's just a Nav Beacon.:( Never really looked at one close up before. It's quite far from the bubble around 2000 LY from SOL. I know the Beacons give off Morse Code of system name, but this sounds broken, sick, and creepy.

I found one like that and got very confused. I then targeted and scanned it with the data link scanner. Did you try that?
When the scan completed it said a data point package was created, but I had no idea where it went.
Eventually I noticed I had it in the transactions tab, said something like "Data point package for Federation" or something like that, worth around 5k credits.
Handed in to contact at a station, just like a bounty.

I have found one of these crashed around 1,000LY from sol. It was not making nosies though. It did have a data point and I could scan it for federation points. I have also found a crashed satellite around 1,000LY away too. Looked like it was from the 21st century. Very interesting, I have also found some 'alien pods' on a small moon near a star, but ill be making a thread about them show some screenies i got.

I have found one of these crashed around 1,000LY from sol. It was not making nosies though. It did have a data point and I could scan it for federation points. I have also found a crashed satellite around 1,000LY away too. Looked like it was from the 21st century. Very interesting, I have also found some 'alien pods' on a small moon near a star, but ill be making a thread about them show some screenies i got.

Oh aalien pods!
Keep us informed ☺

Actually, this was the only object I found so far where I could use the Data Link to retrieve data, mostly because finding POI's at the moment is quite broken. So I just happened to stumble upon this while gathering materials.
Unfortunately, I couldn't actually use the Data Link on it because it wouldn't scan.. It was only after I had left that area that I learned about the "Fire deploys hardpoints" bug regarding the Link Scanner operation...

Top Bottom