Only unhappy people complain

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The ED Connection:
Cheers to the haters, the insomniacs, and me.

Mml9bUV.jpg

🍻
That's good, I'm going to steal it for the state of the game thread, I'll credit you.

Can't let a little joke stand. No, got to to spill bitterness all over it. Wouldn't want people to have fun. No, everybody needs to be miserable. Obsessed with misery. It's getting old real fast.
Not when it's such a terrible analogy, no I cannot.

If everyone was just moaning about changes to how the game plays then your comparison would be valid, for those of us who can't discover the gameplay changes because the game is so unstable as to be literally unplayable it really doesn't work.

You can call it a "little joke" all you want but no, I won't let your dismissal of the fact that I cannot actually play Odyssey as griping over small changes that I subjectively dislike go unanswered.

commander a : I have a broken leg and can't walk.
commander b : Well, I do not have a broken leg and can walk fine. Stop complaining

commander a : I have a broken leg and can't walk.
commander b : Well, I do not have a broken leg and can walk fine. Stop complaining
Commander C : I don't have a broken leg, I don't see a problem. Perhaps you shouldn't have a broken leg ? Here is a video of me running without a broken leg, as you can see, I run fine.

Which leads to
Commander D : Well I have a broken leg. And if you don't, I'm going to break it, and show you how it is. That way, everyone have a broken leg and everybody is sad.

Usually, D and C then start to bicker for a while.

Sorry, you must have missed that thread, it was discussed a few weeks ago.

However, if you’re unhappy and wish to make a complaint, you can proceed to the Ministry of Silly Walks, they will certainly be happy to set you off on the right direction.
Sir, I'd like to remind you that this thread is about "only unhappy people complain".
Please try to focus on the subject. For example, do you feel happy people complain to ? Is it related to the state of unhappiness or not ?

Sir, I'd like to remind you that this thread is about "only unhappy people complain".
Please try to focus on the subject. For example, do you feel happy people complain to ? Is it related to the state of unhappiness or not ?
My deepest apologies if I have discomfited you in any form and caused you to be unhappy or upset and caused you to complain compelled to point this out to me.

Rest assured I will mend my errant behavior.

Strong disagree.

I complain about real world stuff more than video games, and I'm happier than most people I know.

There are two different kinds of complainers. Whiners who live to complain because they're entitled brats, and complainers who want things to change for the better. The latter are the people who get crap done.

Alcohol reveals the truth. I've seen people who claim to be happy sink into a pit of sadness and despair after a few drinks, because their life of denial slaps them in the face the second drunkeness removes their mask. And I've seen stone cold, reserved people who often complain turn into Touchy McFeely. They can't stop hugging people after they drop their guard. That's why I eventually made it a rule to only drink one night a week.

That last paragraph is supposed to be funny btw. So don't take it too serious... Even if it's true.

Criticism often gets conflated with complaints.

I have had lots of criticism for the game over the years. Things I'd like to see improve. Folks have said I'm complaining but I don't really care what people think.

You can be happy and give criticism. Being unhappy takes a lot of emotional energy and a vidya game isn't worth being unhappy about.

Just like folks who are unhappy about this or that Star Wars movie...why bother?

Criticism often gets conflated with complaints.

I have had lots of criticism for the game over the years. Things I'd like to see improve. Folks have said I'm complaining but I don't really care what people think.

You can be happy and give criticism. Being unhappy takes a lot of emotional energy and a vidya game isn't worth being unhappy about.

Just like folks who are unhappy about this or that Star Wars movie...why bother?

The Interwebs

"Rey is a Mary Sue but Luke isn't a Marty Stew!"

FLAME WARS, THE FALL OF NETLURKER

You mean like, unhappy in general? I'm pretty happy with my life overall, and generally pretty happy with Elite. I'd say it's my favorite game, even. You'll still see me complaining about Elite sometimes though, or to put it more generously, providing criticism. Because there are definitely areas where this game can improve, and I like it and would like to see it get even better.

Strong disagree.

I complain about real world stuff more than video games, and I'm happier than most people I know.

There are two different kinds of complainers. Whiners who live to complain because they're entitled brats, and complainers who want things to change for the better. The latter are the people who get crap done.

Alcohol reveals the truth. I've seen people who claim to be happy sink into a pit of sadness and despair after a few drinks, because their life of denial slaps them in the face the second drunkeness removes their mask. And I've seen stone cold, reserved people who often complain turn into Touchy McFeely. They can't stop hugging people after they drop their guard. That's why I eventually made it a rule to only drink one night a week.

That last paragraph is supposed to be funny btw. So don't take it too serious... Even if it's true.
Maybe I'm just too honest in general then.
That, or I drink too much.
I'll need to work on that so that I have secrets to reveal. ;)
Meanwhile, I've been watching some home-brew videos recently, mostly on mead. Might give it a go.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I agree and would start an open letter to have all court sessions in pubs.
I can't handle alcohol, and get tipsy with a glass of wine. When I'm drunk, I can't stop laughing and tell the worst possible joke. They are so bad, they are at the boundary between "random sentence" and "joke". Eventually I stopped drinking because it was very embarrassing.
I wonder what that mean about me.

Anyway, if I had to be judged in a pub, even if I'm proven innocent, they'll still send me to jail for the "jokes".

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom