OPEN LETTER to the authors of the open letter to FD

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So if there was something wrong with the game like crap ton of game-breaking bugs that have been around for quite some time, people have absolutely no right whatsoever to raise concern?
They have right to raise concern but they don't have the right to pretend they speak for everyone. An really doing it half public / half private way really does ed off people as well. An keeping the replies from frontier is really a way to maintain what they perceive as their power in elite.

So if there was something wrong with the game like crap ton of game-breaking bugs that have been around for quite some time, people have absolutely no right whatsoever to raise concern?
Engineering was broken for what, 2 days ? Not game breaking, you could play just fine.

Collectors ? 1 day, a little more serious but theres other stuff you can do.

Missions ? Dont scroll all the way down. Bug avoided.

Wow 3 whole bugs, all of them fixed, all of them easily avoidable

Breaking News!

An "unnamed source" today informed us that NOT ONLY did Zac talk to FDev PRIOR to talking to the authors of the Open Letter, but that was also PRIOR to the open letter even being written!

Some are now even saying that the so called "open letter" was in fact a "closed letter" which only later became "open."

While those claims could not be verified, another insider has contacted us to claim that the "open letter" was originally a series of secrete communications between the two parties, and that the open letter was actually one of those correspondences which was released BY ACCIDENT.

These revelations have rocked the player base, and several players have now promised to compose their own "open letters," but then refuse to release them. This has also lead to a backlash from other players who clearly feel that un-released letters just can't be considered "open."

On top of all of this, in a shocking move the PVP Alliance (aka Greifers Anonymous) have published an official press release stating that in retaliation for this situation, they will for the foreseeable future spend all their time PVPing in systems which nobody visits.

Stay tuned for more breaking news right here in Dangerous Discussions!

Shocking!

I should write to my MP!

Wait, is the OP suggesting Frontier is doing closed negotiations or something with the self-proclaimed "community."

That's the worst game news I've gotten since the FSS was introduced as compulsory exploration game-play. Not a fan of changing ship cosmetics out in the black, but at least that's optional, and I can always play in Solo if I don't want to see other players flashing their arxes at me.

Last edited:
Isn't it telling that none of the self-proclaimed spokespeople have spoken up in this thread?

How's that for poor communications!

Absoloutely abysmal! Our spokespeople should communicate better! Sack the lot of them i say!

Pretty sure they have sold us out already. They've got their private deal with FD and now they are laughing at us! Laughing!

:D

Isn't it telling that none of the self-proclaimed spokespeople have spoken up in this thread?

How's that for poor communications!

Absoloutely abysmal! Our spokespeople should communicate better! Sack the lot of them i say!

Pretty sure they have sold us out already. They've got their private deal with FD and now they are laughing at us! Laughing!

:D

There is an often misunderstood difference between "Speaking" and "Talking". For those who do not understand - "Speaking" is the act of verbalizing information that is worthwhile and should be Heard. "Talking" is the act of making noise come from your mouth, that isn't worth "Listening" to.

Which brings us to the difference between "Listening" and "Hearing". "Hearing" is the act of taking in verbal information, processing, understanding and comprehending its meaning. "LIstening" is allowing verbal information to enter your ears, and doing nothing with it.

A good "Spokesperson" will "Speak" when there is something to be told, and good audience will "Hear" what is said. The rest of you lot will simply listen and talk among yourselves.

There is an often misunderstood difference between "Speaking" and "Talking". For those who do not understand - "Speaking" is the act of verbalizing information that is worthwhile and should be Heard. "Talking" is the act of making noise come from your mouth, that isn't worth "Listening" to.

Which brings us to the difference between "Listening" and "Hearing". "Hearing" is the act of taking in verbal information, processing, understanding and comprehending its meaning. "LIstening" is allowing verbal information to enter your ears, and doing nothing with it.

A good "Spokesperson" will "Speak" when there is something to be told, and good audience will "Hear" what is said. The rest of you lot will simply listen and talk among yourselves.

But our spokespeople are not speaking or talking! There is only deafening silence!

Also, if they don't tell me what I want to hear, i'm going to gank people in solo until they do!

Hey bros, I honestly LOVE flying around The Bubbs with my oldest (Happy Bday Buddy!), and other family members. I support Fdevs with tons of ARX and multiple account purchases for all my friends, and fam, and yeah things could be better, and things could be worse, I only have to please a 4 year old right now so its whatevs... I support supporting supporters I guess? LOL And I support making things better? I do not support mediocrity but as someone who has spent more money on Star Citizen 💸💸 (ohhhh no he didn't!) than I did on my first home and have been following that [insert whatever you personally want to label it LOL] since my wife wrote Sandi our first check in late 2009/early 2010, well I honestly am not sure if there is mediocrity here. We have like 1000 hours into it (playing at basically a 3-4 year old's pace tho mind you LOL. Lots of trips to random systems, and lots, and lots, and lots of time sitting in the hangar (Sorry if that jacks up your instance Cmdr Bros!). Now that we know about it we try not to do this much. But he has spent HOURS sitting on the pad in Ohm 😟

However, (This is gonna be OT 🚀) I REALLY NEED SOME HELP FOR MY 4 YEAR OLD HERE. Please, someone advise us. I can hope on hangouts or discord. He really, really needs some help and I have tried support multiple times but something is up with my emails from support they keep bouncing.

A SC friend of mine gave him his Gamescom Krait MkII Skin, and we can NOT figure out a way to redeem it 😭

I apologize profusely although I will do anything and everything for my son's adventures and experiences to be as epic as he asks. And, everyday for the last few days he has asked me about this damn paint job. I really do not think there is anyway to actually do this without support's help as with the new implementation with ARX I don't think there is a way to redeem. But he really deserves it as he is the best!

I hate, hate, hate to even ask you guys but he just wants that paint job. It took us forever to get the damn MKII and now we have it, he is just rather sad, I can tell.

PICS/VIDS FOR ATTENTION:

BUMP! I really need help with this :( I have tried support several times and my emails bounce back for some reason. It is his bday present and we stayed up for 2 days/nights pretty much, to get the MK2 so we can get the paint job, and now with the new ARX we can not use it. We also spent $1000 on accounts and ARX for the whole fam and to show our support for FDevs.

Source: https://youtu.be/HNCqC8VZvZw

Source: https://imgur.com/a/gEXqns7

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191005_074747_2.jpg
    MVIMG_20191005_074747_2.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 169
  • MVIMG_20191005_074812~2.jpg
    MVIMG_20191005_074812~2.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 178
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom