OPEN LETTER to the authors of the open letter to FD

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey bros, I honestly LOVE flying around The Bubbs with my oldest (Happy Bday Buddy!), and other family members. I support Fdevs with tons of ARX and multiple account purchases for all my friends, and fam, and yeah things could be better, and things could be worse, I only have to please a 4 year old right now so its whatevs... I support supporting supporters I guess? LOL And I support making things better? I do not support mediocrity but as someone who has spent more money on Star Citizen 💸💸 (ohhhh no he didn't!) than I did on my first home and have been following that [insert whatever you personally want to label it LOL] since my wife wrote Sandi our first check in late 2009/early 2010, well I honestly am not sure if there is mediocrity here. We have like 1000 hours into it (playing at basically a 3-4 year old's pace tho mind you LOL. Lots of trips to random systems, and lots, and lots, and lots of time sitting in the hangar (Sorry if that jacks up your instance Cmdr Bros!). Now that we know about it we try not to do this much. But he has spent HOURS sitting on the pad in Ohm 😟

However, (This is gonna be OT 🚀) I REALLY NEED SOME HELP FOR MY 4 YEAR OLD HERE. Please, someone advise us. I can hope on hangouts or discord. He really, really needs some help and I have tried support multiple times but something is up with my emails from support they keep bouncing.

A SC friend of mine gave him his Gamescom Krait MkII Skin, and we can NOT figure out a way to redeem it 😭

I apologize profusely although I will do anything and everything for my son's adventures and experiences to be as epic as he asks. And, everyday for the last few days he has asked me about this damn paint job. I really do not think there is anyway to actually do this without support's help as with the new implementation with ARX I don't think there is a way to redeem. But he really deserves it as he is the best!

I hate, hate, hate to even ask you guys but he just wants that paint job. It took us forever to get the damn MKII and now we have it, he is just rather sad, I can tell.

PICS/VIDS FOR ATTENTION:

BUMP! I really need help with this :( I have tried support several times and my emails bounce back for some reason. It is his bday present and we stayed up for 2 days/nights pretty much, to get the MK2 so we can get the paint job, and now with the new ARX we can not use it. We also spent $1000 on accounts and ARX for the whole fam and to show our support for FDevs.

Source: https://youtu.be/HNCqC8VZvZw

Source: https://imgur.com/a/gEXqns7
What

Read again, reeaalll slow. Repeat as many times as you need to :)

TLDR: #1 I love this thread. It makes me feel real warm and fuzzy inside. I support making this game better. I support Fdevs. You can support both. #2 My son has a skin for a Krait Mk2 that he got for his BDAY, and he really wants to use it, but we can not figure out how to use it. Our emails to support keep bouncing. #3 My son Commander Gunnar Ly needs some friends to Fly with it.

Pic of the BIRTHDAY Skin that he really, really wants to put on his MKII that him and I just worked forever to get $40MM is a lot of creds is attached.

Source: https://imgur.com/UtrbRiy

Version 3.0 of his Elite Battlestation Fort #PFA

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZvgh37S_qs

Last edited:
Wait, is the OP suggesting Frontier is doing closed negotiations or something with the self-proclaimed "community."

That's the worst game news I've gotten since the FSS was introduced as compulsory exploration game-play. Not a fan of changing ship cosmetics out in the black, but at least that's optional, and I can always play in Solo if I don't want to see other players flashing their arxes at me.
Why not? They did with the Salome thing.

Ok, serious mode on.

Exactly how did your friend give him that exclusive skin? AFAIK those exclusives can only be distributed by specific people. I have a couple of exclusives myself (probably everyone has). IIRC for one of them (a decal) I received a redemption code for the store, one of the others (Christmas paintjob I might have received from a raffle) just turned up one day in my livery menu.
If it's through a redemption code, I wouldn't be too surprised if that doesn't work (yet), as the ED online (out-of-game) store is also still limited to selling ARX. If it was supposed to just turn up, it's probably the same problem - livery just doesn't fully work yet. FD only has a minimum skeleton functionality up. For your son, it will seem like an eternity until it will. I'd hope for Christmas, but wouldn't bet on it.

Serious mode off again, we will return to our unscheduled program shortly.

<Sips> Maybe not.

it's 50/50.. but for real this thread is HILARIOUS. Anyway, if anyone can help us out that would be RAD. We could really use some help here with getting this awesome Gamescome 2019 Krait MK II Livery :cool:

THIS LOOKS LIKE A SICK SKIN WE HAVE AND JUST GOT THE MKII SO IT WOULD BE RAD TO BE ABLE TO PUT IT ON HIS SHIP:

Source: https://imgur.com/UtrbRiy

PAGING @Will Flanagan sent you a few PM's. I figure the worlds most derailed and off topic, menagerie of a thread would be a good of a place as any to try to get some assistance. Also, ever single email I have sent, even to my own ticket gets bounced. Also, having issues with VPN, and connecting and such FYI.

