Open Letter to the Thargoids

Happy Birthday Bran!

Also ...

Dear Thargoids

I know you've interdicted a lot of humans now but perhaps you remember our meeting on the 8th January 3303?
I was the one who chased you in an Imperial Courier and attempted to send you some Fuel?
[video=youtube_share;v_1pDGSXk6w]https://youtu.be/v_1pDGSXk6w[/video]
No? Well I guess you meet a lot of people.
Anyway, I represent an organisation known as the Fuel Rats and I just wanted to extend the offer of our services to your species.
Should you ever run out of fuel (your ships do use fuel right?) then simply go here and click the big red "Get Help" button.

m6sKfNT.png

P.S. sorry about the whole "Kick The Alien" thing ... water under the bridge I hope?

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Bran.. may fossilization hold off for many more.

As for these Aliens...

Alien beings, you won't remember me, we've never met before, nor have our paths crossed in recent times, and I can assure you we're both equally happy to keep it that way. The galaxy is an enormous place, and a mere speck in the universe. There's more than enough room for everyone. Now odds are, we probably won't cross paths, but if we do, my cargo bays have room for anything you may need moved from one place to another. We use a thing called "credits" a means of exchange for goods and services. It seems unlikely you use the same, but I'm sure we can come to an arrangement of some kind.
Feel free to go about your business, and unless you have need of a freighter, leave me to mine.

Happy birthday, Bran! Older & bolder...

I suppose a certain level of co-existence should be theoretically possible, seeing as humans live primarily on ELW's while Tharogids live primarily on Ammonia worlds... Or am I wrong about that?!

To: Thargoid Overlords

Attention, idiots.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, engineer mods I have acquired from a very overused exploit. God rolls that make me a nightmare for insects like you. If you let my meta alloys go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will combat log on you.

-Alvarez

Welcome Thargonians!

I know your time back near our bubble has not been all you hoped it would be, what with us stealing bits of your fuel pumps from various worlds... And of course the shooting... Oh and the ramming, can't forget that can we... but not all of us are the same. You may remember me as one of the millions of CMDR's named Jamerson who back in the day kicked your insectoid butts but lets not dwell on the past... After all you were the ones who shot first back in '84.

Let us move forward in the spirit of togetherness and harmony to forge a new galactic civilisation. An equal partnership if you will. Where trade can flow freely, peace can be bought to the stars as we explorer the galaxy hand in hand. All of this can be possible I know, if we just put our differences behind us and move forwards.

As a sign of our willingness to integrate with your culture we would of course give you direct access to some of the most powerful positions within our 'Bubble'. It could even be arranged for you to take over as the moderators on the Frontier Forums, you could eat the current ones if you wish or just tear of their heads. Both options are fine with the human race if it keeps you happy!

Enough of me rambling, I'm sure you would like to hear from some of the other Humans so I'll attach some of their additions to this open letter providing I don't get to drunk at my 50th tonight, thanks for the card by the way, I didn't know Thargoids celebrated birthdays. Anyway, we should keep in touch, do you skype?

All the best

Bran Tse Mallory

Welcome to the 50 club.

Hit mine last month on the 21st.

I'm sure we could offer TJ as a peace offering, unless he really is a Thargoid himself ?

Have a good party,
Cheers

Welcome to the 50 club.

Hit mine last month on the 21st.

I'm starting to suspect that the average age of ED players is 50 - there are at least 4 of us around that age just in this one thread! Of course, that might just mean that Bran's avatar is reassuringly familiar to those of a certain age ;)

I'm starting to suspect that the average age of ED players is 50 - there are at least 4 of us around that age just in this one thread! Of course, that might just mean that Bran's avatar is reassuringly familiar to those of a certain age ;)

Make it 5.

OK, I'll bite and confess to being "around that age" too. Which side I ain't tellin!

According to scientists we are made of matter forged by dying stars billions of years ago. Therefore, we are all technically the same age.

Quick tip ... when I turned 28 I started using hexadecimal to describe my age. Apart from the 6-year period 2 years later when the presence of alphabetic characters sorta gave the game away this has worked a treat! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom