Omega Mining Operations has almost no mining equipment for sale

Is the mining operation going to be out of Omega, or closer to Colonia?

Saw something to the effect that WP1-5 is the journey out, and WP6-9 was the CG. Given Jaques is much closer to the core, that actually made sense.

I did find a lot of Platinum hots spots yesterday in the rings of an HMC. I think I counted 5. Just a few jumps from Omega.

Last edited:
Hmmm. The post announcing the CG's was quite explicit and clear.

The Station at WP 2 will have Outfitting available, where mining-gear can be bought or transferred to, so nobody needs to drag the gear with them.

Emphasis mine. Of course, he could have been wrong. Or right, and that stuff is only available during the aforementioned CG; sometimes gear has been buyable only during a CG. (That's how I got my Clipper back in the day without empire rank grind, a long time ago.) I'll wait and see.

Anyway, I wasn't necessarily going to be doing a lot of mining. At best I had toyed with the idea to get more into the spirit of DW2. But, frankly, at the best of times I find mining unenjoyable, and if the suggestion is I need a significant time investment and jump many, many thousands of lightyears to facilitate my ability to shoot rocks ... well, the offer is one I decline with thanks. :D In that scenario I'd go do something else for a week.

Just arrived myself.

It takes 15h 18m to transfer a module with a cost roughly equal to 33% of said module's value. You should earn a lot more than that through exploration data just making the journey

Good luck Commanders
o7

Hi FDEV is there any confirm on whether mining gear will be made available once the CG kicks off at Omega? A LOT of players turning up surprised to find no gear for refit (yes, despite being warned there might not be) Would be great to get confirmation either way so players can schlep to nearest system if necessary before it begins.

Thanks so much

I forgot to buy/store all the new mining gear in my final preparation rush (was still unlocking engineers the day before). Luckily my basic mining outfit is all ready and transferred to Omega (prospector, collector, refinery, cargo racks, mining lasers). Stuffed if the CG will require mining the new minerals though. So do I make a "quick" run to Rohini tonight or not...?

In EVE, mining locales don't carry mining gear either. Well they do, but they aren't stocked by the stations. They're provided by the gankers who gank the miners and sell their gear back to them. They purchase it because it's easier to buy it back right there, then travel all the way back.

The point being, Mining Stations tend to be for extraction and/or refining. They are backwater systems, often on the frontier with little in the way of services, or comfort. Often the things they'd have, would be stockpiled ahead of time or imported via supply ships.

"Weekend beginning 18th Jan, arrive at;

★ Omega Mining Operation (Asteroid Base) - GalMap Ref: Omega Sector VE-Q b5-15

Commanders taking part in the Mining-CG need to deliver their mined materials to the Omega
Mining Operation Asteroid Base (make sure you are signed up to the CG before making deliveries!)."

Colour me confused

Theres nothing confusing.

CG 1, waypoint 2, this Thusrday: We collect materials for building the station near Sag A.

CG 2, waypoint 7: We collect more materials to improve the services of the newly built station.

The point being, Mining Stations tend to be for extraction and/or refining. They are backwater systems, often on the frontier with little in the way of services, or comfort. Often the things they'd have, would be stockpiled ahead of time or imported via supply ships.

From a RP standpoint I think this is different. Omega officials knew months before that a grand fleet is going to come and stay in their system for more than a week, undertaking a huge mining operation. Would make a lot of sense to stock up on everything, including mining gear, before that. Lots of credits to be made for such a small system. Imagine the bad press if the fleet turns up and finds a depleted base with not much to buy, requiring parts of the fleet to turn around and run back to where it started. Not good.

Last edited:
From a RP standpoint I think this is different. Omega officials knew months before that a grand fleet is going to come and stay in their system for more than a week, undertaking a huge mining operation. Would make a lot of sense to stock up on everything, including mining gear, before that. Lots of credits to be made for such a small system. Imagine the bad press if the fleet turns up and finds a depleted base with not much to buy, requiring parts of the fleet to turn around and run back to where it started. Not good.

Harks back to the Gold Rush days too - enterprising individuals in frontier mining towns grew very rich selling supplies and equipment to the miners instead of heading for the hills themselves.

I came out assuming they'd update Omega to stock mining gear, but now I'm pretty leery it's going to happen. If I have a fully stocked mining Asp back home in the bubble (V595 Lyrae), how much time does it take and how much money does it take to transfer my mining Asp over to Rohini to use in the CG? I know they having mining stuff at Rohini to buy, however there are no Pulse Wave Scanners there from my research.

Top Bottom