On the Inclusion of Birds

I seen pelicans mentioned previously as well. These would make a great choice also. It’s tough to determine which species of birds will be in game assuming of course aviary dlc happens. Still many great habitat species also emu,cossowarry, penguins,maribou stork,shoebill, ibis,ect.

Well hopefully the kiwi will grace the roster in game. It’s probably a stretch with so many more popular bird species.
I'd like to see it, purely because you can't build a zoo in New Zealand without it. Granted I don't think it could be done justice without indoor lighting or some way to make a nocturnal house (yes, yes, the aardvark is nocturnal too, but it's not the same by any measure as far as zoos are concerned), but I'd accept its presence purely so I could build a New Zealand zoo.

I seen pelicans mentioned previously as well. These would make a great choice also. It’s tough to determine which species of birds will be in game assuming of course aviary dlc happens. Still many great habitat species also emu,cossowarry, penguins,maribou stork,shoebill, ibis,ect.
There are indeed a lot of birds that would be great inclusions. Though they are common, I'd love to see the helmeted guinea fowl. They can really bring together an African savannah area. That and the grey crowned crane, or as you say, the maribou stork or shoebill.

Ironically the magpie goose was one of my favourite animals in the Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection as well - it would be fun to see that make a return (though there are other Australian species I'd want first).

My dream expansion pack (as a NZ'er, but currently a traitor living in Sydney!) would be an NZ one, that also brought aviaries in! I'd expect to see at least 10 NZ birds to make it worthwhile though. I'm sure they could do kiwis, perhaps they could be an exhibit that is mostly darkened, but with a small viewing slot? Regardless, the kiwi is only one NZ bird. We have so many others that deserve attention too <3

Oh, and the Tuatara too. Please add them to exhibits :D

I would love to see cranes (any and all species), storks, pelicans, and all types of waterfowl. We have ostrich, so emu, rhea and cassowary would also be great.

And I also love all types of hornbills. They may not need full flight animations for PZ. Maybe flapping wings while hoping from perch to perch would be cool.

Same for parrots. Oh so many parrot species .........

My dream expansion pack (as a NZ'er, but currently a traitor living in Sydney!) would be an NZ one, that also brought aviaries in! I'd expect to see at least 10 NZ birds to make it worthwhile though. I'm sure they could do kiwis, perhaps they could be an exhibit that is mostly darkened, but with a small viewing slot? Regardless, the kiwi is only one NZ bird. We have so many others that deserve attention too <3

Oh, and the Tuatara too. Please add them to exhibits :D
Honestly as far as NZ animals are concerned, simply including the Kiwi and the Tuatara would be enough to fudge a realistic New Zealand zoo. More would be great, but then we could all make lists too long to ever read about the animals we ideally want included, from any country or continent.

Top Bottom