Can anyone TLDR this entire thread btw? I am trying to explain what is goin on here to some friends and fam but I'm not exactly sure anymore what is going on here LOL.

Ok, serious mode on.

Exactly how did your friend give him that exclusive skin? AFAIK those exclusives can only be distributed by specific people. I have a couple of exclusives myself (probably everyone has). IIRC for one of them (a decal) I received a redemption code for the store, one of the others (Christmas paintjob I might have received from a raffle) just turned up one day in my livery menu.
If it's through a redemption code, I wouldn't be too surprised if that doesn't work (yet), as the ED online (out-of-game) store is also still limited to selling ARX. If it was supposed to just turn up, it's probably the same problem - livery just doesn't fully work yet. FD only has a minimum skeleton functionality up. For your son, it will seem like an eternity until it will. I'd hope for Christmas, but wouldn't bet on it.

Serious mode off again, we will return to our unscheduled program shortly.

Oh thank you so much CMDR. I really appreciate the feedback. He went to gamescom for a Star Citizen, but he is a big Star Citizen guy so he just gave it to my son for a birthday present. He doesn't even do much elite right now, sadly.

The instructions were... brb:
Source: https://imgur.com/rLqug4M

LOL sorry that took a minute! It is also super-duper-late here (for me) on Mt Hood, USA :)

Thanks again CMDR :)

Last edited:
There is an often misunderstood difference between "Speaking" and "Talking". For those who do not understand - "Speaking" is the act of verbalizing information that is worthwhile and should be Heard. "Talking" is the act of making noise come from your mouth, that isn't worth "Listening" to.

Which brings us to the difference between "Listening" and "Hearing". "Hearing" is the act of taking in verbal information, processing, understanding and comprehending its meaning. "LIstening" is allowing verbal information to enter your ears, and doing nothing with it.

A good "Spokesperson" will "Speak" when there is something to be told, and good audience will "Hear" what is said. The rest of you lot will simply listen and talk among yourselves.
And here I thought it was the other way round with listening and hearing.

And here I thought it was the other way round with listening and hearing.

IDK but anyone else think this is as funny as I do? I am laughing out loud here and woke up my kid. Hilarious

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUh6qV7biB0

Are you guys generally happy with how the engy's worked out? I have not even attempted to start doing Engineer stuff. I really want to tho. It is just really daunting. Were Commanders upset (huh cant say p1ss3d?) about them when they came out? I honestly was not paying attention then. Was it similar to this situation?

Last edited:
Is this a joke thread or a serious thread dressed in a joke?

Because I don't know if i need to order a pitch fork or open some more popcorn.

I'll check back later with some cheese because of the prospect of decent wine.

It’s Stockholm Syndrome in action because Heaven forbid paying customers expect companies not to repeatedly downgrade their purchases with essentially untested code just thrown out on a Let’s See What Happens basis.

It’s Stockholm Syndrome in action because Heaven forbid paying customers expect companies not to repeatedly downgrade their purchases with essentially untested code just thrown out on a Let’s See What Happens basis.

Implementing some of the petitions dreadful suggestions would represent a massive downgrade.

The instructions were... brb:
LOL sorry that took a minute! It is also super-duper-late here (for me) on Mt Hood, USA :)

Thanks again CMDR :)

Looks like you copied the wrong link... expecting to hear again from you tomorrow (your time, I may be asleep then ;))

Looks like you copied the wrong link... expecting to hear again from you tomorrow (your time, I may be asleep then ;))

giphy.gif

Haha look again :p

:mad:

@work right now. If nobody else jumps in, I'll look at it htis evening from inside the game. At the moment, it looks like these instructions are dating before the ARXed shop update. Good night.

danke schön Cmdr hehe and I think @Will Flanagan got me sorted he is the MAN! Replied super fast. I do love Fdevs that is for sure. Never had a single issue with them, customer service wise and my son and I do a lot of Jurassic Park, and Planet Coaster, and now Planet Zoo!

Also, I do have to say this community is one of the most solid, and all-around active. Again, I do come from a Star-cough-Citizen-cough community though haha so anything is better than that cesspool I imagine.

danke schön Cmdr hehe and I think @Will Flanagan got me sorted he is the MAN! Replied super fast. I do love Fdevs that is for sure. Never had a single issue with them, customer service wise and my son and I do a lot of Jurassic Park, and Planet Coaster, and now Planet Zoo!

Also, I do have to say this community is one of the most solid, and all-around active. Again, I do come from a Star-cough-Citizen-cough community though haha so anything is better than that cesspool I imagine.
You must not have been through too many threads here yet. Bring a hazmat suit.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom