PvP "On the Loose" - FGS vs Mamba (Replicant vs Feisty Goat)

The Replicated Man

T
Was on patrol yesterday when I spotted CMDR Feisty Goat in Deciat. Now this CMDR had been ganking and was wanted with a juicy bounty on his head.

Come to find out he is a member of (DUMB) which is Harry Potter's Squadron. Big Props to this CMDR for standing his ground and fighting. Most just run away or try and drop a wing on you.

Mr Goat was running a typical "Ganking" setup on his mamba. All Frags and a Bunch of skill boosters.

I am running my heavy FGS with my triple booster setup (475mj)

Hope you guys enjoy the video :)

Source:
Source: https://youtu.be/VDShsQjIH1A

The Replicated Man

T
Man, I forgot that one. Been a while since I played and it actually made me laugh out loud when I figured it out
So many good terms people have coined over the years.

Reverski Lord
Skill Booster
Loggo
What are you a member of 12.5?
Combat Logger!
You are just salty!
Git Gud
Dunning Kruger

There are 50% more boosters on my Mamba than on my Corvette. Not really sure what else you're supposed to put on the thing now that it rarely melts itself.

Fought a couple of frag Mamba at Shinrarta last time I was in the area; not convinced it's a good platform for frags, at least not against anything that can move. Had one guy run completely out of ammo trying to cut through my Krait...though it would probably have been pretty close otherwise as I had a class six fighter hangar, but forgot crew.

The Replicated Man

T
There are 50% more boosters on my Mamba than on my Corvette. Not really sure what else you're supposed to put on the thing now that it rarely melts itself.

Fought a couple of frag Mamba at Shinrarta last time I was in the area; not convinced it's a good platform for frags, at least not against anything that can move. Had one guy run completely out of ammo trying to cut through my Krait...though it would probably have been pretty close otherwise as I had a class six fighter hangar, but forgot crew.
I am assuming Krait Mk II?

Those things could be considered the best 1v1 ship on the market. They are just so tough when paired with banks.

Even if you feedback a Krait it usually can regen quite a decent portion of it's shield back. Combine that with 5 hardpoints and ramming, they just punish hull tanks.

Been thinking about making one. I currently have a phantom I just use for "In Bubble" transportation, that works quite well.

I remember back when I did fly the MK II that I didn't like the ships flight model or how it handled in FA off.

I am assuming Krait Mk II?

Those things could be considered the best 1v1 ship on the market. They are just so tough when paired with banks.

Even if you feedback a Krait it usually can regen quite a decent portion of it's shield back. Combine that with 5 hardpoints and ramming, they just punish hull tanks.

Been thinking about making one. I currently have a phantom I just use for "In Bubble" transportation, that works quite well.

I remember back when I did fly the MK II that I didn't like the ships flight model or how it handled in FA off.

Yeah, Mk II. Phantom can't carry a fighter hangar.

I've always felt the FDL had the edge in most 1v1s...flight model is a big part of that. The Mk II a slug and relies almost entirely on boosting to be able to move acceptably well and seems to gain less from FA off than most ships. I still prefer it over the Phantom (which is just a lighter Mk II for the purpose of maneuverability) for combat as the ability to carry SLFs and that extra large hardpoint are quite significant.

I don't often use SCBs on my medium (or small) ships. Prefer hybrid setups to overly shield focused ones, and anything below a class 5 SCB is usually not worth the power/mass/heat vs. stronger hull, IMO. A class 6 on the Krait is big enough to really matter though.

The Replicated Man

T
Yeah, Mk II. Phantom can't carry a fighter hangar.

I've always felt the FDL had the edge in most 1v1s...flight model is a big part of that. The Mk II a slug and relies almost entirely on boosting to be able to move acceptably well and seems to gain less from FA off than most ships. I still prefer it over the Phantom (which is just a lighter Mk II for the purpose of maneuverability) for combat as the ability to carry SLFs and that extra large hardpoint are quite significant.

I don't often use SCBs on my medium (or small) ships. Prefer hybrid setups to overly shield focused ones, and anything below a class 5 SCB is usually not worth the power/mass/heat vs. stronger hull, IMO. A class 6 on the Krait is big enough to really matter though.
Exactly! The C6 banks work great when paired with a 5A Prismatic.

I like the FDL, just dislike relying on banks. I like my armored bricks :p

You haven't seen a slug till you fly the Gunship. 418 boost. It's rough.

However the ship can swing itself around quite nicely. It has pretty good yaw/roll axis and awesome firepower. That's why I fly it.
Might give the Krait another chance tho. It's usually a tough fight when I encounter one.

Was on patrol yesterday when I spotted CMDR Feisty Goat in Deciat. Now this CMDR had been ganking and was wanted with a juicy bounty on his head.

Come to find out he is a member of (DUMB) which is Harry Potter's Squadron. Big Props to this CMDR for standing his ground and fighting. Most just run away or try and drop a wing on you.

Mr Goat was running a typical "Ganking" setup on his mamba. All Frags and a Bunch of skill boosters.

I am running my heavy FGS with my triple booster setup (475mj)

Hope you guys enjoy the video :)

Source:
Source: https://youtu.be/VDShsQjIH1A
Nice vid. The FGS is one of my favs. There just aren't enough vids of "The Federal Brick." Plus, the choice of music brought back some pleasant memories of the early 80's / MTV days. Riggs "Radar Rider" would've been a good choice for this too.

Rooks o7

The Replicated Man

T
I have actually been thinking about running a Prismatic setup on the Gunship, just for fun. I would have to overcharge the plant which I don't want to do though.

5A Prismatic
2x C6 Banks.

Who knows, It might work.

Nice to see a Mamba that doesn't just use the nose-go key to peace out when the shields drop.

Is DUMB actually HP's squadron? I thought it was the squadron to join that places you into "do-not-attack" for any Zarek aligned killers. But I have killed many brain cells with Thargoid gitgud juice (or was it whiskey) so I could be mistaken.

Z0.

The Replicated Man

T
Nice to see a Mamba that doesn't just use the nose-go key to peace out when the shields drop.

Is DUMB actually HP's squadron? I thought it was the squadron to join that places you into "do-not-attack" for any Zarek aligned killers. But I have killed many brain cells with Thargoid gitgud juice (or was it whiskey) so I could be mistaken.

Z0.
It's actually Harry's Squadron.

It's actually Harry's Squadron.

Welp, shows what I know. Some Z0 henchman I am :-(

But I blow stuff pretty decently so there's that

EDIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Imma leave the "blow up" typo that Replicant caught because it's hilarious. Like I said, I've been swilling too much whis... err Thargoid gitgud juice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom