Omega Mining Operations has almost no mining equipment for sale

Thanks for checking this, the outfitting situation at Omega definitely needs looking at. I'm not on DW2 but I will be flying out to participate in the CGs. I'll make sure I have all the gear I need in storage before I head out just in case.

I've stored some stuff for transfer from the bubble, but I'm also carrying a basic mining setup in my 53Ly Krait MkII. No AFMU, and no collector controller, just a prospector module, refinery, seismic launcher and abrasion blaster. Shields, 64T cargo, fuel scoop, surface scanner and SRV also carried. Should be good enough :)

Might be an idea for CMDRs intending to mine at the CG who are already en-route to turn back and equip/store modules if they haven't prepared for this...

Yours Aye

Mark H

During the preparation of Distant Worlds 2 FDev has been asked to provide decent modules at both mining-CG-locations. Perhaps (hopefully) the availability at Omega will change on Thursday. For the second CG there will be a station with all landing pads, Outfitting with decent mining equipment (98 % sure) and no Shipyard. That is the last info the organisers have from FDev.

Hang on a sec. There's no shipyard on both CGs locations?

I was planning on transfering my mining Python to CG stations. Oh my, i'm doomed...

Last edited:

I was planning on transfering my mining Python to CG stations. Oh my, i'm doomed...

RTFM :p

Now hop back to the Bubble, strip your Python and store the gear.

Or hop over to Rohini and get your ship transferred. That's only 2.500 ly over that way. Turn left at the Blue Giant.

According to eddb.io Omega Mining Operations doesn't have size 5 or 6 cargo racks either.

So on my explorer build Krait phantom I'll have to ship the cargo racks (if I have them in storage), a size 6 or greater pp and pd (both of these have been downsized for increased jump range) plus all the other associated mining gear.

Should be fun. :(

According to eddb.io Omega Mining Operations doesn't have size 5 or 6 cargo racks either.

So on my explorer build Krait phantom I'll have to ship the cargo racks (if I have them in storage), a size 6 or greater pp and pd (both of these have been downsized for increased jump range) plus all the other associated mining gear.

Should be fun. :(

We were only promised a selection of mining gear. But if it satisfies you, a week ago (haven't been able to grab much game time since then), they were selling 6A fuel scoops :S.

Welp, that's too bad. I wasn't planning on doing mining until the last minute, and threw together a Python to transfer as an afterthought.

Guess I'll slow down and enjoy the view instead of participating in the mining.

FD has been made aware of the lack of decent mining gear at Omega. Crossing fingers that they get it fixed until thursday.

A little further up the Colonia road, there's a station at Rohini that has a shipyard. I'm going to transfer my T9 up there. If I recall it's about 20 hours or so transfer time there.

Top Bottom