Open Letter - I want my clonk back

I have a very recent PC Odyssey setup, yeah, I can see good and bad in this DLC/Expansion but I’m enjoying what I can.

Haven’t noticed the fizzle replacing the first part of the Clonk yet, I will keep an ear out!

Clo7nk

I bought NMS 2 weeks ago and I'm having a similar experience so far. I'm on a planet with grass that glows at night, floating bubbles and bizarre flora/fauna hybrids. Don't think it has any clonk though.

Edit: also the next planet over has a cute sort of penguindogs with little moleclaws and a mane of feathers.
I've got several hundred hours in it...I bought it on release, so have been through the whole 'wow...this is it?' bit. Dropped it for over a year until they started that cadence of updates. It gets stale eventually, like all games, but I like being able to come back to it and piddle with each new update.

I treated Elite the same way, honestly, or tried to. The space between updates after that first Horizons drop was too much, though. I'm not much of a socialite, so a lot of the 'make it up as you go' sandbox of Elite doesn't really work for me because the elements are so shallow. You have to have a community to really get beyond the grind and have fun in the long run. Once you've got your three or four favorite ships engineered...there's not much else to do. If you dig experimenting, that buys another fifty hours of grind...

I really want to look forward to EDO, but even with a 'smooth' launch...it looks like more of the same. The graphics is the only thing exciting for me, but I dunno if that will translate to console. Space legs seem neat, but also completely exhaustible in about a week of play, at which point I'm back to staring at supercruise wondering why am I spending 50% of my time traveling in a game that's supposed to be about doing stuff.

FYI, the "clonk" was normally followed by traffic control stating "Docking clamps secured. Deploying ground crew."

1. Has anyone ever seen those docking clamps?????? Are they invisible?
2. Has anyone ever seen the ground crew? Are they invisible?
<mumbles something about my immersion while kicking at a stone on the ground>

FYI, the "clonk" was normally followed by traffic control stating "Docking clamps secured. Deploying ground crew."

1. Has anyone ever seen those docking clamps?????? Are they invisible?
2. Has anyone ever seen the ground crew? Are they invisible?
<mumbles something about my immersion while kicking at a stone on the ground>
Did you check the ship interior to see if they were inside ?
Too soon ?

OK, I'll mention this one more time...

The only "klonk" missing is the stupid one that you heard while you were still in the air , touching nothing. There was no reason for the loud noise that EDH has, and it really annoyed me. The way they do it in EDO is much better!!

Well, the men in the white coats are here, so I gotta go...

OK, I'll mention this one more time...

The only "klonk" missing is the stupid one that you heard while you were still in the air , touching nothing. There was no reason for the loud noise that EDH has, and it really annoyed me. The way they do it in EDO is much better!!

Well, the men in the white coats are here, so I gotta go...
He's out there lurking..
DrDemento.jpg

Top Bottom