only cc reward community challenge?

This is probably better off in it's own discussion thread, but I think a good option would be a store menu where you can spend CC from franchise mode to buy the animal costumes. Completely ignorable if you're not interested, and available for those (like me) who missed out on a ton of outfits. Especially if you just bought the game recently, you wouldn't even be able to get an animal costume at all. (At the moment, there may or may not be another way to obtain them in the future)

This is probably better off in it's own discussion thread, but I think a good option would be a store menu where you can spend CC from franchise mode to buy the animal costumes. Completely ignorable if you're not interested, and available for those (like me) who missed out on a ton of outfits. Especially if you just bought the game recently, you wouldn't even be able to get an animal costume at all. (At the moment, there may or may not be another way to obtain them in the future)
Like the idea except my suggestion would be a different currency. I think CC should remain a in-game animal market currency.

Community Coins. You earn coins based on your performance in the challenge and able to buy costumes/gold animals/albino from that store.

Edit: and from a business model - able to buy your coins with real cash, so you can buy previous avatar costumes. If you don't have the time or you are not interested in the challenges but are interested in the costumes.

Last edited:
Community Coins. You earn coins based on your performance in the challenge and able to buy costumes/gold animals/albino from that store.
May need a different name lol, the acronym would still be CC and it sounds like it does the exact same thing CC is currently used for -- buying animals (including gold rank and albino), and tbh a lot of animals would be cheaper in franchise than the frontier shop, defeating the purpose. If there was a new currency it would need a unique use, so either using it for only clothes or prevent people from selling albino and gold rank animals in the market (which I'm sure many people wouldn't like)

and from a business model - able to buy your coins with real cash, so you can buy previous avatar costumes. If you don't have the time or you are not interested in the challenges but are interested in the costumes.
I don't think frontier is big on microtransactions like virtual currency, based on their recent games, they seem to just be sticking to DLC (thankfully)

I know, but challenge coins or community coins don't make a difference. :D You know what I mean, so I rather use the same acronym so my point comes across better.
The reason why i suggested it: You can mess up the market if you use the same currency. I don't know what kind of impact this could have but it's a big gamble.
There's a really good reason why many games adopt a similar approach.

Prevent people from selling albino and gold rank animals in the market (which I'm sure many people wouldn't like)
Not convinced about this one. You present them an option. Atm, you can buy Frontier Zoo bronze/silver/gold animals (rare) and not able to sell them either. People are fine with that one too. And some animals are difficult to find or extremely expensive - at least you can enjoy having that animal in your franchise or start a new family tree.

Microtransactions for skins/costumes are fine imo. I have a big issue with microtransactions when it affects the game or basically forces you to buy their currency -
And you don't have to do buy virtual currency, you can still earn them in-game but for some people, who don't like the challenges or have less patience, they have a different option.

None of the Frontier games have this, so I don't expect any of this. But it's good to argue about this. (maybe the suggestions section is a better option :D)
I'm not a big fan of albino animals in my zoo, so I expect spending less time for the community challenge.

How many animals do I need to release for the challenge to receive animals? Is it possible to get more than one albino? What are the thresholds to get more of them?
Also - how can I quickly find 5-star animals in my zoo? Do I need to click on every one, or is there a method to do this?

How many animals do I need to release for the challenge to receive animals? Is it possible to get more than one albino? What are the thresholds to get more of them?
Also - how can I quickly find 5-star animals in my zoo? Do I need to click on every one, or is there a method to do this?
I think you just need to wait and see. I think it's similar to the previous challenges with the gifted animals.

Not sure if you can easily find 5-star animals in your zoo. Most times age for a certain species is something you use.
The longer they are in your zoo - the more likely they have a high star-rating.

Offspring are more likely to have a higher or equal ratings to the parents too I think, and of course medals/stats play a role

These things are in many different games... Like in warcraft, some people never play pvp, but there are some rewards that are only obtainable when playing that mode...

Or in overwatch, where there is 1 week where you can earn a skin, and after that there is no way of getting it.

That doesn't make the idea anything better!
It's like "People, eat more waste - mirriards of flies cannot be wrong!"
(And those ridiculous outfits... gosh! Ok - nice for whoever likes them :) )

Hi ! About the challenge, will we still get rewards if it is not fulfilled ?

We currently are at 55% with only one day left, I read a lot of people not wanting to take part in it because they didn't want albinos animals, but I was happy to have some 😅

I hope we still have some reward for taking part, but I would understand (yet be frustrated lol) if we don't. Thank you for your answer, I'll cross my fingers !

There is, costumes have been replaced with albino animals (and you still get CC)
My question was : would we still get the albino animals if the goal isn't reached ? We are at only 55% and 1 day left.

And I know about the CC, it is great to have some but most of franchise player don't really need CC 😅

My question was : would we still get the albino animals if the goal isn't reached ? We are at only 55% and 1 day left.

And I know about the CC, it is great to have some but most of franchise player don't really need CC 😅
Oh, lol. I'm assuming not unless they decide to do things differently this time. I wouldn't say most franchise players don't need CC rewards though, since they really help out new players and players buying big-ticket animals, although the veterans that have been playing since beta probably don't need CC rewards

Oh, lol. I'm assuming not unless they decide to do things differently this time. I wouldn't say most franchise players don't need CC rewards though, since they really help out new players and players buying big-ticket animals, although the veterans that have been playing since beta probably don't need CC rewards
I am a casual player, own the game since january and I have 140h of play lol, and I already have over 50k CC (and I only started getting CC a months ago). But CC reward is still really a good thing, I play the challenges also for that ! But for once I am in the first tier for releasing 5* animals, I was eager for the animal reward haha

Cc rewards are indeed (for me) useless.. Ive been playing since a few months (so not from the start), and with 2.2 miljon cc you can buy whatever you want. Also the cc gain is so easy at this point, it generates faster than spending, lol (and no, i don't have cc farms)

Realy wish there were more ways to spend cc, like buy tradecentre space, since 50 is still WAY to less :(

Personally I doubt it. What would be the point of completing the challenge, if you hand out rewards if you didn't complete it?

Ofc. could be wrong but I read this comment just as it was posted - since it's the first time we don't know 100% sure yet:
we're currently giving out albino animals to players who complete the challenge

I think we didn't receive any animal rewards for not completing the Indian rhino challenge a long while ago.

We are at only 55% and 1 day left.
Seems that the community is not interested in albinos and was expecting avatar skins... Last challenge was IMO harder but was completed around 2 days before deadline... So it seems that Vox Populi demands hats and clothes to be back. Or anything more appealing than animals only

Also, I agree - CC reward is nothing and I earned more while making the challenge that I would collect as a reward. I starded playing month ago, but I already have enough of them to buy animals I need...

Seems that the community is not interested in albinos and was expecting avatar skins
The problem from what i see on facebook is that no one knows that you get albinos.. The stoped because they only got cc, but the MOST important reason, is that no one seems to know what the 5 star rating is. Seen lots of people complain about releasing animals without counting them. They think it is a bug and stop doing the challenge.

To be honest, I wish there were other types of challenges in stead of 'release/breed x'..

Top Bottom