One thing is clear after Drew Wagar's event

The press were all over the big Eve events too. People just love to read about this kind of stuff and no doubt Drew and FD are loving the publicity.

FYI, feel free to yell at me directly if you need to—I'm always around and my contact info is all over that article :D

-lee, article author, filthy journalist, alpha backer

Talk for yourself but keep me out. I don't like this kind of stuff.

Makes me wonder why you even click on threads that are about multiplayer and community events.

To leave a comment how you don't like it?

There already is the perfect solution for you: Solo mode, no participation.

- - - Updated - - -

What a depressing statement in a game.

If anything is depressing, it's how people in this thread feel the need to put down what other players consider fun. Are they that insecure about their own enjoyment that they need to constantly ridicule others?

The community craves group events and better group mechanics.

It was actually fascinating watching everyone organize in fleets and taking orders from their superiors. We were all just looking for a new thing to do, a new objective in the game, with other CMDRs, and not care about the dumb NPCs. For a few hours, the galaxy was completely alive and ours. Every system had a stupid amount of CMDRs in it, and they all had some sort of objective. I've personally never seen a Discord channel with voice rooms so packed before. I think every fleet had like 250 CMDRs in it.

I also really hope Frontier learns from this event and recognizes this game's limitations for something like this. This entire chase was only possible because some CMDRs had Salome on their friends list. It's also why SDC were able to pull their stunt, which I think made the book a lot more interesting, but I recognize that we got completely juked by them. Most people couldn't participate even if they wanted to, because they would always be 1-2 systems behind.

If Frontier ever plans on doing something like this, we really need better mechanics. For example, I think Sandro talked about a tracking limpet. That would be a really good start.

Not how I would put it. More like the community craves being asinine and screwing itself over. The community craves demolishing anything that could be even remotely interesting. The community craves being petty.

Deleted member 94277

D
Nothing is more immersion breaking than saying "the target is here! Relog and see if we can get in the same instance!"

Events like this would be lovely but the games entire infrastructure would need changing to accommodate and that wont happen. Big events is not what ED was made for imho.

+1.

Top Bottom