Only two dinos from Operation Genesis left

With the arrival of Albertosaurus and Ouranosaurus, we've rescued all but two of the OG dinos, the small herbivores Dryosaurus and Homalocephale. Only one small herbivore has been added since launch, the Stygimolich in the Fallen Kingdom DLC, and it's time we had a couple more.

Dryosaurus would be excellent as a basic leaf-eater, not looking remarkable compared to many of the other herbivores which lets it stand out. A bit bigger than the Proceratosaurus and Troodon, can have an alert and flighty nature with quick bird-like movements of its head and body and look around for danger a lot.

Homalocephale is around the same size as the Procerato and Troodon, and its distinctive head shape and slenderness sets it apart from the other three pachycephalosaurids. a cool and cute little addition. It can also be more athletic than its bigger bulkier cousins, moving more gracefully.

Yes! Bonus points if these dinosaurs could chirp more like birds than dinosaurs. It would add a lot in the ambiance of the enclosures.
Plus I could imagine the homalocephale having a very distinct and colorful head and being more tolerant to populations than the other pachys.

THis would be a nice addition if we get a dinosaur pack with only small dinosaurs about the size from Dryosaurus.

I guess it would be cool to bring out a pack including Dryosaurus, Homalocephale and Microceratus.

Shouldn't be the problem. They are oversizing most of the other dinosaurs in the game too.
Except most inaccurately scaled dinosaurs in the game don't owe their reputation to their size... making an oversized Microceratus would be as problematic as making an undersized Giganotosaurus (and we all know how that worked out); why even call it a Microceratus at that point? Why not just call it something else?

Wouldn’t we just end up with Udanoceratops then?

Personally, I would prefer Udanoceratops since it could unique attack animations.
Uh... no... as the picture you posted points out, Udanoceratops is nearly as tall as a human. Even scaled up to Troodon sizes, a Leptoceratops would only be half as tall and half as long as an Udanoceratops...

Last edited:
And Troodon also isn't even a valid genus anymore. It's now Stenonychosaurus. So it's not just the size that's the problem.

Anyhow, yes, Dryosaurus and Homalocephale would be really nice additions. And Dryosaurus has already been rumoured to be added in that supposed leak.
But if any small ceratopsid is added, I'd rather have the cute Psittacosaurus than the ugliest dinosaur in existance that is Leptoceratops or any of it's relatives.

We really need actual Small Herbivores in Evolution. The three Ornithomimosaurs we have are small for dinosaur standards sure, but they're still much larger than a human. Tiny Herbivores like Dryosaurus and Homalocephale could occupy a currently non-existent niche in the roster, and the inclusion of Troodon proves that dinosaurs of similar sizes are possible in the game engine. Despite it not being a hugely-popular choice, I'm also hoping the adorable Psittacosaurus gets added in as well! :giggle: The largest species is around the same size as Evolution's Troodon after all!

I have been waiting for dryosaurus for some time. As of now we currently have NO small herbivores from the Jurassic era and there are plenty of small herbivores from the cretaceous and even triassic that could be added as well. A small dino dlc would be very welcomed especially with dryosaurus in it.

other honorable mentions:

• Hypsilophodon
  • Ornitholestes
  • Dysalotosaurus
  • minmi

I have been waiting for dryosaurus for some time. As of now we currently have NO small herbivores from the Jurassic era and there are plenty of small herbivores from the cretaceous and even triassic that could be added as well. A small dino dlc would be very welcomed especially with dryosaurus in it.

other honorable mentions:

• Hypsilophodon
  • Ornitholestes
  • Dysalotosaurus
  • minmi
Dysalotosaurus is nearly identical to Dryosaurus. It might not even be a valid name. We don't need it if we're getting Dryosaurus.

Top Bottom