open play

The biggest problem (or flaw) in the game is how Solo/PG modes affect BGS and Power Play... solo/PG modes shouldn't have the same impact on factions.

PMF should be affected only in open, CZs where PMF are involved should be accessed only in open, massacre or assassinations against PMF should be available and doable only in open... as well as everything related to PP.

The biggest problem (or flaw) in the game is how Solo/PG modes affect BGS and Power Play... solo/PG modes shouldn't have the same impact on factions.

PMF should be affected only in open, CZs where PMF are involved should be accessed only in open, massacre or assassinations against PMF should be available and doable only in open... as well as everything related to PP.

Though I generally agree with you to some extent I must say this can't be a thing without full crossplay. Otherwise every systems players could say the same about the other systems players. So to say the whole Xbox community is a private group for PC or PS players.

Prepare for incoming pitchforks 😂

I don't understand why so many players are so apprehensive of playing in Open, which I have done for over 4 years since the 1st month after training and solo acclimation. - The learning curve is daunting, but with the Sidey as your 1st ship, it is very affordable when destroyed. - Guys, you don't have to fight every battle, (choose them wisely), - It is a lot easier to boost away from a conflict than to engage - Set the engines to full and keep boosting until the FSD recharges and jump. - Either in that system or to another system and come back - All you have to do is leave that instance - If you decide not to do battle, - Set the engines to full and the system charger to 2 points - If you go to idle with X on the keyboard when interdicted, your FSD takes 10 sec to charge instead of the 40 sec required if you don't go to idle, - When the interdiction completes whether by NPC or player, boost, boost, boost, then jump. I haven't tested all ships, but most if not all can outmaneuver an attacker during interdiction FSD recharge - Stay out of weapon range (approx. 2.5Km) or the weapon sightline, ( the V in the center radar), and you are gold.

Though I generally agree with you to some extent I must say this can't be a thing without full crossplay. Otherwise every systems players could say the same about the other systems players. So to say the whole Xbox community is a private group for PC or PS players.

Yes, I take your point as well. I reckon is a strong argument too. As an example, one of our biggest allies for BGS is a PC faction and we became allies because we discovered we were interfering in our BGS activities and we did need to coordinate our efforts. But, as a counter, by promoting open play... a PMF could find an ally on another platform which may act on its behalf. I mean, it should encourage some sort of cross-play BGS... but once some one is hiding in PG/Solo, there's nothing you can do.

Prepare for incoming pitchforks 😂

I know, LFMAO

People will do what people will do. Interesting story from my travels: I got pulled from FDS once mostly because the person interdicting me put up a good enough fight and I got tired if trying to escape. I was in my AspX, without any weapons. He had a Python. But he didn't kill me. Instead, he stated he was part of some pirate clan (this was before the system was put in place), and demanded I eject my cargo or face my death. At the time, my cargo was just some stuff I got from Guardian ruins to make some fast cash and didn't mean much to me. So I obliged. I dumped my cargo, and was free to leave.

Later I'd shoot them a DM because, even though is lost money, I actually enjoyed the little bit of RP aspect he brought to it. I thought it was cool as hell and made me love the game more.

The point? Some players really get into the game and add RP aspects, like my pirate friend. Others? Not so much. Some people just like the thrill of the kill, or have perhaps some other motive.

Not all people fit the bill for any specific playstyle. And in Open, anything is possible. You just kinda have to keep that in the back of your mind whenever venturing from the safety of the more secure systems.

Top Bottom